Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Only good things (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63957)

geckoed 11-17-2006 02:38 PM

Only good things

seems like I post more about going IN to the hospital than coming OUT. I get a little afraid of "jinxing it" and, when I tell relatives good news they act like its not really good :headscratch:
Anyway. I have good things to post. I'm hoping you guys can keep in mind "its all relative" and *just* be happy.
Lochlan has a serious immune deficiency, and about a dozen other issues as well. He's always sick, he's often hospitalized, he has delays and so on. There are a LOT of mommas on here just recapping ;) Anyway. In the last 3 weeks (he gets infusions every 3 weeks to try to make/keep him healthy) he hasn't had to stay overnight at the hospital at ALL :happyclap:
AND, we had a chest xray because his pneumonia isn't clearing (he got it in Sept). He still has pneumonia, and some scarring etc, BUT his xray is FINALLY not getting worse :hugegrin:
AND his labs came back. This won't make sense to most of you, but just go with it ok? His IGg was 120 pre-infusion, and the goal was to have it around 800 3 weeks later. It was 90. But this infusion his predraw showed 340!! Now, its still a far cry from 800, I know- but its a LOT higher than it was and means we are getting closer to finding his right dose :) AND his stool sample showed only trace amounts of c-diff at LAST! So WOOHOOOO we're fixing up his gut too! :happyclap: AND his ear infections are clearing, still fluid and redness, but less pus and nastiness.
AND the early intervention team came to evaluate him. I don't have the report yet, but he's "doing MUCH better than expected" in everything but speech. AND at 19 months he said "mom", at 20 months "dad" was added. This month he started to point at things when asked (a few pictures in books, and pics of family on the wall) and also added "Nah-Noe" for Connor (biggest brother) and "oooo" for Trew (other brother) and "go" (for go :giggle: )and also added some new sounds (he had vowels and growls until 19 months, then only B and D sounds until this month) now he has N, G, B, W :yay:
All that news has come in in the last week or so.
I don't mean to sound boasty or braggy, just wanted to share our UPS too :goodvibes:

janendragon 11-17-2006 04:54 PM

Re: Only good things

:happyclap:

thats great to hear!!

9800Emily 11-17-2006 06:04 PM

Thats great. :happyclap: I'm glad you little guy is getting better, sounds like he has been through a lot for being so young.

kezoo 11-18-2006 06:23 PM

Yay! It must be great to have some good things to cheer about! :)

sesa70 11-20-2006 07:46 AM

:lostit: So glad to hear the good news! I love the happy stuff too :goodvibes:

reborin 11-26-2006 09:51 AM

Woot!!! That's all really positive for you guys! Awesome!!! I hope it keeps in that direction! :D

One of my guys first words was GO too. SO cute. :lostit:

amielia80 11-26-2006 11:09 AM

wow that is great news!!! I am so happy for you and your little one. My son has been very sick too for variuos reasons and he went through EI and now has a diagnosis os autism and ADHD. My younger son is also in EI for speech delay.I know where you are coming form. Keep your head high and thoughts good. Always smile and your little one will do just fine!!!! I know it is hard to do at times, but sometimes it is all you can do is to think positive. I am always here if you need to talk....
Have you tested his hearing? You said he had lots of ear infections, sometimes that can lead to speech delay. My DS started speaking the words he could speak clearer after he had tubes put in (after 2 years of chronic ear infections) just a thought.