Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   It's Friday, I'm in love...with BSRB (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676270)

i&a's mama 02-20-2009 05:17 AM

It's Friday, I'm in love...with BSRB

Morning, ladies! :wave2:

I missed lots of chatting last night! Two other mamas that work at my agency had twins last year too, and we recently got together to try get a multiples group going in our area. I was working on that, although I didn't make much progress. :yuck:

I make my own marinara and baby food. The biggest reason is because it saves a lot of money. :giggle:

Oh, how cool is this? It turns out my sitter's mom knits and sews diapers and covers. They are one big CDing family, and starting in April, she'll be free to starting knitting and sewing for me. I was excited because she can make "everday" supplies, and I can save my PP for the good stuff. :thumbsup:

i&a's mama 02-20-2009 05:50 AM

Re: It's Friday, I'm in love...with BSRB

Oh, and here's my imaginary signature.

Formula feeding (because I failed at tandem nursing), CD'ing (because it's now my hobby), homemade baby food-making (because I'm cheap and people told me I'd give up), non-baby wearing (because which one would I wear?), vax'ing and circ'ing (because I researched and made the decisions that were right for my family), non-cosleeping (because DH and I didn't want to), WOHM (because I make more than DH and because I worked hard for my career and because I have access to the best childcare possible [grandparents and a sitter who adore them] and because, although I struggle sometimes, it's working for us)

:chuckle:

mrsdi 02-20-2009 06:58 AM

Morning, mamas....
Just a quickie before I hop into my coveted shower. :)

Allison--One of the reasons I chose to make baby food is due to the cost factor, too. Plus, it amazed me how many meals just a few apples or a couple of sweet potatoes, etc. made. It's amazing.
OMG--you are so lucky with the sitter's mom knitting??!! I'll bet if you just passed along the Sheepy Pants pattern to her, she could whip up a pair of longies/shorties. :giggle: So cool that she knows about diaper covers for CDs!!

Sara--I read your post from last night. Sorry that you got to bed late because DH didn't feel like running to the store or cleaning up the kitchen. That drives me nuts, too. DH loves to leave the dinner dishes piled in the sink when I go to yoga and it's just about the last thing I feel like doing when I get home after 9:30. :( I do try to remember my working days and how after working all day, I didn't always feel like doing those chores, either. Regardless, it still stinks. ;)

I had a QOTD I've been wanting to ask for awhile, and now I can't think of it. :banghead: Perhaps it will come to me in the shower if no one else thinks of one while I'm gone.

ETA--Did everyone see the rave for our very own Jordan in EF here??!! Yay, Jordan!!!
BBL

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-20-2009 07:17 AM

Morning Mamas!

I went to bed WAY too late last night!

We are looking at another house this morning and it looks like I might need to pick up DH from work then drive up to it, yikes! That would put a serious crimp in my morning routine...DD is likely to be without a nap and she *hates* the car so the two together will go great. Unlike normal children she won't fall asleep in the car, she will just scream the whole time...joy!

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-20-2009 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdi (Post 6377287)
Morning, mamas....
Just a quickie before I hop into my coveted shower. :)

Allison--One of the reasons I chose to make baby food is due to the cost factor, too. Plus, it amazed me how many meals just a few apples or a couple of sweet potatoes, etc. made. It's amazing.
OMG--you are so lucky with the sitter's mom knitting??!! I'll bet if you just passed along the Sheepy Pants pattern to her, she could whip up a pair of longies/shorties. :giggle: So cool that she knows about diaper covers for CDs!!

Sara--I read your post from last night. Sorry that you got to bed late because DH didn't feel like running to the store or cleaning up the kitchen. That drives me nuts, too. DH loves to leave the dinner dishes piled in the sink when I go to yoga and it's just about the last thing I feel like doing when I get home after 9:30. :( I do try to remember my working days and how after working all day, I didn't always feel like doing those chores, either. Regardless, it still stinks. ;)

I had a QOTD I've been wanting to ask for awhile, and now I can't think of it. :banghead: Perhaps it will come to me in the shower if no one else thinks of one while I'm gone.

ETA--Did everyone see the rave for our very own Jordan in EF here??!! Yay, Jordan!!!
BBL

Is this something that can be purchased? I am trying to look around at patterns so maybe MIL can knit up a pair. I think I just need the yarn in my hands before I decide what I want to do with it.

Great rave for Jordan! Yay!

serendipity10410 02-20-2009 07:42 AM

hi mamas. I can't stay long, we have a playdate this morning and it is snowing so i want to leave extra early.

:yay: for jordan's rave, thanks for posting it Di.

Shannon, i hope DD gets a nap somehow, whether in the car or at home :hugs: and you get to see the house! Maybe it will be "the one"!

Allison, that is so awesome that your sitter's mom can knit! I tried my Sbish overnight last night, and his sheets were dry but the longies were soaked. I guess i did not lanolize enough (as suspected). So, now i get to lanolize them AGAIN. :banghead: this is why it took me so long to get into wool. It's a pain sometimes.

Ok, the roads are really bad, but i do not want to cancel this playdate. I am not sure what to do... I guess if i come back, you all will know that i decided not to go :( I am also babysitting for one of X's baby-friends from playgroup this afternoon for a couple hours while they test-drive a new car. I guess now you all know why i had to go to the store in the middle of the night, huh? It's a crazy day!! :bolt:

mrsdi 02-20-2009 07:44 AM

Shannon--let us know about how the house hunting goes this morning! I hope you like it if it's going to interfere with DD's nap. :)
Yes, you can buy the sheepy pants pattern online. I don't know if we're allowed to link, but you can either PM me for it, or just google 'sheepy pants pattern.' It's $6.50, and a very easy pattern to follow, especially for MIL's first pair of longies. :)

serendipity10410 02-20-2009 07:45 AM

Allison, i like your "laundry list" too :giggle:

mrsdi 02-20-2009 07:45 AM

Sara--enjoy your play date & safe driving!! Have fun with your little 'second playdate' this afternoon, too! :)

idefix 02-20-2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I (Post 6377422)
Is this something that can be purchased? I am trying to look around at patterns so maybe MIL can knit up a pair. I think I just need the yarn in my hands before I decide what I want to do with it.

Yes. I bought it. I haven't used it yet, but what I like is that you can follow her sizes or you can customize it. The instructions look good.
http://www.sheepytimeknits.com/knit/pants.htm

There are also a bunch of great free ones out there.

DH took off today since it's my last day as temporary SAHM. We have to get the rest of Fynn's 2 month's shots. I didn't want to bobmard him with 5 at one time. Since I forgot to take my form that I am fit to return back to work at my six week appointment, I have to get that filled out today, too, or they'll send me home on Monday. What a waste of time.