Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   BSRB Is it Monday already? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=672499)

starla79 02-16-2009 05:18 AM

BSRB Is it Monday already?

It is, unfortunately, and I'm up early because i'm in a boot camp training class for the certified computer examiner certification all week. 8 to 6. FUN STUFF. You won't see me online much today that's for sure! Keep you fingers crossed for me that things work out with me pumping there and not having to use the bathroom... they're supposed to find space for me but i don't know how well it's going to work out.

I was out most of yesterday and only had time to read all the chatter yesterday... Sara, put the maalox on his tushie already! It'll help neutralize the acid and protect his skin (it'll dry on his skin and be kind of chalky). I've been there with rashes on D before and watching him shake and cry just broke my heart... i had him in the oatmeal bath as much as i could because it made him so happy, and just grabbed the best cream i had and put him in a disposable since that's what it took to get it cleared up.

D's awake, time to nurse him and run... hope you guys have a good day!

serendipity10410 02-16-2009 05:42 AM

Re: BSRB Is it Monday already?

thanks Starla :) good luck with the bootcamp today. My DH is looking into doing one of those training courses for his job too, but he would have to travel out of town to do it :(

I was awakened by X crying at 5 am :tired: but just for a quick poopy diaper change. The good news is that it was almost back to "normal" :woot2: I never thought i would be so happy to see solid poop :giggle: And his rash is better from the Method cream :)

this is not a question of the day, but a question nonetheless: did anyone else enter their babies in the Regis and Kelly Beautiful baby contest? My family hounded me until i entered a pic of X :giggle: I was just wondering if X will have the rest of the BSRB cuties to contend with :chuckle:

Ok, i have to get X some breakfast. I am letting DH sleep in today, even though i want to :cry: I made him promise (in his sleep ;)) to let me sleep in twice this week in return :yay: But that will only happen if his work does not call him out early in the AM.

:bolt: BBL

serendipity10410 02-16-2009 06:19 AM

And i want to thank Megs, Di, and Jenn for your :hugs: last night. And jenn, thanks for mentioning the BRAT diet. He's been on that for about 3 days now, and IDK if that is helping him, but either that or the combo of probiotics, diet, and the illness running its course... does not matter. I am so happy that he's getting better!! Now i have to get the stains out of my diapers :cry: Some really bad poop can do a number on stain-free diapers!! :giggle2:

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-16-2009 06:23 AM

Aww Sara I am glad X is starting to get a bit better! I hope he continues to improve.

I haven't enterted my babe into the regis and kelly thing mostly because I doubt that I would know if she won as I never watch Regis and Kelly :blush:

Both my kids are up but both are playing happily in their rooms so I am taking a few minutes to wake up before I go gather them. DH is home today too so I have a little extra time.

mrsdi 02-16-2009 06:30 AM

Morning!
I wish DH was off today for the holiday, but no days off for him again until Memorial Day. :(

Starla--hope your boot camp training class today flies by and I hope they find a private place for you to pump. :)

Sara--:yay: about X starting to get some solid poops going! That is the greatest news ever & what a wonderful way to start the week! So happy to hear that the method cream seems to be helping, too. I am going to have to pick some of that up next time I'm at Target to have on hand. Sorry to hear about the stains, but I'm sure you'll be able to get them out over time. :)

I'm sure you saw my post last night, but I knew nothing of the Regis & Kelly photo contest. I watched that show a lot when C was first born, but I rarely have the TV on during the day now.
I'm so glad you entered X and again..let us know if there's a place we can vote!! Oh how I would love to see him win!!

Nothing much planned for today...going to head out and do our usual errands in a little bit after I attempt to get a shower.

serendipity10410 02-16-2009 06:33 AM

THanks Shannon.
I don't watch Regis and kelly either :blush: but my bff does, and she will not let me miss it if, by chance, X was selected. I am not particularly optimistic that he would win, but it's fun to enter nonetheless :)

by the way, there will be voting for the finalists only on March 9. Don't hold your breath, but if he is a finalist :giggle: I will be begging for your votes!!!

treala05 02-16-2009 06:48 AM

Morning mamas! We're up in MA getting settled this morning since we didn't arrive until late last night. I'm so impressed with Reese's flexibility with traveling, thank goodness!

Can someone remind me what the BRAT diet is? I remember hearing about it on John & Kate + Eight, but can't remember what the letters stand for.

MegsMom 02-16-2009 07:19 AM

Morning ladies. I am at work and DH is home w/ the kiddos. Daycare is closed today and he has more time off, so he gets to stay home. I already got a call that my DS colored his hand green w/ marker (non-washable). He had him in gloves until he can figure out how to get it off. I told him to use diswashing soap..I need to call and see if that worked.

Sarah - Yeah that X is feeling better. DS always got those red bums, but we were still in sposies so we would good on the desitin. That stuff does wonders. Bad for cloth though :(

Diana- So, reading last night thread and see the kamquat site...bad..bad.

Okay, better start work. Have a great day everyone :)

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-16-2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treala05 (Post 6330549)
Morning mamas! We're up in MA getting settled this morning since we didn't arrive until late last night. I'm so impressed with Reese's flexibility with traveling, thank goodness!

Can someone remind me what the BRAT diet is? I remember hearing about it on John & Kate + Eight, but can't remember what the letters stand for.

Bananas rice apples toast...yum

mrsdi 02-16-2009 07:33 AM

:wave: Shannon!

Alaina---great that Reese is adjusting so well to traveling. :)

Jaclyn--:giggle2: about DH putting DS in gloves. I love how DHs' think sometimes.
As for the Kumquat site...yeah, I know. However, I only bought one shirt and that was it.

Does anyone have a regular postal scale? I have a food scale, which has been accurate so far. I'm mailing 3 TFs, and am coming up with 5-6oz for each diaper, so about 1lb 3oz for 3. Sound right?

Gotta run...