Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I just can't take it anymore- VENT (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=673621)

TyAndCheyMommy 02-17-2009 10:44 AM

I just can't take it anymore- VENT

So- first I have to say- that we are living in a TINY hotel room- until we find a place... which my husband doesn't seem to care if we do or not...
We have 2 kids here- 2yr old DS and almost 2yr old DD... The hotel room SUCKS- there is no bathroom door, there isn't an clock, radio, or even a bible :headscratch: ... but hey it is cheap...

Well- we only have 1 vehicle... and DH has to drive that to work... so the kids and I are stuck here in the hotel room- 15 hours away from home... and to make it worse- this town is NOT walking friendly... so my strollers are USELESS here....

And now to the MAJOR VENT PART... THE KIDS WON'T STOP CRYING... DS crys over Everything... even just me telling him to play with his toys- or look at that tv.... he doesn't sleep... ALL HE DOES IS CRY... even going to the park- he just crys...
I know that it is a HUGE change... But I need a break... and yet have no way to get a break...

Hubby works 6days a week (every other week 7days)... for 10-12hours a day... and he has the only vehicle we have at work...

I don't know what to do- I can't keep the kids happy- I can't keep them quiet... and I just keep getting complaints that we have screaming kids in teh room... :cry: :cry: :cry:

greek4 02-17-2009 10:48 AM

Re: I just can't take it anymore- VENT

Take a deep breath. Your kids are probably picking up on your anxiety. Could you take DH to work in the am and keep the car for the day so you guys can go exploring?

TyAndCheyMommy 02-17-2009 10:49 AM

Unfortunatly no- because he drives 4 other guys to work... They are "taking turns" but I want to know when their turns are... .grrrr

sourpatch_babe 02-17-2009 10:54 AM

I second taking your DH to work even if it's just once a week. I know that it might be a burden especially if he has to be at work super early and you have to wake up the children but it will be better for you guys. Especially since you can take advantage of having the car to go and see other apts/houses for rent/sale.

sourpatch_babe 02-17-2009 10:56 AM

What do you do when the kids have a doctor's apt? Tell your husband that one of your kidlets needs to go for a check up this week and that he has to leave the car with you.

TyAndCheyMommy 02-17-2009 10:58 AM

We haven't had doctors moved down here yet... so they had appts right before we left...
I can't take him to work- because he takes 4 other guys- and we can't fit 4 guys, 2 car seats, and us in the truck...
So I just have to wait till it is one of the other guys turns...

Any ideas for like "crafts" that are not messy that a 2 yr old can do- that I can get at walmart or biglots... or a grocery store?? (I have no stove, and a TINY fridge)...

greek4 02-17-2009 11:02 AM

My 18 month old likes to color and use those tiny circle stickers (that are easy to vacuum up).

sourpatch_babe 02-17-2009 11:28 AM

I gave The Kid a box of macaroni, some paper, and a bottle of elmer's glue. I like that the glue is easy to remove if it gets stuck on something. Also, you can do some messy crafts. Like, give your LO paper and paint, undress them to their skivvies and put him in the tub. He can have crazy fun painting himself/the walls (I'm assuming the tub walls are the El Cheapo hotel plasticky kinds) and once he's done you can bathe him right there. The water will take care of the paint on the tub as well.

DaynaR 02-17-2009 11:41 AM

Can you not tell your DH to give the guys a few days to a weeks notice that they need to have someone else take their car to work so you can keep yours? If they're supposed to take turns, this shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Sounds like you and the kids need to get out of there for awhile.

kiwi87 02-17-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TyAndCheyMommy (Post 6343493)
Any ideas for like "crafts" that are not messy that a 2 yr old can do- that I can get at walmart or biglots... or a grocery store?? (I have no stove, and a TINY fridge)...

Color wonder markers with the color wonder paper. :thumbsup: A mess free way to use markers.