Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Will she be walking by Christmas ?? :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66394)

betty_joanne 11-25-2006 10:13 PM

Will she be walking by Christmas ?? :)

So dd keeps standing up and letting go and just standing there on her own for like 15 seconds plus. She has been letting go for about 3 weeks but suddenly she does it over and over again all day long as of yesterday. She is using something to stand(me,couch, computer tower, wall, etc) but then just lets go and starts clapping or waving a toy. Will we have a walker before Christmas?? She will be 14 months tommarow.

Oh, forgot to add that i think she sort of took a pre-first step today. I was on the phone with dh and she was standing up by herself next to a walker and then i saw her left foot lift off the floor just a tiny tiny bit and then she leaned foward and grabbed the walker.

Luv2bemommy 11-25-2006 10:41 PM

Re: Will she be walking by Christmas ?? :)

Well since every child grows at his/her own rate, its hard to say if she would be walking by Christmas but since shes doing all that, I bet she will be!!! Sounds like she is on her way for sure! :thumbsup:

tessa1002 11-25-2006 10:54 PM

When DS started taking those tiny steps one at a time, every here and there, it was only a week or two before he started walking! I bet she'll be running by xmas!

urchin_grey 11-25-2006 10:58 PM

Sounds like it! Some babies stay at the "standing stage" for months before they even cruise but some (and I would think, especially when they are older) move from one stage to the next very quickly. My friend's DD went from standing to cruising to walking in a matter of a few weeks. :whoa:

tessa1002 11-25-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urchin_grey (Post 478373)
Sounds like it! Some babies stay at the "standing stage" for months before they even cruise but some (and I would think, especially when they are older) move from one stage to the next very quickly. My friend's DD went from standing to cruising to walking in a matter of a few weeks. :whoa:

I second the thing about the baby being older. DS started walking when he was 8.5 months, and 2 months later we had another baby over who had just started walking at 15 months, and he was running circles around DS! I think they probably just have a better sense of balance and what not as they get older.

betty_joanne 11-25-2006 11:39 PM

I hope she is walking by the time she sees grandma and grandpa on dh's side just before Christmas.
She has been cruising for like 3 months(furniture to furniture but always with a hand on something). We know she is able to take a step it is just hard to wait for her to figure it out. I keep holding my arms open for her(when i see her standing) hopeing she will step towards me but she sits down to come to me and i get all let down. It is fun to watch her stand without holding onto anything. She even will start to squatt(sp?) and then stand back up.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 11-25-2006 11:45 PM

wow, thats awesome! she might be walking before christmas! try this excersize with her, put a towel under her arm pits and help her take steps, the towel helpes them learn to balance and they LOVE this..lol
its actually a excersize used in early child intervention and worked great with my son and we havent started with danae yet but will be soon.:thumbsup:

betty_joanne 11-25-2006 11:58 PM

Neat idea. I think i will try that. Thanks.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 11-26-2006 12:01 AM

it gets them really excited, just roll the towel up and hold the ends really good and under the pits is goes across the body, i can hardly wait to start with danae, i just want to make sure her legs are strong enough:)

jjaelovesenglish 11-26-2006 12:02 AM

Maybe try to get her to walk between you and DH?
My 13 1/2 month old is no where near walking so couldn't tell you.