Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DS can get out of his crib!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671949)

STK2 02-15-2009 10:58 AM

DS can get out of his crib!!

So, I woke up this morning to little feet walking around my house saying mama. mama!:banghead: DS had gotten out of his crib:banghead: !!! DD doesn't want to give up her toddler bed yet --which we haven't even gotten another bed toddler or twin!! :lostit: So, what should I do??? It is nap time and he won't stay in his crib!!
Punish him and make him stay and go buy a bed tonight
Just keep putting him back in there but don't actually punish him just tell him it is nap time.
Or some other solution I am unaware of!
Thanks mamas!!:lostit: :lostit:

luvmybaby333 02-15-2009 02:52 PM

Re: DS can get out of his crib!!

We had a convertible crib-- thank goodness too! My DD started climbing out of her crib when she was 14 months old :thud: It was so heartbreaking on many levels... One of which was the fact that she was also able to climb out of her playpen... so her bed was the last light of defense when it came to containment :(

We just switched the bed over to it's "toddler" version and went with it :dunno: There wasn't much else we could do-- I'd rather her get out of bed several times a night as opposed to her climbing out and accidentally injuring herself.

I honestly wouldn't punish him. He's not really doing anything wrong-- he's just growing and conquering his environment. I also probably wouldn't keep putting him in it, as there is a chance her could get injured on one of his trips out. I'd just make him a nap pallet on the floor and go buy him a bed tonight :thumbsup:

STK2 02-15-2009 06:20 PM

I put his matress in the floor for nap and we are gettina toddler bed this week! I am not sure of tonight! I am hoping he is so tired from not sleeping well for naptime he will just pass out!

jewelzbird 02-15-2009 08:17 PM

Oh no! Have you ever heard of crib tents? I hear they work wonders if you are not ready to do the toddler bed with him yet.

jenkathryn 02-15-2009 08:33 PM

We have a crib tent. It is the Crib Tent II so I feel that it is safer since goes under the mattress. It has helped us (although we don't use the crib very frequently since we co-sleep) but it is nice to have when we need it. We made a big deal when we put it on and call it the "Princess Tent" and she asked to go in it because it was so exciting to her. Good luck.

lunarain25 02-15-2009 08:53 PM

I think your solution works wonders. It isn't safe for him to continue to climb out of his crib, especially if he is sleepy. My little guy loved sleeping on his crib mattress on the floor for months (even though he had a twin bed right beside his mattress). I guess he just felt it was too big. Good luck. I remember the worry, but seriously it passes so quickly. My little guy felt like such a big kid!

fish3737 02-15-2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenkathryn (Post 6328641)
We have a crib tent. It is the Crib Tent II so I feel that it is safer since goes under the mattress. It has helped us (although we don't use the crib very frequently since we co-sleep) but it is nice to have when we need it. We made a big deal when we put it on and call it the "Princess Tent" and she asked to go in it because it was so exciting to her. Good luck.

My DS started climbing out like at 15 months or so. We had to use the crib tent. It saved us. He is a great sleeper he just needs boundaries. He is the kind of kid that needs to be strapped into his booster sit as well (or else he can't sit still long enough to eat).

When we first got it I let all the kids get into it - we zipped it up and then talked about how cool it was.

:)

momof3boys1girl 02-15-2009 09:15 PM

sounds like the floor is the best idea.GL they grow so fast.

my2sweets 02-16-2009 06:19 AM

That's what I did when dd1 climbed out of her crib. She wasnt walking yet but had figured out how to get out of that crib lol. She slept on the floor on her crib matress for a good 3-4months lol

luvmyfluff 02-16-2009 06:59 AM

I agree with the crib tent idea. Unless you think he's ready for the freedom of a big kid bed already. I used the crib tent for my son, but when it got time for my daughter to climb out she was a bit bigger and wanted to sleep on her mattress on the floor and did great with it.

Laura