Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sick of being the Favorite! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=659201)

ACSNMama 01-30-2009 09:23 PM

Sick of being the Favorite!
 
Lately I've been just plain sick of whipping the boob out every 3 hours. Lately I've been just plain sick of my 2.5 month old and my 2.5 year old wanting ONLY ME! :banghead:

I love my children with ALL of my heart, ALL of it! But good grief can I please just have a moment? I will not stop breastfeeding, and thankfully she takes a bottle. But the other day I got a bottle out for her, she wasn't hungry so I waited, DH decided to get something to eat and bam she was hungry, so who ended up feeding her? ME, just from the bottle. I have been a little bit down lately but I think it is due to lack of sleep, when I get more sleep I feel ok...

But I stay up late to have time to myself...anyone else do this? :headscratch:

abraswell 01-30-2009 09:26 PM

Re: Sick of being the Favorite!
 
I try to stay late to have a little time but DS will not go to bed without being attached. By the time he falls asleep, I am too tired to attempt to get up to have my time. The first couple of months always seem the hardest though. Lack of sleep, lack of normal sleep.....I get alittle coo coo.

3rdontheway 01-30-2009 09:29 PM

Re: Sick of being the Favorite!
 
:hugs: mama. I know just how you feel. My lo was EBF, no bottles due to excess lipase in my breast milk. She only recently started using a sippy and was a little late on the solids. She is all about the mama and it was soo hard until she started on solids and I could get out of the house for an hour or so. AHHH HEAVEN!!
And a yes to staying up late. Its when I get the good snacks down off the high shelf in the pantry :giggle:

abraswell 01-30-2009 09:30 PM

Re: Sick of being the Favorite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdontheway (Post 6168532)
:hugs: mama. I know just how you feel. My lo was EBF, no bottles due to excess lipase in my breast milk. She only recently started using a sippy and was a little late on the solids. She is all about the mama and it was soo hard until she started on solids and I could get out of the house for an hour or so. AHHH HEAVEN!!
And a yes to staying up late. Its when I get the good snacks down off the high shelf in the pantry :giggle:

Ha! My addiction right now is quiet time with a box of girl scout cookies :yummy:

jpicasso 01-30-2009 09:57 PM

Re: Sick of being the Favorite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by abraswell (Post 6168545)
Ha! My addiction right now is quiet time with a box of girl scout cookies :yummy:

Mmmm, tasty!

Sorry you are having a rough time mama. No advice, just :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: My almost 7 month old DS is the same way.

momof4girls 01-30-2009 09:58 PM

Re: Sick of being the Favorite!
 
My dd, 3.5 mos old, wont take a bottle..so dh cant help out even if he would.

I stay up late for me time!! I mean late late...like sometimes havent even been to bed before I have to get the older kids on the bus at 7 am. Its catching up to me......

But I understand. My kids only ask me for anything. I get annoyed too...usually because if I say something about them being able to ask their dad, he tells them "In a minute". They know that minute might easily be a few hrs (you cant get him off his internet game he plays). Im getting up every 5 minutes to get something for someone...during movies, during dinner..sigh...
I totally understand.

Lizp86 01-30-2009 10:03 PM

Re: Sick of being the Favorite!
 
I understand. I have a 3 yr old and a 10 month old. 10 month old will not take a bottle and everytime my 3 yr old needs something I have to do it. My husband's in a minute can be hours. I understand completely.
Liz

eco-baby 01-30-2009 10:17 PM

Re: Sick of being the Favorite!
 
Ha I have so stayed up late just for that moments peace, or taken that eeeexxxxtttrrraaaa long bathroom break...I so feel you mama :hugs:

bean3 01-30-2009 10:32 PM

Re: Sick of being the Favorite!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.Beard08 (Post 6168469)
Lately I've been just plain sick of whipping the boob out every 3 hours. Lately I've been just plain sick of my 2.5 month old and my 2.5 year old wanting ONLY ME! :banghead:

I love my children with ALL of my heart, ALL of it! But good grief can I please just have a moment? I will not stop breastfeeding, and thankfully she takes a bottle. But the other day I got a bottle out for her, she wasn't hungry so I waited, DH decided to get something to eat and bam she was hungry, so who ended up feeding her? ME, just from the bottle. I have been a little bit down lately but I think it is due to lack of sleep, when I get more sleep I feel ok...

But I stay up late to have time to myself...anyone else do this? :headscratch:

This is why I'm up right now!

My baby is 18 months now and has NEVER taken a bottle, so I'm ALWAYS "on-call" for him. Just this month he has been staying asleep when I nurse him at naptime, and he will sleep for 30-60 minutes. You have no idea how much this has changed my life!

I agree...I wasn't going to stop nursing, but it is so nice for him to be at an age where he can communicate his needs and have the rest of the family know that he doesn't in fact want my boob. Sometimes he wants a bite to eat, his trains, or to look in the garage and see the big truck. Before communication, every time he cried they would bring him to me.

Yes, it gets better....eventually.

supergirljennie 01-30-2009 10:43 PM

Re: Sick of being the Favorite!
 
I'm sorry you're having a hard time. I'm in a similar place myself. I have college coursework to do, and the only time I can do it is after the kids are in bed, from midnight to 3am.

I finished a little early tonight. :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors