Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Taco Soup - how does this sound? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644071)

RebekahG77 01-13-2009 03:09 PM

Taco Soup - how does this sound?

Here's how I planned it in my mind; how does it sound and what would you add or delete?

I started with dry black, kidney, and pinto beans. They've quick-soaked this morning, and I'll start them cooking in a few minutes. I'm going to add:

chicken stock
1/2 jar salsa
1/2 lb. ground beef, seasoned with taco seasoning
1 chopped onion

I'll top it with grated pepper jack cheese. How does this sound? Any thoughts?

mollyscottage 01-13-2009 03:23 PM

Re: Taco Soup - how does this sound?

Yummy! This soup is one of our favorite dinners! I add either frozen corn or a can of hominy, and I like to make cornbread "sticks" (in the little cast iron pan that looks like ears of corn) to go with it. I like the salsa idea!
~Molly

kocho 01-13-2009 03:28 PM

Yummy!! Sounds good, let me know how it comes out!!

TyAndCheyMommy 01-13-2009 03:29 PM

Sounds like I am coming to your house for dinner hehe

fallon 01-13-2009 03:30 PM

I think it sounds really good

skigrrl06 01-13-2009 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mollyscottage (Post 5992181)
Yummy! This soup is one of our favorite dinners! I add either frozen corn or a can of hominy, and I like to make cornbread "sticks" (in the little cast iron pan that looks like ears of corn) to go with it. I like the salsa idea!
~Molly

:yeahthat: We always add corn! Sounds great mama! I actually have this recipe somewhere for the crock pot... I wish we were having that for dinner tonight...:drif:

RebekahG77 01-13-2009 04:07 PM

Thanks, mamas! I've got some frozen corn... I'll throw some in :mrgreen: Btw, it's simmering away and smells sooooooooo good!

RebekahG77 01-13-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyAndCheyMommy (Post 5992239)
Sounds like I am coming to your house for dinner hehe

Come on over, mama, and bring some margaritas!!

RebekahG77 01-13-2009 05:28 PM

Well, I just gave it a taste, and it needs more taco seasoning, but I don't have any more. It tastes more like chili this way, but that's okay. It's still yummy!!! Just needs more "taco" taste if I'm truly going to call it "taco soup!" :goodvibes:

christypjb 01-13-2009 06:25 PM

Sounds super yummy. We also add a ranch dip packet to ours, I know it is not that healthy but makes for that extra flavor burst. Adding a can of corn is good also. We sometimes top with raw onions and sour cream or avacados.