Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diapers STILL leaking...PLEASE HELP!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6448)

ocfb16 05-16-2006 05:33 PM

Diapers STILL leaking...PLEASE HELP!!!

Okay I am getting really frustrated and have been having to put my dd in sposies :yuck: I have no other choice until I get my diapers fixed. I have 32 fuzzi bunz, and have been using them for a month and a half. I wash them with Tide. 3 days ago just about all of them started leaking. It started just at the legs, so I soaked them in oxyclean for 5 hours and then did 5 consecutive hot washes. I never saw any bubbles in the wash either. Today I tried them again and she leaked through the whole diaper, not just the legs but the butt as well. The inserts are not even wet at all. I honestly do not know what to do. I do not know if they are repelling or wicking, seems like both! I assumed it was detergent build up b/c they all started doing it at the same time. Please tell me what I should do. :banghead:

quarli 05-16-2006 05:43 PM

Re: Diapers STILL leaking...PLEASE HELP!!!

Try a washing soda and simple green wash. 2tbls washing soda 9 squirts SG, wash on hot and rinse 3-4 times on cold. That should help.

ocfb16 05-16-2006 05:52 PM

There is no washing soda located anywhere remotely close to me

quarli 05-16-2006 05:54 PM

do you have a pool supply store close by? You can get something called soda ash ( i believe that is the name) there and its the same stuff.

ocean_o_curls 05-16-2006 06:10 PM

how much tide are you using when you wash them normally?

DakotasMommy 05-16-2006 06:14 PM

Im no expert, but.....(hopin some of the experts will chirp in) wouldnt wicking through the whole diaper mean she needs to run them through the dryer on high?

ocfb16 05-16-2006 06:27 PM

I actually almost always run them through the dryer on high. I just recently got a clothesline and have only gotten to use it one time. So besides one time they have always been put in the dryer. At first I was using like half a scoop of tide....then I started using 2 TBS. I still have no idea how much to use, I posted on here asking and no one really gave me an answer....I am still so new at this. This week I've felt like giving up. But then I think back to when they did work right and I loved them, so I just hope I can fix them.

SheilaJoy 05-16-2006 06:41 PM

I thought tide was really bad for diapers, causing buildup. I use SG/WS also, but if you can't do that, a lot of people have luck with unscented Sun. Oh, and to strip, you could try a squirt of Dawn in the wash.

masonite 05-16-2006 06:50 PM

Have you tried using Dawn to strip them??

I've heard that Tide isn't good either...but everyone always says something different about these things. I use Sun, and I've had really good luck.

Try washing with a squirt of Dawn, using an extra rinse.

Then, wash with 1/2 cup baking soda; add 1/2 c. vinegar to the first rinse. Then do a second rinse with nothing in it.

This is a stripping method that one of my friends gave me, saying it was fool proof. I can't use it because I have hard water, so I can't use vinegar on my dipes. But, I guess you could still do everything else the same, except omit vinegar if you have hard water.

I've never had repel/wicking issues with my fb's. Only problems with the inserts stinking. I really hope you can get them to work. :(

DakotasMommy 05-16-2006 06:51 PM

I use generic costco brand (kirkland) and I havent had any problems with my dipies.