Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Vax & military question (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67618)

worldwarcaitlin 11-29-2006 12:18 PM

Vax & military question

DS has been vaxed on schedule so far for all shots from birth-6months. However, I plan on no longer vaxing him.

HOWEVER, we will become military in the next year or so, and I am wondering if they will be required? does it just depend on where you are living?

personal input is appreciated as well. thanks mamas!

tillers72 11-29-2006 12:29 PM

Re: Vax & military question

DS was vaxed upto date until his 1 year checkup when i had done the research on vaxs...The vax clinic tried to give me grief and said that he won't be able to attend school, ect, and I told them in no uncertain terms that those services CANNOT be withheld from him because of this and that there are papers that can be signed stating it's a religious/philisophical belief not to vax. The ped I saw that day was very helpful with getting me info and very supportive that it was my choice...he went through some pros and cons and helped me find a website...even offered that if I wanted to come back in to see him only to discuss it further if I had more questions that I was more than welcome to do it. Just don't let anyone bully you into it...there are ways around everything in the system, and if your child needs to be in childcare on post, then you can fill out papers...they cannot deny you the services as long as you fill out the proper things! gl mama!

deejahd 11-29-2006 02:05 PM

My understanding is that being military they will 'make' you vax. Because your hubby wouldn't be able to go on all orders (eg overseas etc) if you don't. My hubby was lead to believe that it is a requirement.

napua 11-29-2006 02:14 PM

They CAN NOTmake you! I am an Army wife and have had no issues at all. Sure they try to guilt you into it but you ALWAYS have the right to decline. PM me if you have more questions and I will gladly help you.:goodvibes:

pinkflamingos77 11-29-2006 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napua (Post 487862)
They CAN NOTmake you! I am an Army ife and have had no issues at all. Sure they try to guilt you into it but you ALWAYS have the right to decline. PM me if you have more questions and I will gladly help you.:goodvibes:

:yeahthat:

Sarah 11-29-2006 03:02 PM

This is a great thread for us. I was lead to believe that we had to vax our kids because we're military

jenn5388 11-29-2006 03:54 PM

I was a army wife, miranda wasn't vaccinated and dave went to Iraq.. and wherever else with no issues.. However we didn't see doctors on base either, I didn't wanna deal with thier crap.

No one can make you do anything.. no matter if he's in the military or not.. Hell, he doesn't even have to be vaccinated. lol

Hayley 11-29-2006 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deejahd (Post 487831)
My understanding is that being military they will 'make' you vax. Because your hubby wouldn't be able to go on all orders (eg overseas etc) if you don't. My hubby was lead to believe that it is a requirement.

Yeah this is not true! We are delaying our vaxs and so far I have had no problems. Just because your DH is military does not mean you signed your life over KWIM? Because your life and your children are not there "property" as is your DH in a sense.

Just be prepared with lots of reasons why you choose to not vax or delay and they can not make you get your DC vaxed! And if worse comes to worse get a religious waiver.

worldwarcaitlin 11-29-2006 07:58 PM

Ack, the only thing about the religious waver is I figure I can't use it since the shots he's gotten are on his record. And the people I know who really don't vax for religious reasons, don't vax from birth.

Thanks for all the replies!

Hayley 11-29-2006 08:02 PM

Well if you say you found the Religion after you vaxed maybe that could fly but really it is your child not the military's! Good luck!