Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   You know my WOOL don't lie and I'm starting to feel it's right -- SUNDAY (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677932)

MollyJones 02-22-2009 05:36 AM

You know my WOOL don't lie and I'm starting to feel it's right -- SUNDAY

Good MORNING wool lovers!! :lostit:

Shaineinok 02-22-2009 05:55 AM

Re: You know my WOOL don't lie and I'm starting to feel it's right -- SUNDAY

Good morning!

Teeniebean 02-22-2009 06:01 AM

Good morning! I was up nursing DD, but she is back in bed, so I'm going to try to sleep, too!

devholan 02-22-2009 06:09 AM

Good morning. So happy that my DH's flight gets in soon.

I'm 2 rows into the seed stitch cuffs on my shorties and it's not looking hot (uneven). Does it even itself out as I add more rows, or should I frog and work it really slowly to ensure tension is good?

Shaineinok 02-22-2009 06:10 AM

Pondering dyeing some yarn.... Can you get brown with wiltons? I have dyed other things but not yarn.

I cast on some yarn i picked up last year called cherries by Just Sheepy. I never used it since it looked so different when I got it but I think it wants to be shorties.

And lastly does anyone have the WW short row link? I don't have it on this computer yet. I have been slowly trying all the short row methods, for fun I guess. So far I can get all to work. But I kinda liked that on and want to try it again.

c1sarena 02-22-2009 06:11 AM

Good morning all! Dev, you know if you're not happy now I would think you should frog:yuck: . Oh I am curious how long you are making the legs and the cuff cuz my lo is basically the same size. For shorts I have been doing 10 rows of main and 6 row cuffs.....

Shaineinok 02-22-2009 06:11 AM

I always think my seed stitch looks funny til the third or fourth row. But if you think its tension then I would redo.

devholan 02-22-2009 06:15 AM

Thanks ladies. I think I'm not fully used to the 12"s yet. I wonder if there's another kind of cuff I would do better with as a newbie?

Sarena, I have 10 rows of main on these, two. :) It's my first pair of shorties so we'll see how the length works out.

ladybenz 02-22-2009 06:24 AM

Dev, my seed stitch always looks crazy for a few rows, it will look better once you've gotten far enough in for the pattern to look right.

Well, after getting up at 5:30, I did end up crawling back into bed at about 6:30, and the boys let me grab another hour before they woke up. I love the nights when they sleep through. :)

Okay, dog is barking to come in, brb.

MollyJones 02-22-2009 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaineinok (Post 6399183)
Pondering dyeing some yarn.... Can you get brown with wiltons? I have dyed other things but not yarn.

I cast on some yarn i picked up last year called cherries by Just Sheepy. I never used it since it looked so different when I got it but I think it wants to be shorties.

And lastly does anyone have the WW short row link? I don't have it on this computer yet. I have been slowly trying all the short row methods, for fun I guess. So far I can get all to work. But I kinda liked that on and want to try it again.

The light brown in the yarn I dyed last night was done w/ Wilton's. I've never gotten a dark brown with it... it's more like creamed coffee. :goodvibes: