Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Stroller suggestions please! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662542)

HeidiMarie 02-04-2009 05:53 AM

Stroller suggestions please!

Hi mamas! I'm having twins in late June and have been looking into a double stroller. I'm thinking at this point that I would like side by side since I have a sit and stand and feel like it is a mile long. From my reasearch, there are not too many that newborns can use. I've also looked into the Double Snap N Go but have read reviews about it being huge and hard to steer. Money is a consideration for us for sure. I can't believe how much some of them cost! Of course, they look wonderful but are way out of our price range. Just thought I'd check in here to see what wise advice I'd receive from you ladies. :thumbsup: Thanks and have a great day!

wendyroo2001 02-04-2009 06:14 AM

Re: Stroller suggestions please!

I've heard good things about the peg perego one, but of course those are expensive. Combi has a really cute one, although I do know that it doesn't hold infant seats. I don't know how far it reclines though, it might work. I would get one if I had the money cause they fold up REALLY small.

Rollins4 02-04-2009 07:34 AM

We had a double Snap and Go and loved it!! It was the best present we received!

We bought a Peg Perego Aria, it is an good stroller for the most part. The only thing that has driven me nutso is the front wheels you can either lock or unlock, when they are locked of course they will not pivot or turn, which makes it impossible to do anything but push it in a straight line, but if they are unlocked (this was supposed to be for manueverablilty) trying to turn tight corners or get the wheels aligned to fit through doorways is a pain in the bum. It usually takes a couple of times to get the wheels aligned to smoothly pass through the doorway without running one of the front wheels into the door jam. Now our Aria is a little over 2 yrs old, so the newer models might not have issues.

HTH. :goodvibes:

HeidiMarie 02-04-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rollins4 (Post 6208302)
We had a double Snap and Go and loved it!! It was the best present we received!

We bought a Peg Perego Aria, it is an good stroller for the most part. The only thing that has driven me nutso is the front wheels you can either lock or unlock, when they are locked of course they will not pivot or turn, which makes it impossible to do anything but push it in a straight line, but if they are unlocked (this was supposed to be for manueverablilty) trying to turn tight corners or get the wheels aligned to fit through doorways is a pain in the bum. It usually takes a couple of times to get the wheels aligned to smoothly pass through the doorway without running one of the front wheels into the door jam. Now our Aria is a little over 2 yrs old, so the newer models might not have issues.

HTH. :goodvibes:

Thanks for the reply..did you feel like you were driving a bus with the Double Snap N Go? I know I really hate our sit n stand. It's so hard to push, turn and feels really long! I really like the idea of being able to transfer them to a stoller in their seats. I have also found some used ones on Craigslist for decent prices. I'll have to re-evaluate...

Rollins4 02-04-2009 02:06 PM

Snap and Go was long, but really it was so worth it. It was very easy to "drive". Especially since I took the 4 kiddos out alot alone, when they were very small it took a quick second to get the babies from car to stroller easily and safely. Good Luck Mama!!

KaylasMomJenn 02-05-2009 10:54 AM

We tried both the Duo Glide and now we have a Twin Aria and I LOVE the side-by-side. Honestly, we didn't take the twins out much when they were newborns, so we didn't have much need for a stroller that accepted car seats (although I know the new Twin Arias have a universal strap you can buy for car seats)

Good luck! I am now looking into my 3rd double stroller, a double jogging stroller!

autumnlily 02-05-2009 11:07 AM

Yes the snap n go is long - BUT so AWESOME! My girls are 10 months old and we still use it - I love how light it is (not loaded with car seats) and can set it up and take it down one-handed. I'm dreading the day I have to unbuckle the twins from the car seats and load them into a stroller (and handle my 3 year old) for our quick trips. For a fun adventure out, we do use our Phil & Ted (with 2nd seat attachmet) and LOVE it - $$$ though.

The snap n go's are easy to come by on craigslist or your local MOMs group for around $50 and the resale is the same. BUT, get the model# and call the 800 number to verify your year/brand of carseat is compatible.

Congrats on the twins!

kristinc 02-05-2009 11:13 AM

I scored a double snap & go off of craigslist. We are planning on having 2 of them until the babies are out of their nb carseats and then go for the big quad stroller. I have been pushing it around my house a little just to test it out (first time mom-to-be here so getting my bearings still) and while it seems long it manuevers pretty well in my opinion. The woman i got mine from still had the extra set of bars that you can use to attach different brands of carseats if it isn't the one that the first owners bought for the snap & go. And those double snap & gos are $100 just for the stroller brand new from BRU, so i say def check out CL:thumbsup:

autumnlily 02-05-2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kristinc (Post 6222442)
I scored a double snap & go off of craigslist. We are planning on having 2 of them until the babies are out of their nb carseats and then go for the big quad stroller. I have been pushing it around my house a little just to test it out (first time mom-to-be here so getting my bearings still) and while it seems long it manuevers pretty well in my opinion. The woman i got mine from still had the extra set of bars that you can use to attach different brands of carseats if it isn't the one that the first owners bought for the snap & go. And those double snap & gos are $100 just for the stroller brand new from BRU, so i say def check out CL:thumbsup:

Yes, they fit many brands - but there is still a discrepancy in year of carseats to year of snap n go compatibility. It's so worth the call to the 1-800 # with the Model number off your snap n go... we had the Britax Companion carseats at the hospital and our snap n go BUT the model of snap n go was made 2 months prior to the model that accepted the Companions (even with the different bar adjustments) - it was a frustrating experience at the hospital (and I had to resale my snap n go and purchase the newest version)! Granted, we had originally brought our Graco Snugrides that were set for the snap n go.. but our twins were too short and the hospital wouldn't approve our use of them - hence, why we (had a friend) bought the Companions while still in the hospital.

That's another suggestion - make sure to get infant carseats that have at least THREE shoulder level adjustments... twins (and quads:giggle2: ) can come tiny and it's not always the weight that decides the safest seat (my twins were 5.15 and 6.11 - it wasn't their weight that caused the carseat issue).

I second, third and fourth checking Craigslist for snap n go's! :)

HeidiMarie 02-06-2009 06:10 AM

Thanks, ladies, for all the advice! I'm not sure how much we'll be out and about when they are little but we do have older girls who are involved in swim team, soccer, etc. and it will still be nice outside. I think I'll go with the Snap n Go until they are out of their infant seats and then go from there. Thanks for the advice about calling and confirming our seats will work. I hadn't thought of that or about the strap levels on my seats....another thing to investigate! : )