Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Does your nursery furniture match? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673443)

jessc82 02-17-2009 05:40 AM

Does your nursery furniture match?

Just what the question says! :thumbsup:

KimA 02-17-2009 05:49 AM

Re: Does your nursery furniture match?

I didn't buy matching furniture but I did paint some things to match. It was less expensive.

SubliminalDarkness 02-17-2009 05:50 AM

The crib is different than everything else. But the "everything else" is my furniture from when I was a little girl.

RobinP92202 02-17-2009 06:19 AM

Our crib is from my cousin, the glider was my MIL's, and the changing table is from my niece but they all happen to match perfectly! (light natural wood) We went out and got a dresser that matches nicely as well. So it is a fluke, but yes it all matches! :)

Tavie and Ellie's Mom 02-17-2009 06:22 AM

It's the only room in my house that does match :giggle:

ShamroxGirl 02-17-2009 06:37 AM

Yes, his crib, dresser and changing table all match.

All a very nice honey pine. Real pine too, which is nice.

We got a German-made playpen (BNIB for 15 dollars!!) when we got here and it's a similar color, maybe just a little lighter.

When we have our next baby we'll put the dresser and crib in with D. The changing table in the third bedroom and the playpen in our room until we're ready to move D into a twin bed and the baby into his or her own room in the crib.

His toy bin does not match, but it's always been in the common living areas. We're thinking of putting some sort of shelf unit into the built-in closets but aren't 100% on that.

The third room has LARGE closets, so they'll need some sort of shelving units underneath the one rack, but we won't need a dresser in there.

zacks_mommy 02-17-2009 06:41 AM

all his furniture is the same color wood. with the exception of his bookshelf and his toy bin. that reminds me, he needs another bookshelf....

BoysMommy 02-17-2009 07:05 AM

Nope, he sleeps in our room and our furniture doesn't match:giggle2:

gadget19 02-17-2009 07:10 AM

At the moment we don't even have a nursery, but we will soon after our boys arrive. But due to financial reasons (and having twins) we are borrowing a lot of furniture, so no, it won't match when we finally get the room put together. It will be mostly white, but that's as close as it will get to matching. :)

AguaViva 02-17-2009 07:13 AM

I said no. We got all the kids furniture from friends or family, so NONE of the pieces actually match each other! But, we also didn't do a nursery with DS or DD...we're always one bedroom short! :)