Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWYD: Wool or PUL for EBF newborn (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682611)

meganne79 02-27-2009 09:00 AM

WWYD: Wool or PUL for EBF newborn

Hi mamas,
What would you do if you were me? I've never cd'd a newborn before.

I have about 8 pull on wool interlock covers and 2 wool wraps in sizes nb and x-small but I only have 4 PUL covers. If I will be using mostly prefolds and a few fitteds. Should I sell some of the wool and use the money to buy more PUL or stick with mostly wool?

TIA!

LibertyChic 02-27-2009 09:06 AM

Re: WWYD: Wool or PUL for EBF newborn

I prefer wool (and just about any other cover) to PUL. I started out exclusively with PUL and have all but gotten away from it. Right now, I am only using fleece, but plan on adding more wool to my stash again.

The only "problem" that I've encountered with wool is my little guy is HUGE and grows so dang fast, it's hard to keep him in something that fits... However, PUL did do well for us. It's just a personal preference thing, I think. :)

littleflower 02-27-2009 09:30 AM

I personally would have mostly PUL, with a couple wool. But, I think 4 newborn PUL covers plus a couple wool would be enough. So if you sold some wool, you could get whatever you need for other sizes.

To me, a newborn is a lot of work, and having to scrub EBF poo out of wool is not something I want to have to worry about. PUL covers are just so easy. That said, I have baby go coverless as much as possible.

2sunshines 02-27-2009 09:34 AM

I think you'll be fine. I'd keep exactly what you have and see what you end up using more. Then after baby outgrows that size, you can sell it all and fund the next sizes. I don't think you'd need more than 4 PUL covers if you're using wool too.

myall4him2 02-27-2009 10:22 AM

:yeahthat: I have tons of wool and only two PUL covers....I just bought two more PUL covers to make 4 and I think that'll be perfect for us.

xiri 02-27-2009 10:35 AM

I used mostly wool, but I must confess I washed it a lot. I had 6 covers and found that to be more than enough. I did have 4 pul covers and just didn't use them.

titania 02-27-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2sunshines (Post 6459071)
I think you'll be fine. I'd keep exactly what you have and see what you end up using more. Then after baby outgrows that size, you can sell it all and fund the next sizes. I don't think you'd need more than 4 PUL covers if you're using wool too.

:thumbsup: