Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DYK - that the magic eraser.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64777)

lutgen 11-20-2006 10:24 AM

DYK - that the magic eraser....

So for all of you that have older kids and those of you here whose kids will get older someday...

DYK - that the magic eraser is great at taking glued on bright green card stock off of freshly painted sunlight yellow walls?

I *thought* Ed was watching the two big ones, they were in the rec room creating art... no big deal... but you have to watch sometimes... then they decided to decorate for Christmas... which meant GLUING up decorations (IE cut up green Christmas trees, regular construction paper with Christmas designs... like - purple marker presents)

They were sooooo proud of themselves. It was on 4 walls.....

I never EVER thought I would have to say, "no you cannot glue pictures to the wall"

4kidzmom 11-20-2006 11:20 AM

Re: DYK - that the magic eraser....

Oh no! And I thought my kids have done it all. LOL
It is a good thing to know that the magic eraser will get glue off. I know that it works when markers are used on wood.

annes_cottage 11-20-2006 01:04 PM

I JUST used one to get crayon off wallpaper!!! :mrgreen:

greenkmt 11-20-2006 01:22 PM

I need to get one to get stuff off the walls at our rental house.

Iam2faboo 11-21-2006 08:37 AM

I LOVE magic eraser! :lostit: It takes everything off of anything. Crayon? check. Sneaker scuff marks on the baseboards? check. That strange substance that comes off of biter biscuits? check. I don't know how we lived before magic eraser! :thumbsup:

daisyprincess98 11-21-2006 12:06 PM

add permenant maker on our BRAND NEW counter tops to that!

jenn5388 11-21-2006 12:27 PM

It does take the paint off the wall.. so be careful of what surfaces to use it on. :)

I love them myself. :)

lutgen 11-21-2006 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn5388 (Post 470597)
It does take the paint off the wall.. so be careful of what surfaces to use it on. :)

I love them myself. :)

I have had that happen - but this time it didn't... I wonder if it has anything to do with the finish of the paint - we have eggshell in the rec room

aimeemarie 11-21-2006 12:33 PM

Just want to add that while the Magic Eraser is awesome and seems harmless it can also cause chemical burns, there is a little boy that loved them and rubbed them on his face and got pretty bad burns.

ChurchPunkMom 11-21-2006 02:49 PM

I SO wish it would get the Sharpie off my dining room wall... I used almost an entire eraser on it and only lightened it. :(