Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Mystery Rash Is Solved...I Don't Believe It (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65351)

Sarah 11-21-2006 05:55 PM

The Mystery Rash Is Solved...I Don't Believe It

We found out what the mystery rash was today. After fighting and calling and begging. The ped did a throat swab.

It's Scarlet Fever!!! I thought that was a old time thing,but I guess there has been an outbreak in the area.

daizydoo 11-21-2006 06:41 PM

Re: The Mystery Rash Is Solved...I Don't Believe It

Isn't that a strain of strep throat? My oldest dc doesn't get strep in the typical form- they think it because he has had his tonsils out, anyways he gets a rash all over him. The first time it happened I thought he had a reaction to soap or something since he is very sensitive to soaps and he had been at a sleepover but when it didn't clear I called and they swabbed his throat and it was strep. He had no fever or sore throat though. I felt bad because it happened to be over Christmas and his birthday so he exposed all of his friends and family. :blush:

Sarah 11-21-2006 07:38 PM

I think it's something like the same type of bacteria. Of course I'm not sure. I started to freak out thinking of the little boy in the Velvateen Rabbit and didn't hear everything that was said.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizydoo (Post 471579)
Isn't that a strain of strep throat? My oldest dc doesn't get strep in the typical form- they think it because he has had his tonsils out, anyways he gets a rash all over him. The first time it happened I thought he had a reaction to soap or something since he is very sensitive to soaps and he had been at a sleepover but when it didn't clear I called and they swabbed his throat and it was strep. He had no fever or sore throat though. I felt bad because it happened to be over Christmas and his birthday so he exposed all of his friends and family. :blush:

Kimmomy2dom 11-21-2006 07:42 PM

My mom almost died from that - but don't worry since you caught that she had it. That was a LONG time ago that she got it, too, LOL!!

MamaZ 11-21-2006 08:14 PM

My DS has caught Scarlet Fever more times than the common cold. At least you found the cause of the rash

mistylaureena 11-21-2006 08:20 PM

yeha I had that a bunch of times when I was younger and sooooo sick:yuck:

havanadaydreamin 11-22-2006 09:19 AM

Yep, I had it when I was younger, and it was miserable!

My grandma and mom swears that it was scarlet fever that caused my dad and me to have to wear glasses when we were younger. Funny how wives tales go, huh?