Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Baa Baa Black Sheep Have You any WOOL... Tuesday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=667551)

MollyJones 02-10-2009 07:39 AM

Baa Baa Black Sheep Have You any WOOL... Tuesday

Good morning mamas!!!

I don't know if it's too early, but I've been lurking for 35 minutes waiting for someone to start the thread.

I've been in bed sick for three days and DH went back to work today and I'm still feeling pretty out of it... so I needed to chat w/ my woolly friends. :giggle:

I started my mom's second sock and when I got to the gusset, I realized I'd done the first one wrong. So now I have to redo it!! BUMMER. But... I still have another month and a sock takes about a day. So... it's not too bad. I'd rather have them perfect anyway. The first one had some minor issues that I wasn't going to look back on... but now after this development, I have an excuse to fix them.

My Cestari order shipped yesterday. :bliss: So I will be back to work soon.

I thought I had something else to say but I guess it will have to wait... cannot think right now...

OH! I think i'm going to dye yarn today.

Is it okay to dye yarn while the kids are up?

Also... is this sock yarn? :headscratch:

http://www.elann.com/productdisp.asp...erBy=&Count=57

~Peach~ 02-10-2009 07:40 AM

Re: Baa Baa Black Sheep Have You any WOOL... Tuesday

You too? I was wracking my brains trying to come up with a title LOL.

MollyJones 02-10-2009 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Peach~ (Post 6269231)
You too? I was wracking my brains trying to come up with a title LOL.

Me too... I decided to go with the only song I knew that actually mentioned wool.... LAAAAME :roflmbo:

~Peach~ 02-10-2009 07:43 AM

I've dyed yarn while the kids were up. They just complained about the vinegar stink lol.
I think that yarn might be lace weight based on the project they gave as an example and the yardage.

~Peach~ 02-10-2009 07:45 AM

Not as lame as mine were. I love baa baa black sheep. Its my fave nursery rhyme next to the itsy bitsy spider.

c1sarena 02-10-2009 07:47 AM

Good morning!! I am currently knitting a little cotton V neck vest for my 16month old grandson.I am gonna call it basic geometry class. Will try for some pics later.

Hey, I think I wanna attempt a pair of cabled shorties for my granddaughter. I havent done cables in prob 20 years tho!! Anyone know of a specific link for this purpose? Thanks!!

Oh, yeah, I found out I am gonna be blessed with another grandchild this July. Yipee!!:yay: :bliss:

devholan 02-10-2009 07:47 AM

Good morning. Last night I broke a 6 day run of very, very little sleep. :lostit: I woke up this morning from a sleep so deep I didn't know where I was.:blush:

Molly, I hope you're starting to feel better.

I'm halfway done w/ my Ravensong shorties waistband! Can't wait to get to the colorway.

mlandorf 02-10-2009 07:49 AM

Molly, I didn't get to post yesterday (it was a work outside the home day) but I wanted to tell you that I really like the linen stitch RK. It does look different from RK knit traditionally, but I really liked them.

Any luck on getting A in to see someone?

Sorry you've been under the weather :hugs:

snelson924 02-10-2009 07:53 AM

:wave:

morning mamas. yesterday i bought hardwoods to go in my whole house. we are installing it this weekend so all week i've got to get the house ready for that. meaning i have to pack everything up. FUN! so not much knitting for me this week. :cry:

MollyJones 02-10-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c1sarena (Post 6269284)
Good morning!! I am currently knitting a little cotton V neck vest for my 16month old grandson.I am gonna call it basic geometry class. Will try for some pics later.

Hey, I think I wanna attempt a pair of cabled shorties for my granddaughter. I havent done cables in prob 20 years tho!! Anyone know of a specific link for this purpose? Thanks!!

Oh, yeah, I found out I am gonna be blessed with another grandchild this July. Yipee!!:yay: :bliss:

Congrats!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlandorf (Post 6269298)
Molly, I didn't get to post yesterday (it was a work outside the home day) but I wanted to tell you that I really like the linen stitch RK. It does look different from RK knit traditionally, but I really liked them.

Any luck on getting A in to see someone?

Sorry you've been under the weather :hugs:

Thank you!!

My DH was working on the referral forms yesterday. I have to ask him how far he got in getting them over to A's doctor. He went to work today. I've been soooo out of it!!

Hoping today will be better...