Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone Else Have This "Problem"? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=661)

OneFabMama 04-23-2006 10:47 AM

Anyone Else Have This "Problem"?

DH, myself and the baby went to IHOP this AM for breakfast. Riley was in a HOT PINK shirt, jeans, and hot pink shoes with flowers on them - and I swear THREE people called her a "he" or "look at how cute HE is" or "Look at him"
I was STEAMING MAD! SHES IN PIIIIIIIIIINK! :mad:
I get that A LOT!!!! Like every day when we're out. And, when I say "SHE" people look at me weird - like Im lying or something. She doesnt have much hair, and her face I suppose could look boyish if she was dressed in BLUE. But C'mon it's pain steakling obvious she is a girl when she is dressed. :confused:
Just had to vent!

Bare Bottom Gear 04-23-2006 10:50 AM

Re: Anyone Else Have This "Problem"?

I TOTALLY had the same prob with my dd. I would have her in a pink outfit and all I would hear was "HE IS SO CUTE".

She did look exactly like her dad. You cannot tell their baby pics apart! Like TWINS! And, no hair....

But, yes, C'MON! PINK????? DUH!!!!! LOOK for the clues people!

I feel you mama!

jedibunni 04-23-2006 10:50 AM

I am so with you on that!!!! My youngest has short hair too and she wears pink all the time! She'll be in her stroller with her pink blanky, pink DRESS and I will still get, "He is a cutie!". I think people just don't pay attention to anything!

:D

lovemyboys 04-23-2006 11:08 AM

We got that all the time with our oldest ds. It didn't matter what he was wearing! That stopped around the time he was 2 or so, but a few people have called him a "she" in the past few weeks. :confused:

lovemygirls 04-23-2006 12:31 PM

People have called Morgan and Madalyn both boys from time to time and they've been wearing pink and HAVE THEIR EARS PIERCED!! It just makes me so :mad: what more can I do to make them look more girly!! lol!

chunkymonkey'smomma 04-23-2006 12:36 PM

My son has been called a girl so many times it isn't funny...it doesn't matter what he's in, people just think he looks girly :confused:

danibu98 04-23-2006 12:46 PM

yes, since my twins are fraternal people always think one of them is a girl. And it changes, (ie they each take turns being the girl) and it doesnt matter what color I have them in!

Danielle

hfitz5051 04-23-2006 03:14 PM

Yes! Yes! Yes! Every single one of my baby girls(3 of them) have been called boys. I am just used to it now lol. Even in pink DRESSES.

4boys4me 04-23-2006 04:05 PM

I defentaly had that problem with my 2nd ds.. everyone called him a her and he ALWAYS got called pretty.. I even had a blanket that we put on his carrier that said "It's a boy" gee, how obvious could ya get,lol.. oh well, they do grow up and soon it will be noticible,lol

Proverbs169 04-23-2006 04:10 PM

I feel your pain! All three of my very feminine girls have been mistaken for boys more than once. Drives me nuts! My oldest was even wearing a dress with flowers on it when a man commented on how very handsome our son was. Grrr.