Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ok, all your teething aides needed NOW--Update w/ ped suggestions! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65375)

beenwaitingalongtime 11-21-2006 06:08 PM

Ok, all your teething aides needed NOW--Update w/ ped suggestions!

My very spirited DD was kind enough to delay teething until this morning (right around the time the necklace coop went kaput) and now we are in teething hell. She cried from 12-4:30, took a 20 min. nap and is only now quiet because she's gnawing on a frozen ring. I've got some fruit in the freezer to use in her mesh freezer when they're ready and I know about frozen washcloths...what else? I'm looking for natural remedies and am reluctant to use Tylenol, etc. TIA! We're dying over here!

StaceyM 11-21-2006 06:13 PM

Re: Ok, all your teething aides needed NOW!

Hylands Teething Tablets...they are GREAT! My DS starts to relax as soon as I shake the bottle at him.

beanmama 11-21-2006 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StaceyM (Post 471647)
Hylands Teething Tablets...they are GREAT! My DS starts to relax as soon as I shake the bottle at him.

:yeahthat: couldn't live without them in this house :thumbsup:

JustAugust 11-21-2006 06:21 PM

Honestly, anything to help her stop hurting, I'd consider. Tylenol or Motrin for now until you can find something else.

We have a teething necklace and that's okay, it actually helps more with ear infection pain! Cool, huh? But he hasn't really complained about getting teeth either, though he doesn't have any yet. lol. I think one is coming.

We have Hylands teething tablets and I didn't notice ANY help with him, but they worked awesome for me when my wisdom tooth came out.

Oh, DS LOVES to chew on a frozed waffle or a carrot!

MommaBelt 11-21-2006 06:22 PM

another vote for hylands teething tablets.. clove works well too, but most kids hate the taste :thumbsup:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 11-21-2006 06:31 PM

another vote for hylands, this is what we used with both kids, danae still uses them since she only has 4 teeth..hahaha

blissfullyblessed 11-21-2006 11:07 PM

hylands all the way!! I was hoping to get a teething necklace in the co-op to try out for this too :cry: -----haven't tried anything but motrin and hylands.

beenwaitingalongtime 11-22-2006 04:34 AM

Thanks. DD has woken up 3x since she went to bed at 7:30 (thus the 3:30 post looking for more suggestions). I gave her a Hylands last time, so we'll see.

I had DH pick up more freezy water-filled teethers and I'm confused. All the water-filled ones say 'cool, don't freeze' and that they're meant for gums only. Only solid plastic things are recommended for actual teething. They can't be frozen?!?! I thought that's what they were for! They melt quickly enough as it is. If they're just cooled, they'll get warm in seconds!

beenwaitingalongtime 11-29-2006 08:56 PM

Re: Ok, all your teething aides needed NOW--Update w/ ped suggestions!

So I finally spoke to our holistic ped and she had some new suggestions that I thought might help in case anyone else was looking for some homeopathic teething pain remedies.
She suggested Camilia (a liquid in little one-serving packets), which she said is a tad sweet, so babies like it and it reduces swelling and has worked wonders for most of her patients. I forget the maker--starts w/ a B. Every 3 hrs. during pain-- every 1 hr. at night if needed.
Also, she said clove EO is a great antiseptic and can numb her gums naturally. She said it's VERY potent and to dilute it w/ organic canola or olive oil, then rub it onto DD's gums. She said to try it on yourself to make sure it's not so strong that it burns.
I found all of this stuff at Whole Foods and am armed and ready for tooth #2 (though I won't mind if it waits awhile to come) :goodvibes:
HTH anyone out there looking for some good solutions!

mama23boys 11-29-2006 09:06 PM

Re: Ok, all your teething aides needed NOW--Update w/ ped suggestions!

tks for the great tips! joe is getting his eye teeth in (#5 and 6) so he has been a darn bear!