Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Moms of girls in dance?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65445)

nothing_butt_cloth 11-21-2006 11:47 PM

Moms of girls in dance??

I have 2 kids in dance.Well technically one is inballet and the other is in tumbling...
Ii want to get them warmups to wear over thier dance clothes for when we go. It itstarting to get cool at night and the leotard and skirt arent gonna cut it.
Any ideas on where to get them. I need a size 5 and a size 6.

Thanks

tarah1218 11-22-2006 05:28 AM

Re: Moms of girls in dance??

If your daughter is in a certified dance school or even an uncertified they should allow leg warmers in black, pink, and white...also she should be allowed to wear a shrug in those same colors, you can usually order them online off of dance shops or if you have a dance shop around town somewhere they should carry them. I use to do this in the winter since I would hate to have to put stuff on and take it off before and after. For the girl in tumbling, I am sure she probably doesn't wear a skirt, maybe just a pair of cute sweat pants and a zip up sweat top from like walmart?

tsk_mum 11-23-2006 08:06 AM

My DD just wears a fleece pullover / hoodie & leg warmers :goodvibes:
She is older though & can put on & take off these things w/o my help so that makes it easier for me:giggle:

Maybe try searching google :headscratch:

ttrjpbc 11-23-2006 08:17 AM

My girls wear shrugs and leg warmers with their tights and leotards when it is cold :goodvibes: There are lots of places on line like discountdancesupply.com

HTH:goodvibes:

nothing_butt_cloth 11-23-2006 08:34 AM

Thanks. I am still struggling but will keep looking... My problem is finding them small enough instock...

Thanks for the idea. we might wind up with leg warmers...

katzmark06 11-23-2006 08:38 AM

Babylegs makes the bigger leg warmers now

Luv2bemommy 11-23-2006 08:40 AM

My daughter just wore a windbreaker type outfit with a jacket over her leotard and just took it off once inside the studio.. I know our local dance place sells them.. I have also gotten some stuff at www.allaboutdance.com

nothing_butt_cloth 11-23-2006 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv2bemommy (Post 474533)
My daughter just wore a windbreaker type outfit with a jacket over her leotard and just took it off once inside the studio.. I know our local dance place sells them.. I have also gotten some stuff at www.allaboutdance.com

THats what i was thinking of... I hope i can get some. ia m thinking christmas since we are still record breaking heat around here. BUT my one dd has an outside recital on Dec 16th at night, so i may want them for that... I dontknow...:banghead:

navars2 11-23-2006 08:43 PM

A lot of the girls in my MIL's studio just do sweatpants. We live here (my MIL's studio is in the basement of her house and we live with her) so it has never been an issue for us but the other kids just pull sweatpants or even jeans over their leotards. Then they just have a jacket on over their arms. Skirts are pulled on when they get to the studio. I've never seen any of the kids wear leg warmers but they are not part of the uniform for the studio.