Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   In The Kitchen (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fat sausage links, how do you cook them so they're cooked the whole way thru? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=674019)

Harmony96 02-17-2009 03:55 PM

Fat sausage links, how do you cook them so they're cooked the whole way thru?

So we have Central Market here and we have Sprouts here. Both are specialty "health food" grocery stores, and both stores have a meat market where they make their own sausage, big fat links of sausage. A while back, I bought a couple of links, and cut one open, thinking that it was of the type like I could dice it up and it would still hold its shape. Not so much, lol. I had a ground sausage mess in my pan.

But then when I tred to fry one up just by itself, it was way done on the outside, but was so thick that the middle had a string inside that was undone still.

I want to know how to cook these b/c they come in all sorts of yummy flavors, lol. Help me out. :D

dachshundqueen 02-17-2009 04:08 PM

Re: Fat sausage links, how do you cook them so they're cooked the whole way thru?

boil then grill or kind of braise (saucepan w/lid w/3/4 c water)

Liz

kocho 02-17-2009 04:42 PM

Re: Fat sausage links, how do you cook them so they're cooked the whole way thru?

They wont hold shape at all if you slice them?

Here's my favorite sausage recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/r...ipe/index.html

You could boil them longer if they're that fat, and skip the slicing part if they will crumble.

BabyLuvinMama 02-25-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmony96 (Post 6347858)
So we have Central Market here and we have Sprouts here. Both are specialty "health food" grocery stores, and both stores have a meat market where they make their own sausage, big fat links of sausage. A while back, I bought a couple of links, and cut one open, thinking that it was of the type like I could dice it up and it would still hold its shape. Not so much, lol. I had a ground sausage mess in my pan.

But then when I tred to fry one up just by itself, it was way done on the outside, but was so thick that the middle had a string inside that was undone still.

I want to know how to cook these b/c they come in all sorts of yummy flavors, lol. Help me out. :D

if you go in and ask your whole foods dealer they will tell you exactly how to cook them. If yours has ground meat inside it most likely has whole grains also which will NEVER set up like a traditional sausage thus the casing they use to hold it in. You can tell them exactly what your looking for and if it is a larger whole foods store they will have it on hand for you

aboutachild 02-25-2009 11:03 AM

I put about 2 TBS of olive oil or grapeseed oil in a frying pan put the sausage in then cover them about 1/2 way with water. Turn the heat up to med-high and turn every now and then. The water will evaporate and while doing so cook the inside, then the oil that is left will brown the outside.

I learned this from Rachael Ray, I will never cook sausage any other way.

samilyn1981 02-25-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

I put about 2 TBS of olive oil or grapeseed oil in a frying pan put the sausage in then cover them about 1/2 way with water. Turn the heat up to med-high and turn every now and then. The water will evaporate and while doing so cook the inside, then the oil that is left will brown the outside.
yeap! that's how:thumbsup:yum