Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   BASICally Fluffy Friday (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=676291)

maman08 02-20-2009 06:53 AM

BASICally Fluffy Friday
 
Happy Friday B2B mamas!

ETA:
We're mamas who love the basics -- prefolds, flats, wool, and mama-made stashes especially, but you'll also find fitteds, pockets, AIOs, and even some sposies. We talk about a bit of everything, so feel free to jump right in!

maman08 02-20-2009 06:56 AM

Re: BASICally Fluffy Friday
 
From yesterday's thread, for those who didn't see it:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flobee76 (Post 6376654)
Just checking in!! We had our baby this morning (Thursday, 2-19)

Tessa Leigh
8 lbs. 12 oz
20 in long

birth story coming soon.

:yay: :happyclap: :bliss: :chkn: :elmo: :party: :ohyeah: :carrot: :banana: :celebrate: :broc: :cheerleader3:

my1hd 02-20-2009 07:09 AM

Re: BASICally Fluffy Friday
 
YA on the baby!! :)

Good morning everyone. DD1 is at another sleep over and my house is soooo quiet. :giggle: I have some stuff to ship today and a few more things to sell. What should I buy with the paypal??? I already have a few med thirsties covers on the list not sure what else to get. I'm feeling a little low on dipes though. SoI either need some more pockets/AIO's (not a big fitted fan) orI need more prefolds but I have no clue what size...... I realy wanted some BGOS but I just can not bring myself to pay 25$ a dipe :banghead:. SO I was thinking maybe some of those ATG AIOS. Thoughts??

maman08 02-20-2009 07:14 AM

Re: BASICally Fluffy Friday
 
I realize that at this point I'm still just talking to myself, but two observations from today:

- Whatever it is that our upstairs neighbor is using his hammer drill on every day at 10:30 in the middle of DS's nap is probably too broken to keep trying to fix up, and should be burned. Possibly with the neighbor added to the bonfire.
- No disrespect intended, but one of these days I would love to live somewhere that I don't have to listen to the call to prayer four times a day (there is a fifth, but it's at dawn and I'm usually not awake to hear it). It's cool at first, but after a few years it's starting to grate on my nerves.

:rant:

There, now no more complaining for me today. I just had to get that out. On to happier thoughts, like how cute Tessa must be and when we'll get to see pictures of her!

melissamomof3girls 02-20-2009 07:15 AM

Re: BASICally Fluffy Friday
 
Morning Ladies.


Girls are coughing like crazy. :gah: all three of them. My poor husband was ready to put his ear plugs in yesterday while he was trying to work here on the computer. I feel so bad for them. DD1 & 2 wouldn't even eat breakfast again this morning. I thought dd2 was getting better but she's puny this morning.

On a good note, my parents are coming to babysit tonight while dh and I go out to a date night with some Christian comedy speakers I guess. Not real sure what to expect. I feel terrible leaving my sick girls at home but need a little break.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flobee76 (Post 6376654)
Just checking in!! We had our baby this morning (Thursday, 2-19)

Tessa Leigh
8 lbs. 12 oz
20 in long

birth story coming soon.

.

I was going to mention something about not seeing you on here yesterday but this morning when I caught up on yesterday's thread...I saw your post! YEAH FLO!!!! :yay: Can't wait to hear more.

WOTB: TFF w/ KL Doubler w/ thirsties cover

maman08 02-20-2009 07:16 AM

Re: BASICally Fluffy Friday
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by my1hd (Post 6377348)
YA on the baby!! :)

Good morning everyone. DD1 is at another sleep over and my house is soooo quiet. :giggle: I have some stuff to ship today and a few more things to sell. What should I buy with the paypal??? I already have a few med thirsties covers on the list not sure what else to get. I'm feeling a little low on dipes though. SoI either need some more pockets/AIO's (not a big fitted fan) orI need more prefolds but I have no clue what size...... I realy wanted some BGOS but I just can not bring myself to pay 25$ a dipe :banghead:. SO I was thinking maybe some of those ATG AIOS. Thoughts??

Oh yay, I'm not just talking to myself! :giggle: I haven't tried ATG AIOs or the BG AIOs, so I can't really help there, sorry. I know Faith loves her BG organic AIOs. If it were me I'd probably get some more pfs, maybe a couple of cute dyed or embellished pfs to liven the stash up a bit.

maman08 02-20-2009 07:18 AM

Re: BASICally Fluffy Friday
 
Melissa, ss to hear your girls are still sick. :bighug: to you and them...I know it feels bad leaving them, but you do need a break every now and then and you know they'll be well taken care of with your parents there!

princemelissas 02-20-2009 07:21 AM

Re: BASICally Fluffy Friday
 
:cowwave: good morning ladies!
SO :tired: baby up every hour no idea why SO :tired:

WOTB: LL pf under a super cute apple print fleece soaker
WFB: Fiber One pancakes with real maple syrup and organic strawberries
WOTA: same as yesterday


:ohyeah: on the baby!

princemelissas 02-20-2009 07:23 AM

Re: BASICally Fluffy Friday
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by maman08 (Post 6377379)
I realize that at this point I'm still just talking to myself, but two observations from today:

- Whatever it is that our upstairs neighbor is using his hammer drill on every day at 10:30 in the middle of DS's nap is probably too broken to keep trying to fix up, and should be burned. Possibly with the neighbor added to the bonfire.
- No disrespect intended, but one of these days I would love to live somewhere that I don't have to listen to the call to prayer four times a day (there is a fifth, but it's at dawn and I'm usually not awake to hear it). It's cool at first, but after a few years it's starting to grate on my nerves.

:rant:

There, now no more complaining for me today. I just had to get that out. On to happier thoughts, like how cute Tessa must be and when we'll get to see pictures of her!


:roflmbo: My neighbors are the same way, the other night they were vacuuming at 12:30 AM, what? who vacuums at midnight especially when you share a wall with another family :banghead:

princemelissas 02-20-2009 07:23 AM

Re: BASICally Fluffy Friday
 
SS about sick kiddos Melissa, it's been a rough cold season for sure


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors