Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searching! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666585)

c1sarena 02-09-2009 05:19 AM

When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searching!
 
I have been thinking Peter Pan all week!! I am so jetlagged than a 4 am wakeup is becoming normal for me and I can't stand it especially as it is Monday and I have to work and so much planned for today.

Atleast i am almost finished the project I started yesterday from a 5 year old stash yarn. I am not sure I like the way the soaker is far longer than the skirtie though but that remains to be seen when my lo tries it on. I just have one more leg cuff to go and oh, I especially made a short I-cord since the item is so busy already!

What do you all think? And please be honest, I can take it. It needs blocking too!http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/...7cba7556_m.jpg

jelybean333 02-09-2009 05:30 AM

Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin
 
wow you are up early hehehe, But I guess that would be the pot calling the kettle black.

c1sarena 02-09-2009 05:35 AM

Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin
 
Hey does anyone know who dies cottons to match wools?? This looks so nice and easy to do and I would love to make it to match the pink in my lo's choc covered strawberries !

bodiejake 02-09-2009 06:00 AM

Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin
 
morning guys!! not sure about yarn dyers for cotton, but you can try these:

http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/store-pc.htm The yarn is pretty cheap and has some great colors. Michael's, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby.......places like that usually have it and have TONS of the colors. I made a hat with it a few years ago and it was really easy to work with.

I have woodland tale all finished up except for the cuffs. I am waiting to hear back about what cuff style she wants before I get them finished. In the mean time, while waiting, I cast on another hat. :)

c1sarena 02-09-2009 06:03 AM

Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bodiejake (Post 6257790)
morning guys!! not sure about yarn dyers for cotton, but you can try these:

http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/store-pc.htm The yarn is pretty cheap and has some great colors. Michael's, AC Moore, Hobby Lobby.......places like that usually have it and have TONS of the colors. I made a hat with it a few years ago and it was really easy to work with.

I have woodland tale all finished up except for the cuffs. I am waiting to hear back about what cuff style she wants before I get them finished. In the mean time, while waiting, I cast on another hat. :)

Thanks!! Those are some super sweet colors! ANd finishing (or almost finishing) a project is truly joyful :roflmbo:

ladybenz 02-09-2009 06:39 AM

Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin
 
:wave2:

My computer kicked the bucket yesterday, so I'm borrowing the hubby's computer to say good morning! I'll not be around much until I can get to radio shack to get the stuff I need to fix my computer. In the mean time, I have a lot of sewing to do, so there won't be many FOs in the house this week. However, I am nearly done with my very first sock, and I'm so excited. Even though I don't wear socks, I suddenly feel the urge to knit more of them. :roflmbo: we'll see.

Well, the twins are awake, so I had best get going. I'll catch up with you all once I fix my computer!

c1sarena 02-09-2009 06:42 AM

Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ladybenz (Post 6257885)
:wave2:

My computer kicked the bucket yesterday, so I'm borrowing the hubby's computer to say good morning! I'll not be around much until I can get to radio shack to get the stuff I need to fix my computer. In the mean time, I have a lot of sewing to do, so there won't be many FOs in the house this week. However, I am nearly done with my very first sock, and I'm so excited. Even though I don't wear socks, I suddenly feel the urge to knit more of them. :roflmbo: we'll see.

Well, the twins are awake, so I had best get going. I'll catch up with you all once I fix my computer!

Have a great day and hope that comp gets fixed!

newphillymomma 02-09-2009 06:50 AM

Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin
 
Hi Sarena,
The length you need is 8". :)

Good morning ladies.

c1sarena 02-09-2009 06:58 AM

Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by newphillymomma (Post 6257942)
Hi Sarena,
The length you need is 8". :)

Good morning ladies.

Thanks, thats what I did but my soaker came out far to long/large. :mad:I am really upset since I followed directions to the T!! :confused: :confused:

newphillymomma 02-09-2009 07:00 AM

Re: When there's a smile in your heart There's no better time to start..wool searchin
 
:( That is odd. Perhaps it will fit differently. (hugs)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors