Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   co-sleeping mamas... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672228)

ericandash 02-15-2009 06:43 PM

co-sleeping mamas...

Do your lo's nurse all night! :blush: My dd is 6 months and has never really slept well for naps or at night... We have tried adding things in from "no cry sleep solution" (lovey, routine, gentle removal plan, etc) and it seems like lately she is waking up more than ever! She wakes up every 30 minutes to 2 hours! And she won't go back to sleep without nursing. She obviously isn't hungry all the time!

I just wanted to hear from some other mamas! :thumbsup:
If you lived through this did you do anything to help?
Have any advice on how to help my dd to sleep for longer periods of time?

Currently we start her bedtime routine about 7:30pm and she is usually asleep by 8pm (in her crib) I try to get her to keep sleeping in her crib until we go to sleep about 10pm or so, then she sleeps with us for the rest of the night. We do have a co-sleeper but she doesn't use it much anymore.

I just feel like this is starting to really wear on me! I am having a hard time getting any restful sleep! I like co-sleeping, but I wish it wasn't so hard!

Thanks in advance for your advice and support!
:mrgreen:

guysmama 02-15-2009 07:13 PM

Re: co-sleeping mamas...

Yes my DS would nurse all night long. He did slow down with it as he got older, but would still nurse on and off all night long until he began to self-wean. Some nights we would put a bed guard on one side then DS then DH and then me. I think the buffer helped, sometimes. DH would take DS for a few hours on the weekend so I could get a few hours of straigt sleep. It could be draining, but it was worth it!!

http://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=44 this is very similar to the bed guard we used.

ericandash 02-15-2009 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guysmama (Post 6327226)
Yes my DS would nurse all night long. He did slow down with it as he got older, but would still nurse on and off all night long until he began to self-wean. Some nights we would put a bed guard on one side then DS then DH and then me. I think the buffer helped, sometimes. DH would take DS for a few hours on the weekend so I could get a few hours of straigt sleep. It could be draining, but it was worth it!!

http://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=44 this is very similar to the bed guard we used.

Thanks for sharing :) I have seen those pillows, they look great!

ChicanaCoqueta 02-15-2009 09:41 PM

we co-sleep. he wakes up at least once to eat. and he does eat.
he takes a pacifier sometimes and I find that when he just wants to "chew" the pacifier is a life-saver

Bright_Life_Toys 02-15-2009 09:43 PM

My DD is 10 months and is still up every 2 hours (or more.) :zzz:

Christina 02-15-2009 09:47 PM

My almost 10 month old starts out the night in her crib which is side-carred to our bed. Like right now she's upstairs asleep in her bed and I'm downstairs. She'll be up soon to eat again and then she'll wake up every hour or so to nurse again. It's exhausting and I've tried to keep her from nursing too much but it turns into all night scream sessions and I've found it easier just to put a boob in her mouth and be done with it. I'm able to nurse laying down really easily so I can still sleep while she nurses, in fact I sleep without a top on and there are times when I wake up and she's latched on and I didn't even realize she was there.
My DH travels for work alot so it's just me and the baby or he would take her for a little while at night so I could get some sleep.
She won't nap well during the day either without me sleeping and nursing her almost all through the nap.

SamanthaE 02-15-2009 10:46 PM

Pen is 9 months and still wakes up atleast twice a night. I think I have just gotten used to getting woken up. I love BFing and cosleeping so I just try to enjoy it while it lasts. She's not going to want to sleep with me forever.

SubliminalDarkness 02-15-2009 10:54 PM

Mine did. But we believe in nursing on demand, so we didn't make any significant effort to nightwean until he was 14 months. Nursing all night was hard, but it was what he needed at the time.

My Sweet Blessings 02-15-2009 10:55 PM

my 17 month old co-sleeper still nurses about every 2 hours (at least.. sometimes every hour) :thud: He's always nursed like that. He is a nursaholic at night. It's probably cause he is so active during the day and doesn't nurse as much.

MLB 02-15-2009 11:00 PM

I coslept with both of mine and they just kind of latched on and off. LOL