Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   At the end of my rope.. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68156)

jls~Kain~Drake 11-30-2006 03:40 PM

At the end of my rope..

:cry: :cry:

I feel like a terribly mean mom. I hate being this way. I feel like a tightly wound coil and the kids are doing something to make me snap every time I turn around. I hate yelling. Absolutely hate it. But in the moment, that's all I can do. It sucks!

I feel like I need to implement a routine/schedule, but I can't get it done. They have a nap time and a bed time, but everything else is 'do as you please/play it by ear' type of thing.

Help??

mistylaureena 11-30-2006 03:48 PM

Re: At the end of my rope..

I know how you feel.....they focused on this on Nanny 911 and you know if its tv its very accurate on how it works:laugh: But anyways they made out an iternary for what was going to be doen

i.e. 7-8 eat brakfast and put dishes away

8-8"30 get changed and make beds

etc etc this way the kids knew what was happening at all times and teh mom always had something to fall back on to get her kids organized. Plus she had teh mom enroll the kids in an "activity" such as dance, karate, so that they kids had something to look forward too...anyways I thought it was good ideas...I think kids need structure to follow or they end up being bored and making bad choices

jls~Kain~Drake 11-30-2006 04:01 PM

That's probably what my oldest is having a problem with...boredom. And the baby just follows suit. Thanks for the reply. I want to get him in this daycare/preschool near us...just for about 6 hours a week (9a-11a m,w,f)..but it's $65/week and we don't have that AT ALL. We may after the beginning of the year when dh gets his raise and we get the tax return and get debt paid off.

I'm just so uptight and I don't ever want to even attempt anything because I know they'll just go nuts and I'll end up getting mad and frustrated to the point of freaking out.

mistylaureena 11-30-2006 04:04 PM

I can understand not being able to afford it for sure...but mabe try something like this

everyday from a set time to another set time you guys go for a walk outside for X mintes..it might get there energy out. Our mom used to take us on "nature" hikes which were really just the treesa round teh neiborhood and we would collect leaves and flowers and what not, then when we got home we would put them in our scrapbooks and make little ntoes and color them. That way we got some energy out with walking and then go to use our minds with the arts and crafts scrapbook...hth

jls~Kain~Drake 11-30-2006 05:52 PM

FitMommyOf2 11-30-2006 07:12 PM

:hugs: mama,
I often feel the very same way; especially right now that DH is off work due to having had his big back OP, can't do much and I pretty much have to help him aswell as the kids... We had to take DD out of preschool due to not having the $ and she's just acting like a brat most of the time and I too feel losing my patience more often that I'd wish.. :blush: The worst, I can tell she 'copies' me as she yells at DS and once said "I just wanted to do it like you" :cry:
PM me if you need someone to talk to; I'm in the same boat! :hugs:

janelyb 11-30-2006 10:10 PM

read my other post
http://diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68135

I read this awesome book that is helping me so much with my Parenting. It's given me ideas on how to stay calm and not yell or argue with my kids.

Have you thought of joining a Mom's club or playgroup in your area??? I know the one in our area has a babysitting co-op where you exchange points for babysitting instead of money. It worked fantastic for me.

camomof5 11-30-2006 10:59 PM

:hugs:

I hear you I just got done with a 2 hour battle with my DS (he has adhd) he was yelling at me, telling me he hates me and I just cried, I dont spank and I dont yell. I actually am going to have to take him to a Neuro psyc. I cant take it anymore, he is one minute hating me then 2 minutes (literally) asking for hugs and telling me he loves me. Hang in there!

jls~Kain~Drake 12-01-2006 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janelyb (Post 492931)
Have you thought of joining a Mom's club or playgroup in your area??? I know the one in our area has a babysitting co-op where you exchange points for babysitting instead of money. It worked fantastic for me.

I've found 2 moms clubs locally....the only thing is, they require dues. One of them is a bit farther away than I'd like (~40-45 min) and the other one is A LOT closer, but a lot more expensive. Dh and I are hardly even making it paycheck to paycheck, I can't afford $60 in dues and then $5/$6 per activity AND gas. I think it's a great idea and I REALLLLY want to...but we just can't afford it :(

I think I'm going to try to see if our library has that book. Maybe I'll get lucky some time and hear about a free moms club :)