Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's on your menu for the next week or two? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=641255)

2sweetboys 01-10-2009 10:05 AM

What's on your menu for the next week or two?

I'm trying to put together a menu and just can't think of anything. I have a few of our 'regulars' down, but want to mix it up so that I will stick with the menu.

Chicken Enchi-lasagna (enchilada casserole :giggle:) with black beans

Fried Chicken

Spaghetti

Stuffed pork chops

Meatloaf/Meatballs (depending on my mood)

Anyone have any other ideas?

AZAlyssa 01-11-2009 09:26 PM

Re: What's on your menu for the next week or two?

Having a plan for leftovers helps me stick with menus. Otherwise, it all sits in the fridge and no one will touch it 3 days later.

You could put the leftover fried chicken along with hard boiled eggs and cheese on top of chef salads the next night.

If you don't mix the spaghetti with sauce to serve it, the leftover pasta can be made into a, well, I don't know what it's called....we just do it. Put the cooked spaghetti in a well-greased pie plate, then pour 2 well-beaten eggs over it and top with salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese and bake at 350 until set. Cut into wedges and serve as a side, or with a tomato or alfredo sauce.

Christina 01-11-2009 10:02 PM

Here is what I have for the next week -

Monday -
Pork Roast, Potatoes, Green Beans

Tuesday -
Lentil and Brown Rice Tacos

Wednesday -
We have church this night and they have dinner there, this week they are making Chicken and Dumplings

Thursday -
Steak with cheesy orzo and asparagus

Friday -
Chicken Tortilla Soup

Saturday -
Roasted Chicken with (not sure about sides yet)

Sunday -
Will probably be at the inlaws for dinner

kocho 01-11-2009 11:45 PM

I haven't made a menu lately and I really should so when I get the grocery funds I don't go crazy at the store! lol I'm going to order Angel food tomorrow, so I just need to get us through til that comes next week.

My sister called and asked for my Chicken Club Brunch recipe, so now I'm hungry for it so that will be someday this week.

I'll be babysitting at dinner time two nights so we can bet on hot dogs and mac and cheese for one meal and chicken nuggets and fries for the other. lol

And I'm thinking I'd like to make tuna casserole sometime soon.

Ham slices may round out the rotation. lol We haven't had them lately.

Basically I'm sick of all my regular stuff and trying to think of things we haven't had lately. lol

tjcjlc99 01-12-2009 12:35 PM

heres what ive got so far-

chili for 2-3 days
salsa chicken for 1-2 days.
something w/ rabbit, not sure what.
then im not sure after that yet

gideonsmommy 01-12-2009 02:15 PM

Here's what we're having this week:

Waffles and sausage (we love breakfast for supper)
Vegetable soup (because it's FREEZING here)
Meatloaf
Dried beef casserole (which is dried beef with macaroni and a few other things)
Homemade pizza
Tacos
And then one night something with rice...not sure what to put with it but I'm really in the mood for rice.

Amberjoe_1 01-15-2009 10:01 PM

Homemade chicken and dumplings... homemade pizza, Ravioli soup, Beef mexican rice and chicken wontons. Probably salads and veggies on the sides of some of those.:thumbsup:

Babara 01-16-2009 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christina (Post 5974270)
Here is what I have for the next week -

Monday -
Pork Roast, Potatoes, Green Beans

Tuesday -
Lentil and Brown Rice Tacos

Wednesday -
We have church this night and they have dinner there, this week they are making Chicken and Dumplings

Thursday -
Steak with cheesy orzo and asparagus

Friday -
Chicken Tortilla Soup

Saturday -
Roasted Chicken with (not sure about sides yet)

Sunday -
Will probably be at the inlaws for dinner

Wow you are very organized! I just have the meal for today:

Wok - chicken vegetalbes and nudles

Tastes delitious!

kocho 01-16-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kocho (Post 5974889)
I haven't made a menu lately and I really should so when I get the grocery funds I don't go crazy at the store! lol I'm going to order Angel food tomorrow, so I just need to get us through til that comes next week.

My sister called and asked for my Chicken Club Brunch recipe, so now I'm hungry for it so that will be someday this week.

I'll be babysitting at dinner time two nights so we can bet on hot dogs and mac and cheese for one meal and chicken nuggets and fries for the other. lol

And I'm thinking I'd like to make tuna casserole sometime soon.

Ham slices may round out the rotation. lol We haven't had them lately.

Basically I'm sick of all my regular stuff and trying to think of things we haven't had lately. lol

Wow, I didn't stick with that at all!! lol The kids weren't here for dinner either night they were supposed to be, so we scrapped that. I forgot to get the ham slices or the stuff for chicken club brunch.

I did get a lot of good deals on meat when we shopped. The problem is that my DH doesn't listen. He was vaccum sealing stuff to freeze and I told him to leave out one package of steaks, a roast, a package of sausage and some burger. He totally forgot and only left out the steaks and sausage. Those are gone and I hate to defrost something he just froze. Those vaccum seal bags are expensive!! Wah!!