Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   sleeping solutions for 2 yr old and grandma (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65754)

curious_george 11-23-2006 12:28 AM

sleeping solutions for 2 yr old and grandma

Ok... we are expecting my mom to move in with us in a few months and she will be sharing the room with Hamish. LOL not much fun but we offered to keep him in our room...

Anyways... the room is small . we have a 2 bdrm unit. he's currently in a play-yard and dh has a twin mattress on the floor next to it. We've tried putting Hamish into the twin but he's always out of it. And getting into trouble. He can climb out of the play-yard now.

So... options are:

1 we move into the livingroom and buy a futon couch. H and my mom each get their own rooms.
2 we get a bunk bed for H's room, and my mom sleeps on the bottom bunk. Hamish the top.
3 Hamish moves in with us. Not a fun option b/c both H and dh snore loudly. :smiley_haha: which keeps me awake all night. dh and I usually sleep in sep. rooms b/c of his snoring...

what do you think we should do?

mistylaureena 11-23-2006 12:35 AM

Re: sleeping solutions for 2 yr old and grandma

have you thought about getting a twin bed with a trundle, and pull the trundle out for hamish, that way he doesnt fall out the top. Orput your mom in the twin bed and get a lil' toddler bed cuz they are much smaller and put that in the room with your mom. Id leave h and grandma together, i mean she doesnt seem to mind right??

I think putting you both in 1 room and them in the other is the best bet. It'll be a tight squeeze, but not forever right??

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 11-23-2006 02:36 AM

i agree with the trundle idea, and h and gma can share the room :)

momx2 11-23-2006 04:25 AM

I like the trundle idea too. and I'd keep grandma and H together in the same room as long as grandma doens't mind.

Ms.Doula 11-23-2006 11:36 AM

how old is he??

Assuming he is under saay, 3 or so Id DEFFINATLY have him in your room, with you. That way he will be safe (would be far too young for a top bunk) And Also if DH snores TOO bad.... kick him to the couch. :giggle:

newmommy 11-23-2006 06:39 PM

I was about to suggest a daybed with a trundle, too. It seems safer than a bunk bed.

lizanneh 11-24-2006 08:27 AM

My DH shared bunk beds with his grandma, and he still talks so fondly of his relationship with her. I think it's an awesome opportunity for intergenerational bonding.:thumbsup:

curious_george 11-24-2006 11:25 AM

Thanks for the ideas. Keep 'em coming! I'm not sure about the trundle bed idea b/c we really don't have enough room to have two twin beds in the room. It's a small room. We might be able to fit a crib size mattress though...

spathakis 11-27-2006 09:49 AM

your kid can sleep with grandma.I share a room with my grandma till i was may be in college i TOTALLY LOVED IT!!!!!

we were very close i have great memories .She passed away a few years ago but i TOTALLY LOVED IT!!!

I WILL RECOMMEND IT
Sangeeta

grisaleen 11-29-2006 01:13 AM

Since your dh and your ds are already sharing a room, why doesn't your mom just move into your room? It's like girls vs. boys, lol. But really, if you are already sleeping in a separate room from your dh because of his snoring, it sounds like having your mom sleep in your room would be the least disruptive option.