Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   need an easy recipe.....UPDATE POST 1 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658675)

shortcake2386 01-30-2009 11:30 AM

need an easy recipe.....UPDATE POST 1

we dont at red meat. dh can grab chicken on the way home and we have ground turkey. we also have potatoes, carrots, celery, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, noodles, rice, cream of everything soups, onion soup mix, ranch dressing mix.......maybe a casserole??? i just need something that doesnt have a ton of steps bc i fractured my foot and ankle monday and cant walk yet. but we really cant order in again(mainly bc its never really good, kwim?) so someone help me be creative....we also have frozen veggies and canned veggies. 5 hours til dinner time so soup is possible also.....any ideas??? thanks

UPDATE:
ok i got the big poy and threw in a few cans of chicken broth, some celery, onion, garlic, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, a can of rotel:giggle: and i peeled and diced some potatoes...oh and some frozen lima beans(dd likes them). i also browned the turkey and threw that in....it smells great:lostit: should i add rice or noodles?

diapermommy 01-30-2009 12:12 PM

Re: need an easy recipe.....

do a quick vege soup.

you got any tomato sauce??

just through in what vegges you want with the either of the meat with the tomato sauce and there ya go. add some salt and pepper, half a stick of butter. put in the noodles or if you have a can of diced potatos.

HLCreations 01-30-2009 12:19 PM

I would do a meatloaf with the ground turkey and have mashed tators on the side. Very simple with what you listed! :)

cblurose 01-30-2009 12:32 PM

ooh yeah turkey meatloaf...good idea. yum.

shortcake2386 01-30-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diapermommy (Post 6162599)
do a quick vege soup.

you got any tomato sauce??

just through in what vegges you want with the either of the meat with the tomato sauce and there ya go. add some salt and pepper, half a stick of butter. put in the noodles or if you have a can of diced potatos.

with water or chicken broth?

shortcake2386 01-30-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HLCreations (Post 6162696)
I would do a meatloaf with the ground turkey and have mashed tators on the side. Very simple with what you listed! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cblurose (Post 6162852)
ooh yeah turkey meatloaf...good idea. yum.

do you have a good recipe for turkey loaf? ive never made meat loaf:giggle:

MommyToNoah 01-30-2009 12:37 PM

For turkey meatloaf, I just dump in an egg, some breadcrumbs, seasonings to preference and some Heinz 57 sauce. Cook about 30 min at 350. I've made it without the Heinz too, still yummy.

Or, you could brown your chicken, toss in a 9x13 with cream of mushroom or chicken soup. Crumble some crackers and cheese on top and bake until hot. Super easy and yummy. You can also make it without browning chicken first, it will just have to bake longer.

shortcake2386 01-30-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyToNoah (Post 6162907)
For turkey meatloaf, I just dump in an egg, some breadcrumbs, seasonings to preference and some Heinz 57 sauce. Cook about 30 min at 350. I've made it without the Heinz too, still yummy.

Or, you could brown your chicken, toss in a 9x13 with cream of mushroom or chicken soup. Crumble some crackers and cheese on top and bake until hot. Super easy and yummy. You can also make it without browning chicken first, it will just have to bake longer.

thanks

shortcake2386 01-30-2009 01:47 PM

Re: need an easy recipe.....UPDATE POST 1

update post 1