Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   What are your favorite children's music CD's? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67346)

shandi 11-28-2006 05:59 PM

What are your favorite children's music CD's?

Just wondering what music CD's your children like :) I'd love some suggestions!

DS really likes music and I'd like to get some fun music for his first Christmas that he can bop to!
Mostly I just put on the digital radio kids station, but I'd like to start a little collection.

TIA :)

pfamilygal6 11-28-2006 06:09 PM

Re: What are your favorite children's music CD's?

Love Laurie Berkner, but get a full length one. We only have the one packaged with the DVD at Target and it has a grand total of 6 songs. Plays for all of 12 minutes. Woo hoo. I want to shoot myself after one trip to Target and back. The songs are dang catchy though.

jaseyandmallorysmommy 11-28-2006 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfamilygal6 (Post 485424)
Love Laurie Berkner, but get a full length one. We only have the one packaged with the DVD at Target and it has a grand total of 6 songs. Plays for all of 12 minutes. Woo hoo. I want to shoot myself after one trip to Target and back. The songs are dang catchy though.

we are totally in love with this band! DS had me email her to invite them to his birthday party.

sheri_b 11-28-2006 07:26 PM

For some reason Laurie Berkner drives me insane. I can't stand her. :mrgreen:

At this moment the boys are ga-ga over the Backyardigans CD, which is ok because I like them, too. Before that was Lucas Miller - The Singing Zoologist. Before that was Action Bible Songs....they like that because they see the video at school. Before that was Joe McDermott....all three cd's. Once they start to get tired of a cd, they all get shuffled in, including Elmo's greatest hits.

It's sad, but I know almost every word to every song!

aept 11-28-2006 08:59 PM

Laurie Berkner's Victor Vito cd - love the fishies song!

DH and I love the Curious George soundtrack by Jack Johnson!

sesa70 11-28-2006 09:13 PM

we love the bear in the big blue house songs! There are two cds :mrgreen:

peapodmamma2006 11-28-2006 09:13 PM

We like Laurie Berkner too, we have "Whaddaya Think of That" and the DVD. They're great. We also just got the Baby Signing Times gift set, which has CDs for Vols. 1&2 and the songs are GREAT!

I've also heard GREAT things about Dan Zanes, but we haven't gotten any yet. Of couse when I was a little girl I loved Burl Ives. I'm not sure if you can still get his cds?

shesmyfirst 11-28-2006 09:40 PM

We love the Putumayo collections --esp Sing Along with Putumayo and Dreamland

but dd is only 6 mos!

havanadaydreamin 11-28-2006 09:55 PM

Veggie Tales Silly Songs is the only kids CD that we have.

Other than that, she listens to whatever I listen too..rap, R&B, rock, country....

reborin 11-28-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shesmyfirst (Post 485946)
We love the Putumayo collections --esp Sing Along with Putumayo

This is one of our faves too!

Also currently loving the Roaches Be My Friend, which has some hysterical songs on it. Well, I think so LOL!

Standby faves: singable songs for very young Raffi, and the Smithsonian collections for children. I like the first one the best. :mrgreen: