Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   BSRB Typical Tuesday! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679656)

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-24-2009 05:39 AM

BSRB Typical Tuesday!

Morning mamas!

Proud to announce that the wool kept the stinkies at bay much better!

The wool was pretty damp but none of the PJs etc were wet so that is wonderful! :thumbsup:

It is air drying now...

How often does one wash their wool? Do you lanolize every time you wash? What if your wool wash has lanolin in it?

mrsdi 02-24-2009 06:18 AM

Re: BSRB Typical Tuesday!

Morning!

Shannon--you're becoming the early bird of the thread. :)
:yay: for wool last night!!
For C's nighttime wool, I wash every other week. She doesn't wear wool every night, though, because DH uses BGs on the nights I go to yoga. If she were wearing the same wool every night, I would probably wash every week. I do lanolize everytime I wash, and I use wool wash with lanolin in it already. HTH!

BBL. C just woke up.

madeinjanuary 02-24-2009 06:39 AM

morning mamas.

i dont usually use extra lanolin other than whats already in the wool wash. maybe i should cause my longies totally leaked the other day ;X and we wash our wool 1-2 weeks depending how often theyre used. and hooray for the wool for ON.

im not gonna lie.i totally didnt go back to read all the postts from yesterday but did want to thank the mamas who gave me hugs and are praying for my father.

so today nothing much planned. i got to clean a bit and do diaper laundry but thats about it.

i'll check in with you mamas a bit later

pennybelly 02-24-2009 06:42 AM

hi gals,

both of my girls woke up very early this am. dd1 has been going to bed wayyy too late and she is starting to wake up extra early - like 6am early - when she normally wakes around 8am. dh has a dinner meeting after work tonight so i will be getting her down mama style.

as for wool. we use interlock. we have a good amount of soakers that i rotate through so i do my washing every 3-4wks. maybe that is too long? we don't cd at night so i don't have any wool that they are sitting in for long periods of time. speaking of wool. i have been meaning to wash mine for days now :blush:

i hope you all have a great day! we have to make a run out for paint. my dad is painting our hallways sometime this week. very exciting!

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-24-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsdi (Post 6420431)
Morning!

Shannon--you're becoming the early bird of the thread. :)
:yay: for wool last night!!
For C's nighttime wool, I wash every other week. She doesn't wear wool every night, though, because DH uses BGs on the nights I go to yoga. If she were wearing the same wool every night, I would probably wash every week. I do lanolize everytime I wash, and I use wool wash with lanolin in it already. HTH!

BBL. C just woke up.

Yea you can blame my stupid stomach for me being the early bird! I have to call later today and get an appt to have them figure out what is wrong with me. My *guess* is my hormones are going bonkers because DD is going more time between nursing etc so they are probably trying to regulate but in the meantime it makes for some miserable mornings.

I am thinking I might end up needing to wash every week too for night time wool which means I might need another cover for DD unless I do the BGs overnight the night they are drying..the Disana covers are *great* but they take forever to dry because they are so thick....luckily DS already has two wool covers.

aranel7 02-24-2009 06:45 AM

Morning! Juliana is rocking her long sleeve fish in bags tee with the goldfish shorties and leg warmers and it all fits great. Action shots are to follow. The shorties are just big enough in the bum and tall enough in the rise that I think she might be able to wear them next summer too. The legwarmers fit great! I have never cared much for babylegs because I feel like they're too tight around chunky thighs but knit leg warmers seem to be where it's at. I might try to make a few pairs.

So I bought a couple of Sposoeasy AIOs last night. I really like to have an AIO on hand just in case but I truly do not care for other OS dipes than BSRB so even though everyone here seems to be raving about the BG organics, I couldn't bring myself to pay that price for an OS dipe. Honestly, my stash is at a happy place that I am really happy about:

**14 UFs (counting the 7 that are OTW)
**3 more UFs in the works
**2 all fleece Snap-Ez pockets (these are our nighttime solution. I would ideally like 2 more of these)
**2 Fuzzi Bunz
**2 Sposoeasy AIOs
**1 Angel Dry all fleece pocket (I don't love this one enough to get a second but I don't dislike it enough not to use it)

What it would take to put me at stash nirvana would be 3 more UFs (for a total of 20), 2 more all fleece SEZ pockets w/ matching SEZ inserts (for a total of 4) and 4 more Sposoeasy AIOs (if I like them). I like still needing a bunch of dipes before I can call it stash nirvana, but only having a few things I know I like in my stash. Since my FSOT has been going so crazy I have been able to sell a bunch of the stuff that didn't work out for us or that Howie and Juliana grew out of. I still have a small collection of fitteds that are FSOT, but maybe I'll get serious about cutting down the prices on those to sell them. We'll see!

MegsMom 02-24-2009 06:59 AM

Morning mamas. It is supposed to nice (high 40s today) so it is nice to see the sun. Hopefully the kiddos will get out and play at school today. They need to run around.

We use interlock at night and I have 3 pairs. I wash 2-3weeks. I rotate them throughout the week. I am thinking of getting a pair of fleece overnight pants..I wonder how fleece will hold up overnight??? Anyone try?

Well, brownies in the breakroom. I was soo good yesterday, soo off to get one. Yummy!!

Mom2BabiesA&I 02-24-2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aranel7 (Post 6420588)
Morning! Juliana is rocking her long sleeve fish in bags tee with the goldfish shorties and leg warmers and it all fits great. Action shots are to follow. The shorties are just big enough in the bum and tall enough in the rise that I think she might be able to wear them next summer too. The legwarmers fit great! I have never cared much for babylegs because I feel like they're too tight around chunky thighs but knit leg warmers seem to be where it's at. I might try to make a few pairs.

So I bought a couple of Sposoeasy AIOs last night. I really like to have an AIO on hand just in case but I truly do not care for other OS dipes than BSRB so even though everyone here seems to be raving about the BG organics, I couldn't bring myself to pay that price for an OS dipe. Honestly, my stash is at a happy place that I am really happy about:

**2 all fleece Snap-Ez pockets (these are our nighttime solution. I would ideally like 2 more of these)
**2 Fuzzi Bunz
**2 Sposoeasy AIOs
**1 Angel Dry all fleece pocket (I don't love this one enough to get a second but I don't dislike it enough not to use it)

What it would take to put me at stash nirvana would be 3 more UFs (for a total of 20), 2 more all fleece SEZ pockets w/ matching SEZ inserts (for a total of 4) and 4 more Sposoeasy AIOs (if I like them). I like still needing a bunch of dipes before I can call it stash nirvana, but only having a few things I know I like in my stash. Since my FSOT has been going so crazy I have been able to sell a bunch of the stuff that didn't work out for us or that Howie and Juliana grew out of. I still have a small collection of fitteds that are FSOT, but maybe I'll get serious about cutting down the prices on those to sell them. We'll see!

Sounds very goldfishy! You have quite the stash. I am at 10 BG OS, 3 SOS, 1 FB, and 10 BSRB (3, UF, 2 old style, and 5 TF)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegsMom (Post 6420695)
Morning mamas. It is supposed to nice (high 40s today) so it is nice to see the sun. Hopefully the kiddos will get out and play at school today. They need to run around.

We use interlock at night and I have 3 pairs. I wash 2-3weeks. I rotate them throughout the week. I am thinking of getting a pair of fleece overnight pants..I wonder how fleece will hold up overnight??? Anyone try?

Well, brownies in the breakroom. I was soo good yesterday, soo off to get one. Yummy!!

Mmm that weather sounds wonderful! Send it this way. The sun is supposed to come out here later but its still only about 20 degrees....

serendipity10410 02-24-2009 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I (Post 6420224)
Morning mamas!

Proud to announce that the wool kept the stinkies at bay much better!

The wool was pretty damp but none of the PJs etc were wet so that is wonderful! :thumbsup:

It is air drying now...

How often does one wash their wool? Do you lanolize every time you wash? What if your wool wash has lanolin in it?

Morning Shannon!
Glad to hear about the wool :woot2:

I wash my overnight wool weekly, and i have two pairs (one thick knit, and one super-thick recycled that i made myself :)) so i have one to use while the other is drying. My ON wool is super thick, and takes about 2 days to dry! I also lanolize every time, and i use a wash with lanolin in it. If you had a light to avg wetter, you could get away without lanolizing every time, but my DS is a super-soaker, so we need to re-waterproof every time. I think i use a bit more lanolin than most when i lanolize, too. I like my overnight wool to almost feel "waxy" in the wetzone before i dry it :blush: It keeps X dry, so I go with it! :lostit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by pennybelly (Post 6420565)
hi gals,

both of my girls woke up very early this am. dd1 has been going to bed wayyy too late and she is starting to wake up extra early - like 6am early - when she normally wakes around 8am. dh has a dinner meeting after work tonight so i will be getting her down mama style.

as for wool. we use interlock. we have a good amount of soakers that i rotate through so i do my washing every 3-4wks. maybe that is too long? we don't cd at night so i don't have any wool that they are sitting in for long periods of time. speaking of wool. i have been meaning to wash mine for days now :blush:

i hope you all have a great day! we have to make a run out for paint. my dad is painting our hallways sometime this week. very exciting!

Jess, ss to hear about dd1 not sleeping well :hugs: I hope you get her sleep straightened out soon! I don't think that is too long to wash if you are not using them at night! i cannot remember the last time i washed my day wool :giggle:

mrsdi 02-24-2009 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aranel7 (Post 6420588)

**2 Fuzzi Bunz
**2 Sposoeasy AIOs

Now you have me thinking I need more diapers for traveling. I tried AIOs before and I didn't like them. They took forever to dry, and I just couldn't take it. There is a lot of 6 BG MF inserts on sale BN on FSOT that I'm considering. I have a ton of BGs, but not enough inserts because I had bought them at a seconds sale awhile back. I don't like MF, but they would work for traveling in a pinch. Ugh. Decisions.
Did you see the auction for the DD goldfish sock yarn I linked you to last night? It includes knitting...perhaps Howie could have some Nemo socks? :giggle:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MegsMom (Post 6420695)

Enjoy those brownies, Jaclyn. :) Do you watch The Office? Just reminds me of an episode about free pretzels in the breakroom.
I've never tried fleece at night, only naptime. I just am spoiled with wool...fleece seems to hold onto the stinkies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2BabiesA&I (Post 6420747)
Sounds very goldfishy! You have quite the stash. I am at 10 BG OS, 3 SOS, 1 FB, and 10 BSRB (3, UF, 2 old style, and 5 TF)

Mmm that weather sounds wonderful! Send it this way. The sun is supposed to come out here later but its still only about 20 degrees....

Send the weather this way, too. It's a beautiful sunny day here. However, it's really windy, so feels like about 15 degrees. I'm so done with winter. I don't know how you mamas in severe winters do it.

So...I have to physically go to the PO today to ship to Canada. Blah. I am so spoiled with carrier pickup. I despise lugging C in and out of the carseat to go in the PO. Perhaps I can coax FIL to go with me to sit with her in the car. :giggle: I'm so lazy.

Someone please send nap vibes this way. I need C to take a nap today. She's been napless for 2 days and she was utterly exhausted last night. She did sleep for 12 hours, though, which was great.