Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   BSRB Why Me Wednesday... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668380)

madeinjanuary 02-11-2009 04:51 AM

BSRB Why Me Wednesday...

:tired: this is me right now because Roan was doing :fit:all night from midnight til 3am! and I wanted to :hairpull: since i was not getting much needed :zzz: but he finally got so tired he went to sleep a little after 3am. And woke up again at 5am. He finally went back to sleep and since now I can't for whatever reason here I am. (sigh)

Just putting this out there, the previews for this week went up and i know i said I was going to be on the wagon for awhile but SMURFS!! and POOH!! I must must MUST have those two. So I will enlist all the super stalking help I can get for tomm to score those. I liked the chip and dale one too but with it having pink rainbows and stars on it...DH would kill me if I put that on his boys.

I saw that a new SBish daily thread was started and a few of us bsrb mamas are over there too. I told myself do not go in there..you do not need any sbish fitteds or wool until you find the elusive pp tree, but I failed miserably and now I really want to try an sbish wool soaker and or pants. I'll stay away from the fitteds b/c we do not need another diaper :wub: I will however wait til my tax refund comes to buy one though.

I'm thinking of reducing the prices of the bsrb's i'm trying to sell just to get them out and get some pp to fund the two I want tomm. what are the chances they'll sell today? ;X

QOTD: tell me about where you live and why you love or hate it? or both...

madeinjanuary 02-11-2009 05:27 AM

Re: BSRB Why Me Wednesday...

:doh: I didn't answer my own qotd. well i love that i only live a 40min train ride into manhattan, but my neighborhood is very quiet and your normal suburban town. i live pretty darn close to everything i may need like grocery stores, major retailers, and malls. there's plenty of parks and playgrounds around...what I hate is how much it cost to live here.

So I checked my checking acct today and guess what was sitting in there? My REFUND check!! The first thing i did was go order those squash sbish pants in large. :giggle2:

i&a's mama 02-11-2009 05:49 AM

Morning. Sbish is my 2nd fave, so I'll probably be over there, too.

Even though I'm terrible at it, I can help you stalk, Tana. :thumbsup: I'm not going to get any this week. I'm saving up for some wool.

QOTD: I live in small town in WV, population 30,000. I love it because our families are here to help us with the twins. I hate it because it's tiny, outdated, and hard hit by the economic crisis.

madeinjanuary 02-11-2009 05:55 AM

morning allison. thanks for offering up to help ;) it's great that you have your fam there to help with the twins. i dont think i'd mind living whereever so long as i'm not far from family. dh was really considering moving us all to AZ before but i think he's squashed that idea for now. but he was looking into moving down south..like VA or something since he has some family there. I've never been down south so i'm not sure what it's like down there at all.

oh i have a feeling that sbish wool will be the end of me. ;X but i haven't even gotten my first piece yet so i won't jump the gun. I hope it doesn't take long to ship..i'm excited to try them. haha.

Nettie29 02-11-2009 06:37 AM

Morning Tana and Allison! :wave:

Tana, I'm so sorry about your rough night and morning. It will get better...

I'm just popping in with you early bird mamas to say a quick hello before the thread gets away from me, like it usually does...

Just got back from the exercise class. I'm really enjoying it and am feeling a difference in my energy level only 2 weeks into it.

QOTD: I live in Ottawa, Canada's capital city and love it here. LOVE it. It's the 5th biggest city in Canada, population of about 1 million. It's a beautiful place, lots of green space, parks, bike trails, the largest outdoor skating rink in the world. There are tons of children, so it's a family friendly place to be. I enjoyed it before kids too. Because it's the capital, it's not unlike DC, in that it's a civil servant town. Most people work for the federal government in some way. The only downer is that we are 2 hours away from family...

Off to start the day. I'll BBL...

:goodvibes: everyone!

Nettie29 02-11-2009 06:45 AM

Oh... I wanted to ask you all. I've heard some buzz over some new diaper coming out this week that is supposed to be amazing. Does anyone have any info? TIA

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-11-2009 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nettie29 (Post 6279848)
Oh... I wanted to ask you all. I've heard some buzz over some new diaper coming out this week that is supposed to be amazing. Does anyone have any info? TIA

Yep its called GroBaby...there is a thread on it in Extra Fluffy.

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-11-2009 06:59 AM

I live in Vermont and I love that its green and clean air and there is nothing poisonous thats going to bite me...we have the four seasons (though winter is exaggerated if you ask me!) and it doesnt get *too* hot in the summer.

What I hate is that winter is so stinkin long and the darkness really gets to me sometimes. It is worst November through December...

Nettie29 02-11-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I (Post 6279895)
Yep its called GroBaby...there is a thread on it in Extra Fluffy.

Thanks Shannon!

Nettie29 02-11-2009 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I (Post 6279903)

I live in Vermont and I love that its green and clean air and there is nothing poisonous thats going to bite me...we have the four seasons (though winter is exaggerated if you ask me!) and it doesnt get *too* hot in the summer.

What I hate is that winter is so stinkin long and the darkness really gets to me sometimes. It is worst November through December...

I'm not too far north of Vermont, so I totally get the weather issue. I'm trying really hard to embrace this winter thing, but sheesh - it's hard sometimes.