Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Very depressed...behavior... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6360)

mamma2nikkiSEP 05-16-2006 12:00 PM

Very depressed...behavior...

My children don't listen to me.

I'm becoming desperate...
I tell them to clean their rooms or get dressed or stay in bed an dtake a nap..
Its like I am speaking a foreign lang. and I can't stand it anymore.

It feels like they don't respect me. It makes me so sad and high strung.

I was a pretty well behaved kid...but my Dad beat my butt and I lived in fear of him and punishment.

I feel that my business and my addiction to the diapering groups and diaper browsing, is part of the problem. That if I just stop...and give them my 100% constant attention things will get better.

But I worked so hard on my business pattern and you ladies are my FRIENDS. REAL friends!!! Without this "world" I feel like I will lose alot of who I am right now and what I enjoy.

Do I have to sacrifice the "cloth diapering world" to make my kids act how I want them to. Am I being selfish that I don't want to give you all up.

I know without you life would be lonely.

wbkt8 05-16-2006 12:07 PM

Re: Very depressed...behavior...

:hugs:

i think it's important for me to have other outlets in my life. but that being said, even with just my one, i do notice that if i get too absorbed in doing my stuff that she's definitely whinier, wanting more attention, etc. it can be hard to figure out a balance.

mamma2nikkiSEP 05-16-2006 12:09 PM

I am getting pulled in so many directions. they fight w/ each other too.
Its like a cat fight here every day after school.

Prettylocks 05-16-2006 12:13 PM

:hugs: I was right there this winter. I took a week long break from the computer and it did the trick for my fam. Everyone was much happier, now I still get on most days, I just don't spend quite as much time. It might help you to get out of the house. Can you take the kids to the park and run around with them a little?

mamma2nikkiSEP 05-16-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cristina
:hugs: I was right there this winter. I took a week long break from the computer and it did the trick for my fam. Everyone was much happier, now I still get on most days, I just don't spend quite as much time. It might help you to get out of the house. Can you take the kids to the park and run around with them a little?

Its pouring rain right now and has been raining for days...which adds to the mood of the household...

It is also hard for me to run around w/ 1, 2, and 3 with 27 pound #4 slung on me. She weighs me down, LOL!

wbkt8 05-16-2006 12:17 PM

they may be bored (hence the fighting) too....i agree - maybe figuring out something (like park time) that they can all do to get everyone out of the house & get some exercise could be good.

hang in there!

eta - just read your post above....:(

OneFabMama 05-16-2006 12:29 PM

:hugs: It's hard! Like Katie said it's important we all have an outlet. Most of us are SAHMs/WAHMs and life can get a little lonely or boring. I love DS and it's my adult 'conversation' most days. BUT, I also notice if I'm busy on the computer or doing something for the business my DD gets cranky, and whinney. So, it's all about time management. She comes first, I made that commitment when I decided to stay home. So, I've learned that I can only have DS time when she is highly entertained on her own, or she is napping (which she is now).

I also agree if they are fighting they are bored. Maybe tell them, if they can not fight, help each other clean you will go for ice cream, or go to the park for an hour. Not anything extravagent so they think if they clean they will get things but something fun, to motivate them a little. Give them a push in the right direction. Or make a chart for chores and a chart for the week and on Monday, and Fridays the oldest get to pick something fun to do. Finger paint, something crafty, maybe they can help you design a diaper. Or pick the colors. Make them feel like they made it.

I'm babbling.