Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   I stalk wool with a little help from my friends...(sunday) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665910)

cadensmama 02-08-2009 06:02 AM

I stalk wool with a little help from my friends...(sunday)

I know it is early but I can't remember what time the threads were suppose to start. I vaugely remembe 8 being the time :headscratch:

so, if its too early, ignore me :blush: but i really wanted to make this title!

ladybenz 02-08-2009 06:20 AM

Re: I stalk wool with a little help from my friends...(sunday)

:D Great title!

Well, I finished the hubby's hat yesterday and gave it to him when he came home from work...and it looked really funny on him. :cry: it looks great on me though, so I guess I have a new hat. He has a crew cut and his ears stick out a bit, so I think I need something that is firmer and holds his ears down. I'll be cruising ravelry for ideas later. :)

Scrappies question--I'm collecting quite the pile of miniature yarn balls with all these FOs flying off the needles in the past couple of weeks. Soooo, I'm wondering how many colors you all typically use for scrappies? And someone had posted something about a dice-rolling method? Can you tell me more about that? :)

cadensmama 02-08-2009 06:27 AM

i don't know about number of scraps. i think it all depends.

for the dice rolling method. you assign each number a colorway.

you roll once to figure out which colorway to use and a second time to determine how many rows of that colorway to knit.

i'm guessing if you have more then 6 colorways you will need to use two die (or is it di?)

cadensmama 02-08-2009 06:29 AM

OH! and i finished my guppy creek clapotis last night :lostit: but am now conisidering froggin back because it is a bit shorter then anticipated. but i don't know how i would pick up those dropped rows.

pics to come today

and i'm thinking of COing my Woodland Tale capris today...maybe

ladybenz 02-08-2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadensmama (Post 6250224)
OH! and i finished my guppy creek clapotis last night :lostit: but am now conisidering froggin back because it is a bit shorter then anticipated. but i don't know how i would pick up those dropped rows.

pics to come today

Can you insert a lifeline and then frog back to that? That's what my friend who is kind of like my knitting mentor told me to do when I was knitting the bridal veil and messed up and needed to frog back. (I ended up frogging the whole thing and starting over through)

mmm woodland tale...

plath 02-08-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cadensmama (Post 6250224)

pics to come today

No help on picking up the dropped stitches, but can't wait to see pics. My clapotis I made a few years ago turned out a bit smaller than I'd hoped as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybenz (Post 6250196)
:D Great title!

Well, I finished the hubby's hat yesterday and gave it to him when he came home from work...and it looked really funny on him. :cry: it looks great on me though, so I guess I have a new hat. He has a crew cut and his ears stick out a bit, so I think I need something that is firmer and holds his ears down. I'll be cruising ravelry for ideas later. :)

Scrappies question--I'm collecting quite the pile of miniature yarn balls with all these FOs flying off the needles in the past couple of weeks. Soooo, I'm wondering how many colors you all typically use for scrappies? And someone had posted something about a dice-rolling method? Can you tell me more about that? :)

I usually use 5 or 6 colors, but it depends on how wide you want the stripes :goodvibes:

Dd slept *wonderfully* last night. I really think the humidifier helped a lot. I managed to knit next to her in bed for a good 1 1/2 hours.
Here's pics of the skirty:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3379/...0796f12cc1.jpg

I'm almost done with the soaker part.
and here's a pic of the small flamingo longies I finished the other day:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3376/...3fde0e7b59.jpg

c1sarena 02-08-2009 07:17 AM

I love the browns!! hey do you kit the whole skirtie and then go back and pick up the stitches for the soaker?/ I am now working my forst ever skirtie--I am doing the eyelet variation of the Sheepy Skirt in a denim. I have about 4 inches now form this morning:-)

amyruth 02-08-2009 07:18 AM

good morning everyone! I'm feeling MUCH better today. And so is DH! :yay:

I started my Ponderosa last night and am in love with it again. I wasn't sure when it arrived if I was just going to FSOT it but have started a pair of NB longies and so far love how it is knitting up. i'll post pics when I get a bit more progress. :)

I also should get a pair of large longies cast on in Woodland Tale for a friend. I have the yarn that looks like chenille. Seriously soft! I forgot what the base is called though.

And I"m putting Elliot aside for now. i just can't get into it anymore. :( I think all of the pooling I've battled has finally gotten to me. I know once I finish the gusset and start the legs they should go fine but I'm still annoyed at them. :giggle2:

plath 02-08-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1sarena (Post 6250416)
I love the browns!! hey do you kit the whole skirtie and then go back and pick up the stitches for the soaker?/ I am now working my forst ever skirtie--I am doing the eyelet variation of the Sheepy Skirt in a denim. I have about 4 inches now form this morning:-)

Thanks :) Nope, it's knit the opposite. I'm knitting the soaker part and then go back and pick up stitches to do the ruffled skirty :) It's the Juliette pattern: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/juliette-2

devholan 02-08-2009 07:57 AM

Good morning. I'm glad you and your DH are feeling better Amy.
Wish you had taken a pic of Mark, Aimee! :giggle2: How about a picture of your new hat?
And yum, WT.