Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   BSRB Tuesday - YES its 4am.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667509)

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-10-2009 02:24 AM

BSRB Tuesday - YES its 4am..

Here on the East Coast that is...

I am sitting here in my living room, exhausted, but up with a possible gallbladder attack...used to get them after DS was born and then it stopped happening....apparently its back... *sigh*

I will sleep someday, right? Cause not sleeping is a great way to feel better from my cold :yuck:

At least I got my wake up to cooperate with the DD that woke up a few mins ago to eat...

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-10-2009 06:33 AM

Re: BSRB Tuesday - YES its 4am..

I am now trying to learn to like tea instead of coffee in the morning. Word has it tea drinkers T-cells work better than coffee drinkers T-cells...

treala05 02-10-2009 06:34 AM

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling so lousy, Shannon. Hope it gets better and maybe you can squeeze in a nap today!!

DD has been waking up early a lot this week, which means for a horribly crabby baby until her first nap. Well, this morning I just decided to put her down for a nap early (at 8:20) instead of fighting it until the usual time of 10. She's out like a light already, but we'll see what it does to our schedule for the day. I think I might go lay down and take a nap too :)

I'm hoping for some more mild weather today so we can go for a walk again. And this weekend I'll be driving home to MA to visit my parents for a week or two. It's an 8 hour drive with just me and DD, so I'm a little nervous, but it should be fine. We're stopping part way in NJ to visit a friend and her new baby for a few hours. I'm debating bringing cloth to use on the trip (my mom's a huge supporter), but I'm nervous about doing it without a sprayer. Does anyone else deal with solids and no sprayer? What do you do?

pennybelly 02-10-2009 06:45 AM

good morning ladies :)

i'm sorry to hear your not feeling well shannon. i was sick the past two days with aches and chills. what a lousy feeling. today i still have a soar throat but no aches. i have been keeping up with the advil/tylenol so hopefully it will keep the pain at bay.

alaina - i know a trip without cloth may be easier but if you mom is a big supporter it might be nice to bring them along and show her what its all about. i cleaned the diapers without a sprayer for a long time before i got one. it involves extra swooshing but i think you can handle it :giggle2:

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-10-2009 06:47 AM

Good luck with your schedule Alaina!

Some may find this gross but I dont use a sprayer...if there is something particularly sticky and I can't get it off I rinse it in the bathroom sink then wipe it down afterwards...I mean when you think about it dirty hands that are washed in there have the same thing that dirty diapers do....plus it makes me have to keep my sink clean...

pennybelly 02-10-2009 06:51 AM

eh i don't think its gross. your doing what a mommy needs to do to get the job done hehe.

Jordan 02-10-2009 06:52 AM

Morning mamas! It is supposed to be pretty here again today so I'm going to try to get all my housework and sewing done this morning so we can go out this afternoon. Anyone have any new crockpot chicken recipes that they haven't shared? I have chicken but don't know what to do with it.

Shannon & Jess- Sorry your sick! Feel better soon. :hugs:
Alaina- We've never had a sprayer and we just dunk and swoosh. Not a big deal for us! We usually take our cloth on vacation too without a problem.

pennybelly 02-10-2009 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan (Post 6269325)
Morning mamas! It is supposed to be pretty here again today so I'm going to try to get all my housework and sewing done this morning so we can go out this afternoon. Anyone have any new crockpot chicken recipes that they haven't shared? I have chicken but don't know what to do with it.

Shannon & Jess- Sorry your sick! Feel better soon. :hugs:
Alaina- We've never had a sprayer and we just dunk and swoosh. Not a big deal for us! We usually take our cloth on vacation too without a problem.

thanks for the hugs!!! i hope i feel better soon too :)

i loooove this recipe

smothered buttermilk chicken with peas over biscuits

- 1lb boneless skinless chix tenderloins cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 3 med carrots (i used 5)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (use the food processor so its nice and small - the onion makes this meal nice and sweet)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1, 12oz jar chix gravy
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 can pillsbury grand biscuits

in slow cooker, combine, chix, carrots, onion, water, butter, salt, pepper and bay leaf; mix well.

cover; cook on low setting 6 to 8hrs (i cooked it for 7)

about 20 min before serving, stir gravy mix and peas into chix mixture. remove bay leaf. mix well. increase heat setting to high; cover and cook an additional 10 to 15 min or until peas are cooked.

meanwhile, bake biscuits. serve chix mixture over biscuits (or in my case i made some nice homemade mashed potatoes and served the biscuits on the side)

ok so the recipe is for buttermilk chicken and i substituted making the buttermilk and used a can of chix gravy instead :giggle2:

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-10-2009 07:04 AM

That looks really tasty Jess! I think I might make it with buttermilk though, I am not a big gravy fan. Is it the same amount of buttermilk? Wouldn't it separate in the crockpot for that long?

madeinjanuary 02-10-2009 07:07 AM

oh shannon and jess I hope you both start to feel better soon. try to get some rest if that's possible.before the diaper sprayer I would dunk and swoosh and if something still wouldn't come off..id grab the showerhead and set it to that massage setting and spray that sucker. :x and jordan were suppose to have a nice day too so I'm gonna try to get ryder outside today so he can run around. and I won't be any help with the crockpot recipe..i still don't own one. where's jenn? she is the crockpot queen.