Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   FSOT board etiquette ? ~ How long do you "hold" items? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6688)

CrunchyPeach 05-17-2006 12:26 PM

FSOT board etiquette ? ~ How long do you "hold" items?

I have some diapers FS and have been holding two of them for a mama since early Sunday morning. I've sent two PMs with no response. She hasn't been on DS in a couple days so I hope everything is okay with her. My question is when is it okay to make the diapers available again? The mama was online a few times after I sent the PMs so I'm assuming she got them but I can't know for sure. I don't want to sell them out from under her but I also need the paypal to buy bigger diapers for my son. WWYD? Any advice?

marymom 05-17-2006 12:30 PM

Re: FSOT board etiquette ? ~ How long do you "hold" items?

imho, you've given her ample time to either pm you back or send paypal.

monkeylove 05-17-2006 12:36 PM

I agree...send her a pm letting her know you are reoffering them and maybe give her an hour or so to responf it it makes you feel better, but today is Wednes...if she wanted them that badly she would have addressed this by now

SheilaJoy 05-17-2006 12:38 PM

Yeah, you've given her plenty of time. I think most mamas only hold for about 24 hours and then list is as still available.

shaykismama 05-17-2006 12:41 PM

I agree, you held them longer than most would I think. If she still wanted them but needed funds first she should have let you know.

offlikeapromdress 05-17-2006 12:42 PM

if you pm'd her use the confirmation thingy in your mail to see if she read them. If she has read them and still hasnt pp'd you then go ahead and sell them.

rowynne 05-17-2006 12:42 PM

I've been holding items for a little over a week for a mama, first it was paypal issues so she was going to send a MO on sat, then she was going to do paypal again as soon as her "issues" cleared up, havent heard from her since sunday at this point. Getting a bit annoyed at this point :( Think I will send a final PM as well & then reoffer because I have people waiting for stuff

kimb96 05-17-2006 01:02 PM

I generally only hold for 24 hours. I feel that is sufficient time for someone to get back to me. I've had buyers never get back with me, even after asking for my paypal addy.

I would hold longer if it was someone I had already done business with and I was positive they will come through.

CrunchyPeach 05-17-2006 01:07 PM

Thanks! I checked and she did read the PMs so I'm going to re-list the diapers.

tararaboomdeea 05-17-2006 01:11 PM

I think you've given her enough time to get back to you. If she can't give you an answer, then you need to do what you need to do. Maybe she's having some money issues and is embarassed to let you know about it. Good Luck re-selling them!