Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   WEEKEND Back 2 Basics... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677139)

cherylchoo 02-21-2009 05:41 AM

WEEKEND Back 2 Basics...

For the love of fluff...lookie, I'm starting a thread! This is the chat corner for those who feel the prefold, flat, wool, and homemade diaper love - even if that's all they have, all they need plus many other things, or wish it was all they had/want and have none. We appreciate the simplicity of CDing and get wildly off-topic.

I was going to post about being MIA last night, but now suddenly #3 is being needy...BRB...

cherylchoo 02-21-2009 06:06 AM

Re: WEEKEND Back 2 Basics...

Okay gals, I'm back. First things first, what's on the bums. #3, a snappied toddler PF and recycled striped woolies, my weekend standby because it's easy, needs no doublers or anything, and DH can get it off. #2, I think a XL FB, but DH changed her so I'm not sure.

I went out for drinks with the moms in my playgroup last night. I have not been very active in the playgroup, at least as active as I used to be, since getting PG with #3. These are a very fun bunch, got me into CDing, but this is the first time we've done something socially sans kids. It was so fun, and it was nice to get out and talk to only adults, something I don't get to do often. And we decided that we should do something like that every month, which would be great - I'm really getting to be a hermit the older I get and need to be forced out some.

BUT...it was expensive, and as I suspected, I can't drink while BFing and am paying the price for trying (I couldn't with the other two kids either). I had no more than 1/4 of a margarita, and I was sick last night and have a slight hangover today - and I didn't even drink enough to get a buzz or anything! I know you might think why not wine or beer, but it would have had the same effect, so being a Texas girl I picked tequila as my poison because that's what we do here. I don't know what it is about my body chemistry while nursing, I just can't process alcohol AT ALL. Stinks. So I'm worried I may be a drag at future outings, being the "dry" one and also because of finances, I may not be able to go to very many depending on the activities they choose. These girls have not felt the pinch of the economy yet - or at least aren't saying they do. If I went to playgroup more often I could plant suggestions for cheaper activities, but until #1 gets discharged from physical therapy, I don't see that happening.

What's everybody's plans for this weekend? Is this Oscar weekend already? I don't think I've seen any of the movies nominated, even if I knew what they were! ;)

negrapy 02-21-2009 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2piddle (Post 6388255)
I know one big name company has muslin flats :headscratch: Why the name isn't coming to me I have noooo idea...

I use a beach bag....its just a big canvas bag with 2 handles and a few pockets on the front...the bottom has a plastic liner inside so if it gets dirty you can wipe it....it wasn't getting any love her thanks to winter anyway so I repurposed it!

i'd love to see a pic of your beach tote for some inspiration as I've been thinking something similar if i end up with two in diapers again BUT i've got to put the pockets in it otherwise it drives me nuts. Right now with just one I tend to take a purse with a wetbag wipes and 1 or 2 pfs stashed in.

imse vimse does and integrity diaper company and granitesmith on ebay both sometimes carry them - they tend to call them guaze those

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebekahG77 (Post 6388327)
My weekend agenda:

*do powerpoint for next week's Bible study
*lots of custom dye jobs
*a little grocery shopping

That's all that I HAVE to get done, but I'd also like to clean out some of our unused stuff and take it to Goodwill :)

What about you?

I really like cleaning things out to take out of the house but since we've been moving so much nothing has really been building up and Dh wont let me do it as a hobby :giggle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by flobee76 (Post 6388671)
just checking in tonite. I am sure that mostly everyone is gone to bed. I am so sorry to read about mommyof8's loss. how tagic.

i am in the hospital till tomorrow morning. things are going well. Tessa is eating like a champ. no cloth yet, since I forgot to pack some. DH forgot to grab some at the house today and i forgot her going-home wool pants i knitted up. :( oh well...

off to finish writing up Tessa's birth story.

:yay: eating well!

Cheryl! I completely understand about wanting to get out but considering finances. I've never had a lot of problems with my girlfriends just because they tend to have been sahms on a budget or poor college students but when we visit Dh's old classmates its harder because they love to go out and go out often. They and their wives work full time adult jobs and have considerably larger percentages of their budgets going to play. Hopefully as long as you are going places typically that dont require you to spend money you can still go and have a good time sharing their company over a pop or something small

wotb: pf snappied under crocheted monster bum longies (present for dh ;)

TODAY:
-finish apron that got put aside yesterday
-take the kids to play indoors at the mall playground because it is stinkin cold here today
-hope that dh can wrangle the boys long enough to also repurpose my pants into maternity ones
-list the pictures on the fsot that i took yesterday

Do we have our qotd? I guess i shouldnt be the one to ask it because all i can think right now is about nursing and pregnancy LOL

- oh I have one though - I was wondering about getting involved in the funraiser donating a pillowcase dress - who would i contact?

RebeccaMomof3 02-21-2009 06:41 AM

morning all :tired: I am going to get breakfast for DD1 and will be back. I got DH and DS out the door this AM, and managed a shower :jawdrop:

RebeccaMomof3 02-21-2009 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negrapy (Post 6389777)
- oh I have one though - I was wondering about getting involved in the funraiser donating a pillowcase dress - who would i contact?

http://hyenacart.com/VinhThiDesigns/...p?c=37&p=51247

use her contact button :) Did you want the DS id? I can give you that too:goodvibes:

Bumstoppers 02-21-2009 07:02 AM

I need to figure out what I could donate too...I almost wondered just about a cash donation....

monicadd 02-21-2009 07:24 AM

ohh morning ladies!!!

im dead tired this morning :(

cherylchoo 02-21-2009 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by negrapy (Post 6389777)
Cheryl! I completely understand about wanting to get out but considering finances. I've never had a lot of problems with my girlfriends just because they tend to have been sahms on a budget or poor college students but when we visit Dh's old classmates its harder because they love to go out and go out often. They and their wives work full time adult jobs and have considerably larger percentages of their budgets going to play. Hopefully as long as you are going places typically that dont require you to spend money you can still go and have a good time sharing their company over a pop or something small

Yeah, it's weird. You know, if we were just going to a restaurant everytime like this past time, I could get a coke and maybe bring a coupon or something. But they were talking about going bowling next time, doing Super Suppers, activities that require some outlay of cash. Of course this was after they'd all had three big margaritas, so who knows.:roflmbo:

My situation with them is kind of weird. Technically we are a playgroup for our middle-class subdivision (but we welcome everyone), which is surrounded on three sides by much more expensive subdivisions and the fourth side, a much poorer subdivision. Most of our subdivision goes to the elementary school with the poorer one, myself included. But most of the moms in the playgroup are in the few niches that get to go to the school with the more expensive ones. So their houses are worth more, almost every house in those areas is lived in by a young couple with kids where the mom is a SAHM and while they are not rich per se money is not especially tight. They are all close together and visit each other frequently. Most of the families in my part of the subdivision are dual income, and there are fewer of them because about 40% of the homes are still occupied by the elderly original owners. So there are a few families with kids on my street, but both parents work so they are never home. And I'm not really in walking distance to the moms in the playgroup, so any other interaction with them has to be scheduled.

Not that there's a snob/socal classes factor with them at all - when they go to public school, they are the *poor* ones in their school, LOL. But because of logistics of location, their vs. my lifestyle and finances, etc. it's just harder for me to socialize with them. And they are always inviting me to things and making feel included, and like I said when I host EVERYONE comes. But I dont have the closeness the rest of them have from sheer proximity to each other, and financially it's hard for me to go socialize with or without kids when expense is involved.

Anybody else have such strange problems? :roflmbo:

negrapy 02-21-2009 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebeccaMomof3 (Post 6389857)
http://hyenacart.com/VinhThiDesigns/...p?c=37&p=51247

use her contact button :) Did you want the DS id? I can give you that too:goodvibes:

yeah ... I never can remember my hyena account password lol - i hardly ever use it - I recognize the name/brand i just cant remember her user name her off the top of my head

monicadd 02-21-2009 07:37 AM

:( My asthma is still really bad. Ill probably end up at the hospital today. Which is not gonna good, cause ive been having trouble for over a week or two. And my doctor will most likely admit me and give me large doses of steriods and antibiotics. :cry: Sometimes i hate my life.