Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Can you use Spray and Wash on diapers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6491)

ocfb16 05-16-2006 07:21 PM

Can you use Spray and Wash on diapers?

Okay the reason I ask is because I ordered 12 Fuzzi Bunz from a mom. 6 of them arrived with a yellowish color to them(when you looked close it was streaks, but looked yellow as a whole). I debated on whether it was cream fleece(I had never seen the cream ones before). After I washed them they looked way worse. The streaks were even more yellow and really disticnt. I contacted her and she said she never noticed (I dont know how) but she did say she used Spray and Wash on them. I have never heard of Spray and Wash being okay on diapers. Is this what caused the stains? I've tried lemon juice and LOTS of sun to get it out. Nothing will work. I am really upset b/c I paid to much for yellow diapers, however it's been over a month since I bought them. I didnt send them back to her b/c I figured the sun and lemon juice would work. I know I will never get near what I paid back out of them. :cry: I am hoping someone has suggestions on how to get the stains out.

beckers1111 05-16-2006 08:16 PM

Re: Can you use Spray and Wash on diapers?

I would say no I wouldnt use spray n wash on them, but I dont have any other ideas! :headscratch: sorry, Im sure someone else will be brilliant! :giggle:

masonite 05-16-2006 08:45 PM

I have no clue, but I'm guessing that Spray & Wash is no good for dipes!

Have you tried the Oxyclean deep clean method?? It's worth a shot!

ocfb16 05-16-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masonite
I have no clue, but I'm guessing that Spray & Wash is no good for dipes!

Have you tried the Oxyclean deep clean method?? It's worth a shot!

Yes I have tried oxyclean I soaked them for 5 hours. Still BAD stains!

masonite 05-16-2006 08:53 PM

:banghead: Are you kidding!

I'd be seriously pissed!! I don't know what else you can try! I'll see if I can find anything else that you can do. Hopefully someone here will have some wise advice.

I'd hate to see you lose your money on all of those diapers!:cry:

ocfb16 05-16-2006 09:08 PM

I know me too, I should have returned them but I seriously thought it would come out with lemon juice and sun, everything else does. Plus I HATE telling someone I want a refund but after this I have had 2 more people send me bad products. So from here on out I've decided to quit being the "nice girl" when people send me bad products.

MamaZ 05-17-2006 07:32 AM

what about Dreft Stain remover or Totally Toddler? I have used that before on diapers and it seems to be fine. It took a stain out of the outside of a diaper that I had bought from a mama and it looks brand new now :)

SugarBunsWool&More 05-17-2006 07:44 AM

I would contact the seller and tell her what's been going on. I think you're entitled to at least a partial refund. Its crazy to sell something with stains on it and not tell the buyer or offer a refund.

marymom 05-17-2006 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RileysMama
I would contact the seller and tell her what's been going on. I think you're entitled to at least a partial refund. Its crazy to sell something with stains on it and not tell the buyer or offer a refund.

:agreed: :hugs:

masonite 05-17-2006 09:49 AM

I definitely think you should contact the seller! It can't hurt to try!