Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Any twin mamas feel like you'll never be ready for another? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686062)

i&a's mama 03-03-2009 12:00 PM

Any twin mamas feel like you'll never be ready for another?

I always thought I'd have at least 3 kids, but since the twins, I feel like I'm never going to be ready for another. I know that they're only 8 months old and there's plenty of time, but I just don't know when/if I want any another baby! I wish I didn't feel this way, too.

Just wondering if I'm the only one...:blush:

titania 03-04-2009 10:24 PM

Re: Any twin mamas feel like you'll never be ready for another?

i already HAVE another baby, and i have moments of "im not sure i can do this!!" :lostit:

Rollins4 03-05-2009 11:30 AM

I have 2 singletons and then my twins,, about 6 months after the twins were born I wanted more. Dh told me to just wait and then we could try,, let them start walking, etc,, stalling me basically.. and I am so glad. My family is complete! We are not planning on anymore or trying for more,, now if one happens upon us it will be great otherwise the 4 kiddos are it!! Besides that I am already crazy....and tired:lostit:

HeatherlovesCDs 03-06-2009 02:11 PM

I'm sure you aren't alone. It will get easier and you may want more later. If you don't that's okay too. We have an older sigleton boy who is 3 and then the twins who are 14 months. I've been ready for the next for a long while now. But, DH feels like we are already overwhelmed and if we didn't have more babies waiting for us in the freezer, he'd probably be saying we are done. We are going to have more and hopefully I'll be pregnant by the end of the summer, but you definitally aren't alone. You don't have to want more. If you ultimately decide that this is it, that's totally okay! Your family will be perfect just as it is. :hugs:

lisastwins2002 03-06-2009 08:40 PM

It took me almost 5 years to feel ready for another. YDD was born when the twins were 5.5. Once PPAF came back when Abby was 7 mo (EBF), I was ready for another one. Except for a few small colds and teething, Abby has been a perfect baby so we planned on a playmate for her. Lo and behold, here I am almost 30 weeks pg with our 2nd set of twins! We are definately now done and feeling quite overwhelmed. I don't mean to scare you, but that's how it worked out with me!

Mamatoabunch 03-06-2009 10:12 PM

I was ready when mine turned a year. I was already a wee bit pregnant on their first birthday. Would not change a thing!

starbuckmom 03-06-2009 10:21 PM

We have a 3 year old and 2 month old twin boys. I am not wanting anymore kids. I am done. Twins are very difficult as you all know :giggle: I am hoping that I won't get baby fever once these two are past a year.

Prairiemom 03-06-2009 11:14 PM

I have a 15 yr old DD from a previous relationship and the twins are 16 months. My DH and I had planned to have 2 kids. When we found out we were having twins, we still thought of having another one. It has steadily gotten more so where we are thinking we won't. We have pretty much decided. We are keeping our snowbabies though, you never know if we will have more. I feel pretty busy though.

3miracles 03-06-2009 11:19 PM

Our twins were are firsts and we definately wanted more. We just didn't plan to be pregnant when they were 9 months old. So now the twins are 2 and the baby is 10 months old. Some days it is really hard, but I wouldn't change it for the world. We want more, but are going to wait for at least 3 to 4 years.

naykeewabbits 03-07-2009 11:57 PM

I have a 10 yr old, 4 yr old and 10 month old twins. The thought of having another NOW makes me sick to my stomach. However, my husband has gotten fixed and it was my idea but still a lil sad to KNOW that there WON'T be anymore ever!