Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   The Wool I Know -- Thursday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675393)

devholan 02-19-2009 06:17 AM

The Wool I Know -- Thursday

Good morning. I hope someone knows the song from the thread title this morning. Looking forward to a woolie playdate today. And good stuff stocking!

ladybenz 02-19-2009 06:28 AM

Re: The Wool I Know -- Thursday

Good morning! :wave2: busy day for me today, now that I've got the gauge right on the treehuggers :yay: I'm hoping to get a lot of work done on this pair today. I also have a couple of custom dipes to sew, they are sitting by the sewing machine waiting for nap time. :)

I think I'm going to make a t-shirt to go with the rainbows set (basically just applique some of the d*ck and jane fabric to a t-shirt) anyone know of anywhere to get blank colored ts at a brick and mortar store? I can get white ones at target, but no plain colors. I'm askeered of wal-mart since I always seem to lose my temper in there... :blush:
Old navy? h&m?

devholan 02-19-2009 06:30 AM

Good morning Aimee. I think Old Navy is an option. Babies R Us has a few brands w/ blank, colored T's as well. And there is an American Apparel store in a mall in Charlotte. Maybe you have one around there somewhere?

iheartruiner 02-19-2009 06:37 AM

My vote is for ON. How do you not have colored blanks at your Target? We have them here. :headscratch:

I'm almost finished with an instock pair of capris :) I'll be back to post WIP shots momentarily.

And I should be here more often today :thumbsup:

kmwell 02-19-2009 06:38 AM

Mornin'! I am almost finished with my first leg (EVER!). I think I should be able to finish them up tomorrow. I will not have a lot of working time today. I am pleased so far for my very first knitting project ever and considering I made my first knit stitch in my life less than 3 weeks ago :giggle: . I am super happy with the way the leg is shaping up. Now hopefully I can duplicate it on leg #2 LOL.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x12/kmwell/WIPTh.jpg

~Peach~ 02-19-2009 06:39 AM

Oooh Collective Soul! Good one Dev!

~Peach~ 02-19-2009 06:40 AM

Kristi is that moon river or polar moon?

kmwell 02-19-2009 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Peach~ (Post 6365594)
Kristi is that moon river or polar moon?

Moon River ;) I really like the way it is knitting up.

littlemisses 02-19-2009 06:40 AM

Good morning Ladies!

Well me and DH are narrowing it down of where to go for our Anniversary and are looking into Asheville. :giggle: We looked there once before,but are now looking into it again. We think it will be a nice place and a days drive from some other places we would love to go see as well. Any good place to visit and stay?

On a woolie note I finished the hat I knit for my friend who is adopting a little boy in a couple of weeks. It is blocking and almost dry. Will take a photo in a bit. I have to make a pom pom for the top still.

ladybenz 02-19-2009 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartruiner (Post 6365573)
My vote is for ON. How do you not have colored blanks at your Target? We have them here. :headscratch:

I'm almost finished with an instock pair of capris :) I'll be back to post WIP shots momentarily.

And I should be here more often today :thumbsup:

Dude, my target is laaaa-me. although, they have pretty good groceries. And lots of mama-sized colored blanks. ;) They have a HUGE infant girls section, but the infant boys section is tiny. I've bought girls jeans for my boys because they didn't have a single pair of boys jeans in their size.

And the girls' stuff is all pastels and purple and pink, and I am really hoping to find a bright green or red or orange, or even yellow. Of course, if I drove 5 miles in any direction, I could probably find another target...