Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668378)

maman08 02-11-2009 03:17 AM

B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday
 
Wet, as in DS's diaper...he's due for a change. Wild...well that could be for our wildly adorable children, for how they behave half the time, or for our wild sides. :giggle:

For newcomers or lurkers, we're basics kind of mamas...prefolds, flats and wool especially, although you'll see some fitteds, some AIOs, some PUL, and even some sposies from time to time. We're not into snarkiness or virtual drama, but we're open to pretty much anything else. :goodvibes:

To wrap up my pink diapers saga from yesterday, I've included some pictures for your amusement and viewing pleasure. Even an overnight Oxi soak (and about four washes yesterday with OxiClean, regular bleach, Borax, and Tide) didn't do a whole lot to get rid of the pinkness, so I guess it's here to stay. I included one regular ub premium in the first picture so you can see the contrast a little better, but they look pinker in real life than they do in these pics:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSCN2556.jpg

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSCN2557.jpg

Sigh. If only I a) had a girl or b) liked pink. :giggle2:

I'm off to the commissary, bbl!

stephcrouse 02-11-2009 04:07 AM

Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday
 
So it looks like the pink is there to stay, and you have accepted defeat :giggle: I hate pink, and have a boy. I don't think I could live with it!

WOTB: Mr. fussypants is still sleeping in a sposie.

WOTA: No plans today...
I got up early to pump. B has been nursing well day & night. So after giving myself a few weeks rest from the pump, I've started again once every morning to store some milk.

melissamomof3girls 02-11-2009 05:16 AM

Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday
 
Morning.

So sorry about the pink. Maybe it'll lighten up over time with more washes?

WOTA: Babysit two little boys today, get my LL fluffy mail and prep them all.

WOTB: HHOS from last night, going to change her right now.

Why, oh why, do my kids have to get up at 6:30 every day? :tired:

Kryster 02-11-2009 05:29 AM

Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday
 
good morning.

sorry about the pink colouring- just make sure you put covers over those ones? I have 2 pink covers and I'm having a boy- just gonna make sure those are under clothes :)

I think I am anxious to get this baby out and I have 4 weeks to go. I have been having random mysterious pains possibly BH contractions, possibly irregular contractions. I don't know, I've never done this before. I think baby has dropped as my appetite came back and the heartburn lessened. not to mention the sudden movement way down in my groin.

WOTA- I was thinking of making pizza dough- one for dinner, one to freeze and making a chicken casserole to put in the freezer as well. I cooked the chicken yesterday. MIL might come by and pick me up for lunch mind you she cancelled last week- so we'll see.

WOTB- heheh amniotic fluid would be my guess :)

maman08 02-11-2009 05:51 AM

Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls (Post 6279737)
Morning.

So sorry about the pink. Maybe it'll lighten up over time with more washes?

WOTA: Babysit two little boys today, get my LL fluffy mail and prep them all.

WOTB: HHOS from last night, going to change her right now.

Why, oh why, do my kids have to get up at 6:30 every day? :tired:

:yay: for fluffy mail!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stephcrouse (Post 6279669)
So it looks like the pink is there to stay, and you have accepted defeat :giggle: I hate pink, and have a boy. I don't think I could live with it!

WOTB: Mr. fussypants is still sleeping in a sposie.

WOTA: No plans today...
I got up early to pump. B has been nursing well day & night. So after giving myself a few weeks rest from the pump, I've started again once every morning to store some milk.

Yesterday I ordered myself some new premiums and 1 toddler pf from LL, so that made me feel a little bit better about the pink. If anyone has a girl and wants 3 pink premiums, 1 pink toddler pf, and 1 pink flannel receiving blanket flat, PM me. :giggle2: The premies and doublers don't bother me as much since they'll be inside. I should take some pics of the cleaning rags I made out of 2 of the pfs that dyed all of mine...they make great unpaper towels since they're so thick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryster (Post 6279778)
WOTB- heheh amniotic fluid would be my guess :)

:roflmbo:

We're back from the commissary and DS is down for his afternoon nap...I need to go unload and put away groceries and clean up the kitchen a bit. I want to try to sneak in a nap as well, DS was up three or four times last night (I lost count) and up for the day at 6:30, so I'm :tired: today.

WOTB: a toddler pf stuffed with a premie, snappied under his Covered Caboose soaker.

WFD (since it's already almost 3 here): lamb, fig, and olive stew, and a vegetable (probably asparagus, but maybe cauliflower)

MommyScott 02-11-2009 05:54 AM

Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maman08 (Post 6279635)
Wet, as in DS's diaper...he's due for a change. Wild...well that could be for our wildly adorable children, for how they behave half the time, or for our wild sides. :giggle:

For newcomers or lurkers, we're basics kind of mamas...prefolds, flats and wool especially, although you'll see some fitteds, some AIOs, some PUL, and even some sposies from time to time. We're not into snarkiness or virtual drama, but we're open to pretty much anything else. :goodvibes:

To wrap up my pink diapers saga from yesterday, I've included some pictures for your amusement and viewing pleasure. Even an overnight Oxi soak (and about four washes yesterday with OxiClean, regular bleach, Borax, and Tide) didn't do a whole lot to get rid of the pinkness, so I guess it's here to stay. I included one regular ub premium in the first picture so you can see the contrast a little better, but they look pinker in real life than they do in these pics:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSCN2556.jpg

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...s/DSCN2557.jpg

Sigh. If only I a) had a girl or b) liked pink. :giggle2:

I'm off to the commissary, bbl!

how many got dyed? send them to me and I can "patch them up" for you :giggle: FFS!

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls (Post 6279737)
Morning.

So sorry about the pink. Maybe it'll lighten up over time with more washes?

WOTA: Babysit two little boys today, get my LL fluffy mail and prep them all.

WOTB: HHOS from last night, going to change her right now.

Why, oh why, do my kids have to get up at 6:30 every day? :tired:

6:30??? :thud: :hugs:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryster (Post 6279778)
good morning.

sorry about the pink colouring- just make sure you put covers over those ones? I have 2 pink covers and I'm having a boy- just gonna make sure those are under clothes :)

I think I am anxious to get this baby out and I have 4 weeks to go. I have been having random mysterious pains possibly BH contractions, possibly irregular contractions. I don't know, I've never done this before. I think baby has dropped as my appetite came back and the heartburn lessened. not to mention the sudden movement way down in my groin.

WOTA- I was thinking of making pizza dough- one for dinner, one to freeze and making a chicken casserole to put in the freezer as well. I cooked the chicken yesterday. MIL might come by and pick me up for lunch mind you she cancelled last week- so we'll see.

WOTB- heheh amniotic fluid would be my guess :)

:bighug:

MommyScott 02-11-2009 05:56 AM

Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday
 
WOTB #1: night time dipe (infant with preemie doubler) under BSWW size small

WOTB #2: sposie I think

WOTA: school, laundry, ship some FSOT items, laundry.... maybe dye some more diapers :giggle: the ones I did two days ago turned out so well, I want to do more! :giggle2: I'll show pictures if I can get some decent lighting later....

maman08 02-11-2009 06:05 AM

Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyScott (Post 6279882)
how many got dyed? send them to me and I can "patch them up" for you :giggle: FFS!

Whoa, seriously? PM'ing you!

I can hear DS back there "talking" to the pictures on his walls, but since he's not crying I guess I'll leave well enough alone and hope he falls asleep soon. :giggle:

MommyScott 02-11-2009 06:06 AM

Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maman08 (Post 6279933)
Whoa, seriously? PM'ing you!

I can hear DS back there "talking" to the pictures on his walls, but since he's not crying I guess I'll leave well enough alone and hope he falls asleep soon. :giggle:


seriously! :thumbsup: :hugs:

my1hd 02-11-2009 06:43 AM

Re: B2B - Back to Basics Wet n' Wild Wednesday
 
Good morning.

I get my car today :lostit: :lostit: :lostit: Have I mentioned we have been car sharing for like ummm 6 mths now and the car we were sharing is not practically dead??? I'm sooh appy to have a car and be able to leave the house whenever i want!! :lostit: :lostit: Oh the little things in life LOL.

I was finishing up yesterdays thread and Cheryloo you soooo need to move to a colder climate. :giggle:


WOTB: LL capri and an a thirsties cover

WOTA:
take some better pictures of her Newborn stuff for FOST.
clean clean clean
laundry laundry laundry
Spend more time playing and just being silly with my kids. I have not been the best mommy since my 3rd trimester. :crying:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors