Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Just Another Manic Monday....BSRB Chatter (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678692)

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-23-2009 05:59 AM

Just Another Manic Monday....BSRB Chatter

Morning mamas!

If anyone would like about 6 inches of snow that I don't want feel free to come shovel up my back lawn and I can send it home with you :giggle:

Todays events...figure out where the nail clippers are, my nails are *way* too long...DS has a haabit of hiding the clippers.

Also need to call the propane company and find out how much it costs a month to heat that house...if its $500+ like DH "calculated" :headscratch: Then we are in a world of trouble and that wouldn't work out...we use natural gas here so he did some sort of conversion...

Anyway off to post before someone else does!

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-23-2009 06:28 AM

Re: Just Another Manic Monday....BSRB Chatter

All right, anyone have tips to avoid overnight stench?

I love using the cloth at night now that both kids are okay with it but in the AM...mostly with DS, I can smell him before he is even down the stairs! :yuck: It smells very similar to a skunk...

None of our other diapers have the issue and when they are clean and dry they are fine...its just the overnight pee I guess? It smells *horrible*.

Any ideas? I don't want to hurt the elastic on the diapers either....:headscratch:

madeinjanuary 02-23-2009 06:30 AM

morning shannon! wow that's about how much our oil bill is about every other month. sometimes I see a bill everymonth and that is never fun. and its nice of u to offer your snow up but I think I'm good so i'll pass up that lovely offer hehe. I gotta take my dad to the dr today and since the car is still not fixed I have to call a cab. what a big waste of $20. he better not think I'm paying for it. :X

serendipity10410 02-23-2009 06:35 AM

Morning Shannon! I hope that house does not cost 500/month to heat :yikes: We had a 400 bill this year, and boy did that motivate DH to remember to turn the lights off when he leaves a room :chuckle:

I thought about starting the thread like three times, but I've been a scatter brain this morning :blush:

So, it's official! X slept through the night without a bedtime bottle! Now, whether this was a coincidence or a fluke, i do not know, but I feel so much better that i accomplished it once :) I am having a terrible time cutting out daytime bottles, but that's ok with me, if i can just get rid of that bedtime one :)

I was browsing Spot's yesterday and I saw a wool onesie that is really cute, and pretty cheap too. I think it's a little too big for X, and I know this will sound silly, but i have nothing for bedtime that would match it :blush: So I decided to browse Batik Bum again, to see about getting one of her wool onesies. Instead i found THIS! I want it soooooo bad, but i just cannot bring myself to buy it, esp after falling off the wagon for elliot last night :hide: I don't want to get completely run over by the wagon :giggle2: But I love these one-piece rompers, but they are not coverless cloth friendly...until now! Ugh. Ok, maybe now i have enabled myself enough. BBL :bolt:

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-23-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipity10410 (Post 6408366)
Morning Shannon! I hope that house does not cost 500/month to heat :yikes: We had a 400 bill this year, and boy did that motivate DH to remember to turn the lights off when he leaves a room :chuckle:

I thought about starting the thread like three times, but I've been a scatter brain this morning :blush:

So, it's official! X slept through the night without a bedtime bottle! Now, whether this was a coincidence or a fluke, i do not know, but I feel so much better that i accomplished it once :) I am having a terrible time cutting out daytime bottles, but that's ok with me, if i can just get rid of that bedtime one :)

I was browsing Spot's yesterday and I saw a wool onesie that is really cute, and pretty cheap too. I think it's a little too big for X, and I know this will sound silly, but i have nothing for bedtime that would match it :blush: So I decided to browse Batik Bum again, to see about getting one of her wool onesies. Instead i found THIS! I want it soooooo bad, but i just cannot bring myself to buy it, esp after falling off the wagon for elliot last night :hide: I don't want to get completely run over by the wagon :giggle2: But I love these one-piece rompers, but they are not coverless cloth friendly...until now! Ugh. Ok, maybe now i have enabled myself enough. BBL :bolt:

That is so cute! I love it! I am lucky though because a lot of that stuff will never fit Ivy...her inseam is so long. Silly tall children! I love that color too!

serendipity10410 02-23-2009 06:40 AM

:wave: Hi Tana. SS about the cab ride :banghead:

Shannon, I have switched detergents to get rid of AM ammonia stink, and just made sure my diapers are well-rinsed every time. Tide does wonders for me to keep morning stink away. My Allens detergent works fine, and the dipes do not stink any time other than morning when i use it, but with Tide, no stink EVER. Also, i use a spray of Bac-out on the ON dipes before i put them in the wetbag, so it combats the pee smell from hanging out in there, and kills bacteria. I hope you get it figured out soon! I once used BG 3.0s for overnight, and the stench just about knocked me over in the morning!!

ETA: that reminds me: are you still using the PUL covers? that could be holding the pee in and making the ammonia smell stronger. Wool is awesome for letting them "breathe" overnight and keeping stinky ammonia stench away too!

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-23-2009 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serendipity10410 (Post 6408405)
:wave: Hi Tana. SS about the cab ride :banghead:

Shannon, I have switched detergents to get rid of AM ammonia stink, and just made sure my diapers are well-rinsed every time. Tide does wonders for me to keep morning stink away. My Allens detergent works fine, and the dipes do not stink any time other than morning when i use it, but with Tide, no stink EVER. Also, i use a spray of Bac-out on the ON dipes before i put them in the wetbag, so it combats the pee smell from hanging out in there, and kills bacteria. I hope you get it figured out soon! I once used BG 3.0s for overnight, and the stench just about knocked me over in the morning!!

ETA: that reminds me: are you still using the PUL covers? that could be holding the pee in and making the ammonia smell stronger. Wool is awesome for letting them "breathe" overnight and keeping stinky ammonia stench away too!

Yea we use Tide too, we have been die hard Tide users since the very beginning about 2 years ago!

We did use the PUL last night, maybe tonight I will try it without the PUL...just trying to figure out how we will fit the other doubler for DS because if I put it *in* the diaper it is too bulky to close it right (VBSN). Hmm I will have to see what I can come up with.

Thanks for the ideas! I will have to see about Bacout...yea the BGs overnight are *horrendous* with the stink overnight!

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-23-2009 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madeinjanuary (Post 6408336)
morning shannon! wow that's about how much our oil bill is about every other month. sometimes I see a bill everymonth and that is never fun. and its nice of u to offer your snow up but I think I'm good so i'll pass up that lovely offer hehe. I gotta take my dad to the dr today and since the car is still not fixed I have to call a cab. what a big waste of $20. he better not think I'm paying for it. :X

Wow is that what a cab ride costs?! YIKES! I haven't ever used a cab before! I hope it is okay and that you don't have to pay for it!

I called about the heating of the house...year round it would be $340 a month...yeeps. Not so sure DH will like that #. That even includes summer because otherwise it would be $800 a fill up....

serendipity10410 02-23-2009 06:54 AM

Shannon, the more i thought about this, also, with Tide i think i had some AM stinkies because i was not using enough detergent, but then when i used the right amt I had to do an extra rinse. It's all trial and error. But I do recommend doing away with the PUL. It is definitely making your stinky AM pee worse. As for the doubler, just stick it in the soaker, on top of the diaper. Maybe i am the only one, but I have done that on occasion :blush: No need to have a cover to "hold" it in place, KWIM?

mrsdi 02-23-2009 06:55 AM

Good morning!

Shannon--I hope the propane isn't going to cost that price per month. Oh, no. Especially since you love that house so much.

Tana--SS about the cab, mama. No fun to have the car out of commission. :(

Sara--:yay: about X STTN w/out the bedtime bottle!!! Are you going to give him spaghetti every night since that was the meal he ate last night without the bottle? If it were me, I would. :giggle2: I think you've officially inspired me...I'm going to try to cut out the before nap bottle today and just give C a good lunch of solids.
That Batik Bum jumper is so cute!! I don't want to enable you...just saying it's cute. :)

C didn't get up until 8:15, which was perfectly fine with me. Gave me a chance to get a quick shower before DH got up for work. She was up and ready to play by the time I got out, though.
I have the beginnings of a cold sore. :yuck: I just ransacked the house looking for my prescription, but it hit me that I haven't had a cold sore in over a year, so it probably expired, anyway. Off to call the doctor to get a new one. BBL. :bolt: