Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Feeling Kind of Sloombed... Sbish Wednesday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=668431)

ForCryingOutLoud 02-11-2009 07:59 AM

Feeling Kind of Sloombed... Sbish Wednesday

I hope nobody minds I started a new thread.

You wouldn't believe what I found in my washer while washing diapers from the weekend. I washed one of my sbish soakers! I almost started to cry until I realized there was nothing wrong with it. My parents watched the kids over the weekend while my DH and I were away. I think Boo pooped on the soaker and my mom just tossed it in with the diapers. It is spotless though :giggle:
I just lanolized it and still fits the same as before. I think it would have felted if it would have gotten in the dryer, but I caught it when I was taking stuff out of the washer.
Oh which reminds me diaper washing day!!

carnalcindd 02-11-2009 08:02 AM

Re: Feeling Kind of Sloombed... Sbish Wednesday

was it 100% wool or the 97% blend? I wash my 97% blends all the time. I even put them in the dryer. I started doing that when I was trying to felt a large pair of pants and couldn't shrink them no matter what I did. I figured if I couldn't when trying, that it was OK when trying to clean them. I only wash wool when it stinks or is pood on tho.

ForCryingOutLoud 02-11-2009 08:03 AM

It was a 100% double layer!
I wash my karate pants all the time in the washer (well all my interlock).
I was just surprised since it went through a diaper washing cycle, hot water, cold rinse and ect. It took a beating!

madeinjanuary 02-11-2009 08:06 AM

:cowwave:hello! newbie here to the thread. I posted this morning on yesterdays thread but might as well introduce myself in the new one for today. i'm tana. mama to DS1 (20mos) and DS2 (almost 4wks). i just ordered my very first pair of sbish pants this morning. soo excited and impatiently waiting to receive it. does anyone know how long it usually takes?

i had a question regarding lanolizing wool for the first time. I dont have any lanolin oil, just some ENI woolie wash. Does anyone know if the lanolin in the wash would be enough to lanolize the sbish for the first time? any help would be greatly appreciated. if not..can someone direct me to where i can find some lanolin oil instock. TIA.

carnalcindd 02-11-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForCryingOutLoud (Post 6280371)
It was a 100% double layer!
I wash my karate pants all the time in the washer (well all my interlock).
I was just surprised since it went through a diaper washing cycle, hot water, cold rinse and ect. It took a beating!

wow, that is impressive, but it is sbish afterall. i haven't found wool that is as wonderful. i started making my own covers and pants, but they can't even compare at all. i just use them as play wool and i have to use two layers to make them even close to sbish...

ForCryingOutLoud 02-11-2009 08:10 AM

HI Tana! :)
They usually ship within 48 hours... sometimes sooner.
Oh ENI has enough lanolin it. You don't need to add anything to it. That is all I use for washing and lanolizing. I never have to lanolize separately because it is highly concentrated.

mms1972 02-11-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeinjanuary (Post 6280391)
:cowwave:hello! newbie here to the thread. I posted this morning on yesterdays thread but might as well introduce myself in the new one for today. i'm tana. mama to DS1 (20mos) and DS2 (almost 4wks). i just ordered my very first pair of sbish pants this morning. soo excited and impatiently waiting to receive it. does anyone know how long it usually takes?

i had a question regarding lanolizing wool for the first time. I dont have any lanolin oil, just some ENI woolie wash. Does anyone know if the lanolin in the wash would be enough to lanolize the sbish for the first time? any help would be greatly appreciated. if not..can someone direct me to where i can find some lanolin oil instock. TIA.

i think erin ships fast! i'm getting my order from Sat today!

ForCryingOutLoud 02-11-2009 08:11 AM

Yeah I know. Sbish takes a beating and keeps on ticking lol

I do like Rainbow Waters wool though. Hers is nice and thick, too. Oh wcw, but only the soakers that double layer. I think wool is too thin for my Boo unless it is double layered.

mms1972 02-11-2009 08:15 AM

IT was so nice here yesterday we had a crazy warm day! In WI! i had my DD is M/L shorts! who ho!!! they llok like capri's on her-lol! My DH calls them her "Little old man" pants! now i'm bummed i didn't buy a pair last week when i seen em sitting on Sloomb! i want MORE!!!!!! :)

madeinjanuary 02-11-2009 08:20 AM

thanks teresa for that info about the woolie wash. and ps..i love your tshirts! i keep going back and forth about whent to order one but i think DS2 needs that bedhog tee now! ;X

and lol @ "little old man pants" - have any action shot pics? would love to see. hehe.