Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   When will my milk change? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69186)

riandkymommy 12-03-2006 01:25 PM

When will my milk change?

I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and nursing my 15 month old (lol, I just looked at that, looks funny, 2 15s, ok I know I am weird) and I was wondering when to expect my milk to change? Will there be a HUGE decrease in her supply? She already seems to be POed that there isn't as much lap room as before (always kicking and pushing and pinching, preview to sibling rivalry??) I can't imagine how angry she will be when she starts to lose supply! AH!

jenmcfar 12-03-2006 04:01 PM

Re: When will my milk change?

Hate to say it, but it depends. It's different for everyone, some it changes almost right away, and others it doesn't change until a week or two before delivery. Good luck with the sibling rivalry! :thumbsup:

kissum 12-03-2006 04:45 PM

I don't know from experience, but I think if you make it a couple more weeks as is you should have a decent supply throughout. GL!

riandkymommy 12-03-2006 04:47 PM

There is no way this little girl is stopping nursing anytime soon, lol! She is attached to the boob all the time!

Thanks for the info...I squeezed today to see what color it was and it is definitely still milk and there is still lots!!! LOL! I sprayed DH in the face, haha!!

heamae 12-04-2006 04:09 PM

My dd got kind of crnky and started nursinf a lot more around 4mo. so i think thats when my supply went down.
but like the pp said its different for everyone.

*~Mindy~* 12-05-2006 08:17 AM

i dunno, im 10 weks and i noticed a TINY bit of difference, but not much, and taste, i dont know if its different but past about 3 times where he gave me funny looks just lie he did when i got my perod back for the first time, hes been fine with it, i started producing colostrum with him around 8 weeks when thomas noticed, so i assume that since i started early with him, thats helpful to my body to not being dried up now if that makes sense?
my friend doest believe im pregnant because he still nurses when he wants to (short of the week or so where it felt like he was trying to gnaw my ipples off again ..ugh!!) and is fie with it , because she got pregnant from what she says before 6 weeks but her kids are 11 month apart, so i dunn when, LOL and her milk dried up with her secod supposedly when she was around 5 weeks opregnant with her third, imo it waws other resos as well, lik her not wanting to bf to begin with and mainly formula feeding because she thinks it has more vitamins, and only pumping occasionally, but shes convinced im lying because of her experience.

ayway not everyone has anything like the same experience, so thats one of those things youre gong to just have to find out about, which believe me, im not so sure i WANT to find out, ill probably have oe quite pissed little tantrum throwing boy if my milk decides to dry up!!