Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Teething Necklaces?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658509)

vintagegyrl 01-30-2009 08:40 AM

Teething Necklaces??

hi
Can someone give me the scoop on teething necklaces?
They look so pretty. what are they and why do u use them? Do babies use them for teething and how long should they be? I think DD would look so cute with one. :giggle:

CHoney 01-31-2009 04:23 PM

Re: Teething Necklaces??

I got one from Inspired by Finn online. The oils from the amber are supposed to ease teething pain when they wear it. My DS likes to wear his, and it does seem to make him less fussy. I ordered a small which is 12".

I got a dark cherry one because I liked the colour. But I later read that the lighter colours work better.

HTH

prd2CD 01-31-2009 04:36 PM

i was thinking about this today as well. my dd is getting molars and likes to chew. but i'm afraid they're a choking hazard/swallowing hazard...what if it breaks or she gets it off somehow? am i the only one with that fear?

Mom2BabiesA&I 01-31-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prd2CD (Post 6174385)
i was thinking about this today as well. my dd is getting molars and likes to chew. but i'm afraid they're a choking hazard/swallowing hazard...what if it breaks or she gets it off somehow? am i the only one with that fear?

As far as breaking the ones from inspired by finn are double knotted so if it does break it is only one bead that is loose. I only have DD wear hers when I am there and she is awake, I was surprised to see even DH managed to remember to take it off before putting her to nap earlier.

dragondance 01-31-2009 06:06 PM

Ours are pretty short, almost like a choker, so it's hard to chew on and hard to snag or twist. It releaes (I think) succinic acid when it's warm against the skin that works as an analgesic/anti-inflammatory. I call it hippie Tylenol. I wear one too, as it helps my migraines (takes the edge off so I don't have to medicate as much) but the more you wear it, the better it works. I sleep in mine. If they were long necklaces I wouldn't feel comfortable with the girls sleeping in them, but they are very short and almost impossible to snag/twist. Some of the stuff the Inspired By Finn mom writes about the amber her son uses says he wears it all night (24/7 actually).

Maple_Sugar_Designs 01-31-2009 06:11 PM

DS wears his all of the time. I got his from Inspired by Finn also. I find that it has helped a lot with his teething.

I just bought one for myself to see if it might help a little with my upper back pain.

herent 01-31-2009 06:29 PM

My DS has one too. Ours is really short also. He wouldn't be able to get it to his mouth. We have the dark cherry color in the chip style as well and it's really beautiful I got it off ebay for $12.00 total it came from Lithiuania. The week before DS got his first tooth he had a bad rash on his face, I couldn't figure out what it was from, well I checked his mouth and his first tooth was popping through the skin, I put his necklace on for the first time and three hours later the rash was gone (no kidding). Everyone was also telling me that I shouldn't have him sleep in it, which I was, so I took it off and by the time morning came the rash was back!!! Put it on again and rash is gone and he always wears it. Everyone always asks about it too, they think it looks like a surfer necklace, and that he looks way cool in it. Three of DS cousins all have one now to :mrgreen: we all love our necklaces.

prd2CD 01-31-2009 06:42 PM

where do you find them?:goodvibes:

smashncakes 01-31-2009 10:38 PM

Check out Inspired By Finn its a store on hyenacart that sells them. They come with great reviews from this store, tons of mommas on here have them for their little ones...I just ordered one for each of my kiddos yesterday.

mommyfrog 02-01-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herent (Post 6175286)
My DS has one too. Ours is really short also. He wouldn't be able to get it to his mouth. We have the dark cherry color in the chip style as well and it's really beautiful I got it off ebay for $12.00 total it came from Lithiuania. The week before DS got his first tooth he had a bad rash on his face, I couldn't figure out what it was from, well I checked his mouth and his first tooth was popping through the skin, I put his necklace on for the first time and three hours later the rash was gone (no kidding). Everyone was also telling me that I shouldn't have him sleep in it, which I was, so I took it off and by the time morning came the rash was back!!! Put it on again and rash is gone and he always wears it. Everyone always asks about it too, they think it looks like a surfer necklace, and that he looks way cool in it. Three of DS cousins all have one now to :mrgreen: we all love our necklaces.

I saw those, but was worried about buying one from another country. Did the whole transaction go well and was shipping pretty fast?