Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   B2B - Back to Basics Monday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=666644)

RebeccaMomof3 02-09-2009 06:55 AM

B2B - Back to Basics Monday

Good morning mamas! For those of you who are new, we are basic chicks who love our basic stashes. We use lots of prefolds/flats/wool and anything that we make ourselves. We have a wide range of stashes, from ultra simplified to ultra sophisticated and everything in between, so jump in! If you have the prefold love or love your only prefold, we welcome you :)

What's on the agenda for today for everyone?

WOTB (what's on the bum?

melissamomof3girls 02-09-2009 07:08 AM

Re: B2B - Back to Basics Monday

Morning. I ended up missing most of the weekend thread.

WOTA: Dishes, Laundry, Baisc Picking-up the house, School.

WOTB: LL Fitted w/ thirsties cover.

I can barely wait for my LL premiums to get here. They are "scheduled" to arrive Wednesday. I think I'm gonna love them. Then I can sell the gmd dk browns I have. They're just a strange fit for us.

QOTD? Anybody have any valentine's plans? What do you do for your children?

AOTD: My mom used to always make valentine's day special for me but my hubby doesn't get into it and I haven't really either with my girls. I feel bad about it but I can't afford to buy them stuff for it. Any ideas what I could make?

We are going to a Hawaiin valentine's dinner at our church Friday night. We are so blessed to have this older guy who used to play steel guitar with a bunch of the country greats and he's now goes to our little ole church and is going to do a concert for us at our party.

negrapy 02-09-2009 07:12 AM

wotb: sandy coverless

I'm so sad - got ds2 convinced to sit on the potty now - of course he looks at books, drinks juice and plays with his car - all the same - he sat for 45 mins this morning and didnt do anything - even though he typically poos in the first 10 mins of the morning - anyhow I take him off the potty - put a diaper on and he pees as soon as he gets out of the bathroom :banghead: I think we should have tried doing this before his control was so good - btw he was demanding to get off the potty - I think he couldnt hold it hardly any longer

qotd:
plan meals for the week
groceries (and make the list)
check out goodwill for some maternity clothes
finish weekend laundry
play outside! Its supposed to be nice again today

its not a lot but the first 3 will take most all the morning, then lunch and nap - then that leaves the afternoon open for enjoying the amiable weather :yay:

from yesterday:
I can completely understand about the red tape and adoptions for kids who need them. My dh and I wanted to adopt from his country - the system has no money and most money in gets pocketed not in pockets to care for them, kids dont have anyone to adopt them, the country has little to no opportunities for them ever in life, language obviously not an issue either here - it could be done however (probably) in our case - it would take about 5 years of living there ...... that though would be a big struggle just because unemployment is 40%

Quote:

Originally Posted by maman08 (Post 6257644)

DH and I were talking again last night about wanting to adopt an Afghan child. There's really nothing we can do, thanks to a bad combo of Afghan and U.S. law I can't see how it would work, but it breaks my heart. So many orphans there, and the institutions are death traps, literally. We speak the language, and we're both in love with Afghan history and culture. We give money to a private orphanage there every year, but I refuse to give money to the government-run programs as they're horrifically corrupt. It kills me that there's nothing we can do to help.

ja*smom 02-09-2009 07:17 AM

Morning! I missed all of the weekend thread.

My GMD flats will be here today :lostit: They are supposed to be bigger than LL, so I can't wait.

WOTA: Dishes, going through clothes for AMVETS to pick up next Monday, basic picking up, bathrooms

WOTB: purple floral rec blanket flat with terry washcloth doubler, two purple pins, purple wonderwrap. I guess we have a theme going on today.

[QUOTE=melissamomof3girls;6258421]Morning. I ended up missing most of the weekend thread.

WOTA: Dishes, Laundry, Baisc Picking-up the house, School.

WOTB: LL Fitted w/ thirsties cover.

I can barely wait for my LL premiums to get here. They are "scheduled" to arrive Wednesday. I think I'm gonna love them. Then I can sell the gmd dk browns I have. They're just a strange fit for us.

[QUOTE]

GMD browns were always a strange fit for us too. too wide and not long enough to fold down, but too long not to kwim?

stephcrouse 02-09-2009 07:19 AM

Goodmorning!

WOTA: cleaning up around the house, laundry, diaper laundry, dog laundry, dog baths, Target to try out carseats.

WOTB: sposie

AOTD: I am feeling guilty about the girls getting the shaft since Bennett's arrival, so I got them each a v-day card, and I will get them some candy and a little webkinz or shining stars stuffed animal. I think they will be visiting their dad for the weekend, so he will get to deal with the sugar rush :giggle:

melissamomof3girls 02-09-2009 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ja*smom (Post 6258506)

GMD browns were always a strange fit for us too. too wide and not long enough to fold down, but too long not to kwim?

That's exactly my thoughts, but shhh, I need to sell them :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by negrapy (Post 6258465)
wotb: sandy coverless

I'm so sad - got ds2 convinced to sit on the potty now - of course he looks at books, drinks juice and plays with his car - all the same - he sat for 45 mins this morning and didnt do anything - even though he typically poos in the first 10 mins of the morning - anyhow I take him off the potty - put a diaper on and he pees as soon as he gets out of the bathroom :banghead: I think we should have tried doing this before his control was so good - btw he was demanding to get off the potty - I think he couldnt hold it hardly any longer

qotd:
plan meals for the week
groceries (and make the list)
check out goodwill for some maternity clothes
finish weekend laundry
play outside! Its supposed to be nice again today

its not a lot but the first 3 will take most all the morning, then lunch and nap - then that leaves the afternoon open for enjoying the amiable weather :yay:

from yesterday:
I can completely understand about the red tape and adoptions for kids who need them. My dh and I wanted to adopt from his country - the system has no money and most money in gets pocketed not in pockets to care for them, kids dont have anyone to adopt them, the country has little to no opportunities for them ever in life, language obviously not an issue either here - it could be done however (probably) in our case - it would take about 5 years of living there ...... that though would be a big struggle just because unemployment is 40%

So sorry about the pl'ing. I found with my middle daughter, that when I tried to push her into pl'ing at 2 1/2 she wasn't ready! But when I let go and backed off, she did it all on her own right before her 3rd birthday.

About the adoption, It's so sad how govt's work! I could just scream at all the idiocracies in leadership & rules. A couple at our church just adopted a little girl from Albania and she's been here since last summer. It took them over 4 years to get a child in their home. I could go on and on about how difficult their process was. So sad when well-deserving people have to go through so much to get a child.

RebeccaMomof3 02-09-2009 07:39 AM

well DS is home today because his temp was 100.2 and he was crying right at the time he was supposed to leave and said his neck hurt (throat I am assuming). He had a drink, some advil and is jumping around playing wii, so I think he is better lol

DD2 is sleeping right now...she was SO tired. I am SO tired....didn't have a good sleep last night :tired:

LG (little girl I babysit) is here and for the first time ina long time she didn't cry a tear when she was dropped off :yay: just walked right in. Her dad was impressed (I was relieved) lol. About 20 min ago she curled up on the couch with a book and said she was tired; she fell asleep about 7 min after that :headscratch: not sure what that will do to the daily schedule of nap after lunch :giggle:

I have a headache coming on :yuck: I just ate a banana (I get headaches when I don't eat) and am about to go take some pills so hopefully it goes away. :(

melissamomof3girls 02-09-2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 (Post 6258694)
well DS is home today because his temp was 100.2 and he was crying right at the time he was supposed to leave and said his neck hurt (throat I am assuming). He had a drink, some advil and is jumping around playing wii, so I think he is better lol

DD2 is sleeping right now...she was SO tired. I am SO tired....didn't have a good sleep last night :tired:

LG (little girl I babysit) is here and for the first time ina long time she didn't cry a tear when she was dropped off :yay: just walked right in. Her dad was impressed (I was relieved) lol. About 20 min ago she curled up on the couch with a book and said she was tired; she fell asleep about 7 min after that :headscratch: not sure what that will do to the daily schedule of nap after lunch :giggle:

I have a headache coming on :yuck: I just ate a banana (I get headaches when I don't eat) and am about to go take some pills so hopefully it goes away. :(

Wow, sleepy kids? Maybe everybody doesn't feel very good. Hope you have a good day! I'm the same way about not feeling good when I don't eat. I have to eat something immediately when I wake up, usually fruit.

mamazluv 02-09-2009 07:51 AM

i get headaches w no caffiene... ds was hard to PL. but it did eventually happen. we tried everything to keep him there. he just didnt want to stay, and wouldnt go... and theres a little boy at church that has had a very hard time. he is almost 4. he could go, but wouldnt. he didnt want to quit playing and just didnt care if he went in his pants/pull ups. :shrug:
when we finally got ds to start peeing, he still wouldnt poop. but he knew he was supposed to go, and once tried to clean it up.... he was covered.... picture a bloody massacre like on tv... only it was poop... :chuckle: it was on the walls, the floor, his hands and face.... :puke:
so the obvious solution... shower (which he hated) then he had a time out so i could clean the mess.... never again.... that was it... he hated the shower....

agenda.... grocery shopping :yuck: i hate doing it... then sewing and cleaning.

vday. kids probably nothing much. dh and i may go to the church banquet, but it depends on if we can get a sitter.

mamazluv 02-09-2009 07:58 AM

dd was screaming like she was dying.... she was snappied to the chair.... :roflmbo:

anyone want to help me do an internet search? pm if you do....