Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My 4 yo tried to kill the baby!!! UPDATE (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65220)

mommabug42006 11-21-2006 11:53 AM

My 4 yo tried to kill the baby!!! UPDATE

My 4 yo DS just tried to kill my 8 month old!!! :cry: He had a belt wrapped around her neck and she was purple!!! He said he hates her and wants her to go to hell because he is the baby. I am so upset I am afraid to even leave the baby in the crib while I go to the bathroom. Is this normal? Has this happened to anyone else?? Please help!!

UPDATE post 18ish

bsydprmkn 11-21-2006 11:56 AM

Re: My 4 yo tried to kill the baby!!!

i would definately be calling the ped to get a psych referral. that isnt normal at all and i would definately be super worried. sorry momma

Luv2bemommy 11-21-2006 11:58 AM

Whoa.:whoa: In my opinion that is NOT normal. I have never had that kind of reaction from bringing a new baby into the house.

I don't even know what to tell you to do, but why do you think your child feels this way? I could understand some jealously at first but this baby is now 8 months old and you are pregnant again! You have to get this child under control NOW or I would be afraid what will happen.. Big :hugs: to you mama.. I will say a prayer for you all!

aimeemarie 11-21-2006 11:59 AM

Woah Mama. Thank GOD that you found him doing that. I would certainly get him to a psychiatrist (one that has dealt or deals with children) ASAP. And I would probably take no chances in leaving the baby anywhere around him.

Luv2bemommy 11-21-2006 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsydprmkn (Post 470467)
i would definately be calling the ped to get a psych referral. that isnt normal at all and i would definately be super worried. sorry momma

Yeah, this sounds like a GREAT idea!! :hugs: :hugs:

rowynne 11-21-2006 12:00 PM

:yeahthat: to what everyone said!!! :hugs:

westend 11-21-2006 12:01 PM

:hugs: I dont have any advice, but maybe getting him to a Dr as pp suggested. :hugs: :hugs:

ProudSpark 11-21-2006 12:05 PM

My MIL told me a story about when my husband (when we was about 4 years old) tried to throw his baby brother out of the window saying that he was the baby. I was shocked. It's so weird since they are now the best of friends. I guess you need to watch him carefully, hopefully this attitude will change. Good Luck!

urchin_grey 11-21-2006 12:07 PM

Oh my goodness! :ahh: I agree, get your little one in to see someone quick. One of my cousins used to do things like that to his little brother. He once put him in the oven and turned it on. And once got him to stand under a HUGH light fixtures and then threw something at it and the younger one wound up with 60 stitches on his leg. Anyway, not trying to scare you more than you already are, but the point is, they got help for him and he doesn't do things like that at all anymore. He's a normal 17yo now.

:hugs: mama. I hope everything turns out ok. Just make sure he's not alone with the baby at least until you find out what the problem is.

MamaMel 11-21-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsydprmkn (Post 470467)

I agree you want to get something like that undercontrol before it gets worse. It could end up being he just needs to talk to someone and figure out was to vent his anger in a positive way