Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   a basic weekend... chat and share a recipe???? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665206)

mamazluv 02-07-2009 06:26 AM

a basic weekend... chat and share a recipe????

we are a basic bunch... we like pfs, wool, pins, fleece, snappis... ect. we believe in utilizing what we have.... being thrifty and green. (although sometimes not). many of us have a few pricey things in our stash, and of course some daddy dipes too. and even a sposie or two. the weekends are generally slow... so its a good time to join us.... come on in and introduce yourself.

so a few days ago someone mentioned sharing recipes..... maybe this wknd would be a good time... i will be right back with one or two.

WOTB: LWI premium, oldest and crappiest snappi:headscratch: and my favorite longie, only nighttime bc of the mac and cheese spot on the butt.:giggle2:

wknd agenda... taxes today... :yay: sew, church tomorrow.

RebeccaMomof3 02-07-2009 06:33 AM

Re: a basic weekend... chat and share a recipe????

hmm let me look for a recipie to share....is it a recipie free-for-all or is there a "theme"? :giggle: (IE Easy meals, cheap meals, etc)

wotb: gmd light brown undyed PF with mommyscott dyed doubler, snappied and wool shorties

cblurose 02-07-2009 06:39 AM

Lemon Blossoms

18 1/2-ounce package yellow cake mix
3 1/2-ounce package instant lemon pudding mix
4 large eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil

Glaze:

4 cups confectioners' sugar
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 lemon, zested
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons water

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray miniature muffin tins with vegetable oil cooking spray. Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs and oil and blend well with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour a small amount of batter, filling each muffin tin half way. Bake for 12 minutes. Turn out onto a tea towel
To make the glaze, sift the sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, zest, oil, and 3 tablespoons water. Mix with a spoon until smooth. With fingers, dip the cupcakes into the glaze while they're still warm, covering as much of the cake as possible, or spoon the glaze over the warm cupcakes, turning them to completely coat. Place on wire racks with waxed paper underneath to catch any drips. Let the glaze set thoroughly, about 1 hour, before storing in containers with tight-fitting lids.

wotb: prefold and batman MBM cover

mamazluv 02-07-2009 06:50 AM

two of my favorite cheap, simple and feeds a lot recipes....

hash brown casserole
frozen shreadded potatoes
cream of chicken soup
8oz sour cream
2c cheddar (i use colby jack)
stick of butter and a tbsp for topping
onion (regular or dried minced)
salt and pepper.
1cup cornflakes

melt stick of butter, add soup and sour cream. next the onion (sometimes i also add green pepper). mix well. add potatoes and cheese. (i ofter add some hamburger and peas) put in a baking dish.
mix together melted tbs butter and crushed corn flakes and sprinkle on top.
bake at 350 for about 1 hr or until set and brown.

VERY YUMMY. and the leftovers seem even yummier.

another casserole....

ham and cornbread casserole
jiffy cornbread mix
stick of butter
cream of corn
whole kernal corn drained
3 eggs
1c milk
1~2 c ham peices (i have used hamburger cuz im a cheap B. ^%ard)
cheese for topping
salt and pepper
onion (green pepper good in it too) (all for hiding greens):giggle2:

mix melted butter, eggs, milk and cream corn. next your cornbread mix. then after its a batter i add my meat and whole kernal corn. add salt and pepper to your preference.
bake at 350 till slightly toothpic comes out clean. then add cheese to the toP.

i usually double this and it just fits a big casserole dish. also one that is awsome as leftovers, the bread absorbs all the flavors....

my oldest dd loves manacotti i can post that if anyone is interested... not expensive, just stuffing the tubes can be a PITA. and i like my meat loaf a lot too. and i mexicanize lots of leftovers....

mamazluv 02-07-2009 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cblurose (Post 6241749)
Lemon Blossoms

wotb: prefold and batman MBM cover

welcome, where are you in ohio?

theme...:headscratch: i think just a fave... something you do often or is just especially good....

i have an awesome ny cheesecake, but it also is a PITA

carnalcindd 02-07-2009 06:54 AM

i like the idea of a theme. maybe something romantic since valentines day is in a week?

wotb:ds IDK< my mom has him in the kitchen and got him up this morning, so might still be night time combo
dd: infand pf dyed by me, hemp doubler, lightwrap ang interlock footies. her night time combo, but i change her at LEAsT once a night

nak

stephcrouse 02-07-2009 07:18 AM

Good morning mamas!
Happy weekend to everyone!

I forgot I had bought these silly pins on ebay for Bennett, before he was born and I realized I was scared of pins :giggle:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...use/001-13.jpg

I don't have a recipe to share, but here's Bennett in a blender...
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...use/006-15.jpg

cherylchoo 02-07-2009 07:26 AM

Morning mamas!

I am more of a "throw crap in a bowl" type cook so I don't have many written recipes, but I have an AWESOME pumpkin bread recipe that is really more like pumpkin cake. I will post it later today.

WOTB: pretty sure it's a sposie, since DH changed #3. DH has given up that I will ever make his daddy diapers, and he doesn't even use the five pockets we have any more unless they are laying by our bed when he has to change DS at night. He's very good about putting cloth on #2 at night, tho. He just doesn't trust it during the day on her.

cherylchoo 02-07-2009 07:26 AM

Baby in a blender! Love it!

mamazluv 02-07-2009 07:40 AM

ok if we do a romantic theme, i will dig out the cheese cake recipe later. it hands down beats the instant or unbaked stuff. making my mouth water just thinking about it........

steph, those pins are great. and baby butt soup.... nice recipe, just add baby:giggle2: