Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   After baby food for my sister.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=638748)

mama2jack 01-07-2009 01:18 PM

After baby food for my sister....

So my sister is due in 2-3 wks and I am thinking up some foods to stock her fridge and freezer. What would you want me to bring? Needs to be SUPER easy (she will be sort-of a single mommy) healthy and yummy. I was thinking....

Fridge:
fresh fruit salad
hard boiled eggs

Freezer:
homemade burritos
healthy muffins
calzones stuffed w/ lots of veggies

What else? :goodvibes:

dogmom327 01-07-2009 01:39 PM

Re: After baby food for my sister....

My best friend brought over cheesy Kaiser rolls, lunch meat and sliced cheese after I had my son. It was the best thing every. Tasted so good and was so easy. We ate that for three days.

esaesa 01-07-2009 02:41 PM

breakfast casserole, lasagna, homemade pesto all easy for freezer

Lots of snacks! cut up cheese and crackers, cut up veggies/dip, chips and salsa

Anything she can eat with one hand. You're a great sis!

Heather8183 01-07-2009 02:45 PM

I agree with both pp...lunch meats and cheese with bread/rolls is great bc it's so easy! Also, lasagna is wonderful...it's so nice and filling and warm! I was thinking some sort of a chicken casserole. My mom makes one with boneless skinless chicken breasts, stove top stuffing, siwss cheese, and cream of chicken soup! :goodvibes:

mama2jack 01-07-2009 04:46 PM

Oooohhh, I didn't even think of sandwiches. If I have time I could make her favorite bread (also mine:drif:) I was also thinking after the baby is born I could do a few crockpot meals for her (so I don't have to worry about the timing/keeping it warm)

mama2jack 01-07-2009 04:47 PM

crap, I am so hungry and this is not helping:giggle:

benjason 01-07-2009 05:39 PM

How about lasagna, chicken pot pie, enchiladas, a casserole, baked ziti, quiche, chili, soups? You can freeze all these meals - maybe cut them into individual servings. I do like the meat and cheese tray idea, but I think you should provide some hot meals as well. That's so sweet of you to do this for your sister!!

rachel2c129 01-07-2009 06:24 PM

Soup! there are lots of great soups that work great in the freezer... Plus a good hearty soup is so comforting in those first hormone filled days!
I wish I had a sister like you nearby :thumbsup:

Leslie Napastuk 01-11-2009 12:55 AM

very thoughtful of you to do this for you sister. when I had my babies I had a couple of lasagnas, shepherds pie, pre cooked meat balls (then I would just make a quick sweet and sour sauce, rice and veggies), chicken cassarole and lots of muffins for snacks and quick breakfasts all frozen and ready to go.