Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My Short list.... Tell me what you think of these names. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6836)

Bridym 05-17-2006 08:28 PM

My Short list.... Tell me what you think of these names.

Hi mamas
Well I know you will be nice to me so I thought I would throw my short list out to you. We are having a seriosuly hard time naming this baby so I need some suggestions. If you have any names that you can suggest please do!

Here are the names

Chelsea
Lena
Bridget(my name is a form of Bridget)
Mallory

Lena and Mallory are my favorites so far, but DH doesn't care for Lena much at all but it seems to be a name I just keep going back to over and over again so I can't take it off my list.

Thanx for the suggestions!

MamaLove 05-17-2006 08:36 PM

Re: My Short list.... Tell me what you think of these names.

I like Lena and Mallory, too. Great minds think alike! :giggle: I've never heard of Lena before, makes me think of Luna, like a moon goddess!

Some babies just look like a certain name, so she may be the final deciding factor! ;)

toryandrew 05-17-2006 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridym
Hi mamas
Well I know you will be nice to me so I thought I would throw my short list out to you. We are having a seriosuly hard time naming this baby so I need some suggestions. If you have any names that you can suggest please do!

Here are the names

Chelsea
Lena
Bridget(my name is a form of Bridget)
Mallory

Lena and Mallory are my favorites so far, but DH doesn't care for Lena much at all but it seems to be a name I just keep going back to over and over again so I can't take it off my list.

Thanx for the suggestions!

I like Lena and Mallory too. Chelsea I always think of Clinton. I like Bridget okay. I like Lena the best too. What about a compromise with DH and call her Lena bvut use a longer name like: Melena, Angelina, Magdalina, Helena, Paulina, Selena, Alena, Elena, Kalena

Emma 05-17-2006 08:41 PM

I like Mallory. One of our friends have DD who's about a yr and a half who's name is Mallory. She's a firecracker lemme tell ya!

Proverbs169 05-17-2006 08:43 PM

Another vote for Mallory!! :)

SheilaJoy 05-17-2006 08:54 PM

Mallory's nms, I like Lena the best on your list, pronounced Layna. How about Meghan, Emily, Emma, Adriana....

Bridym 05-17-2006 08:57 PM

Thank you for the replies.

I am really starting to love Mallory a lot and this feels great!
The worst feeling in the world to me is not being able to come up with a name I love. I found it so easy to name our ds that I was just expecting the same thing to happen with this baby but it has proven to be the opposite.

I do also Love Lena too, so maybe once DH sees my short list he may just compromise, but it has been on my list since before we knew we were having a girl and he is still not crazy about it.

SheilaJoy 05-17-2006 09:03 PM

We had a heck of a time naming Hannah, too. The entire pregnancy we went back and forth. I became a raging star wars fan during that pregnancy too, and Hannah was very nearly named Leia!
Then I went back and forth with Hannah for awhile because I didn't want her name to be too common...but then I finally said, "I don't care what people think, I'm going with the name I love!" :thumbsup:

fouradss 05-17-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toryandrew
I like Lena and Mallory too. Chelsea I always think of Clinton. I like Bridget okay. I like Lena the best too. What about a compromise with DH and call her Lena bvut use a longer name like: Melena, Angelina, Magdalina, Helena, Paulina, Selena, Alena, Elena, Kalena

I was also going to suggest Alena. That is my sisters name. She was named after my great great grandma. It is a very old name that you no longer hear very often.

Radish4ever 05-17-2006 10:07 PM

Lena