Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "safest dipes" (resale value?) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=649647)

MrsGoose 01-20-2009 09:02 AM

"safest dipes" (resale value?)

So, after reading thread after thread, I am a little freaked out about buying a stash. What if i buy a 12 FBs and then HATE them? or 12 BG AIO organics? Or pfs, covers etc...

So my question is, which dipes do you feel "go the quickest" on FSOT?!

WynneBabies 01-20-2009 09:04 AM

Re: "safest dipes" (resale value?)

I've seen BG (organics and newer style, especially newer colors) go pretty quickly.

KobeeJacknGradysMama 01-20-2009 09:05 AM

id say prefolds and covers

amanda28 01-20-2009 09:10 AM

I think most things kept in excellent condition goes well... most of the popular brands go fast as well from what I can tell, especially if priced well and well taken care of.

amanda28 01-20-2009 09:12 AM

I'll also add that this is why the majority of my stash was bought VERY cheaply off the FSOT forum... I'm worried that most of it won't work. I didn't want to spend tons of money on something that wouldn't work. I bought some KLO's really cheap from a mama on FSOT and so I won't care too much if they don't work well, for example.

Spindle Spun 01-20-2009 09:16 AM

Honestly, I bought a lot of diapers (but mostly prefolds & flats) with 1 or 2 of varying types of fitteds with the intention of trying them on Thia when she is born, but not with the intention of reselling. I'm sure I will look to pass them on to another mama after she grows out of them, but I didn't buy a whole lot of any one kind of spendy diaper that I will regret later. I guess, I'd recommend just buying 1 or 2 of the different kinds you want to try and focus on the much less spendy option of prefolds & flats for the majority until you figure out what you like. That way you don't have to worry about being upset by how FSOT works out if something you bought doesn't work out for you. That is just my point of view though, and I know a lot of mamas view this differently.

UnderTheStars 01-20-2009 09:19 AM

BG's go pretty fast it seems...but my suggestion instead of worrying about having to get rid of 12 diapers if they don't work is to just get one or two of the brands you want to try. That way if they aren't a good fit, you aren't out a lot. Because the second you use a diaper your resale value goes down quite a bit - so I wouldn't buy things based on getting money back out of them. JMO.

ttmomma 01-20-2009 09:20 AM

I would definitely stear clear of buying bulk of any one type/brand! That is a mistake many many newbies make. Your best bet, IMO, buy one of each type (fitted, AIO etc...) to try out first. Keep in mind, all diapers are different in more ways than one, and all babies are built different too. So what works one day won't work as baby grows...

I think many will agree, you can never go wrong w/Prefolds and covers! They are fairly cheap, will last throughout NB to potty-learning stage, and can be used as diapers, later on as doublers, cleaning rags after done CD'ing.

Apple_Dumplin 01-20-2009 09:33 AM

GMD prefolds definitely keep their value. I would also recommend trying 1 or 2 before buying a whole bunch. What I intended to use didn't end up working for us. Good luck!

NebraskaGirl82 01-20-2009 09:40 AM

GMD prefolds- mine sold in like 5 minutes- are a safe bet.

I also think the BG Organics are going pretty well.